Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Somebody needs to tell that guy that LA has no extra money to pay the teachers.

It is being said that if they give the teachers what they want in two months they will be broke.

Do Democrats truly believe there is a money tree?

Maybe California giving away all of that free stuff is starting to catch up with them?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It is being said that if they give the teachers what they want in two months they will be broke.

Maybe California giving away all of that free stuff is starting to catch up with them?

M-Bob
Not sure what teachers make out there but it's peanuts here. Teachers are are in debt because of the cost of education and they have to buy school supplies for their students because people are cheap and won't raise taxes to pay them more. It's more important for people to drop $50 in the lottery than pay $10 extra per month for educating their children.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure what teachers make out there but it's peanuts here. Teachers are are in debt because of the cost of education and they have to buy school supplies for their students because people are cheap and won't raise taxes to pay them more. It's more important for people to drop $50 in the lottery than pay $10 extra per month for educating their children.

50 to 75 thousand a year with no master's degree in California. My wife has been teaching here for like 25 years.

Considering the workload they have they should get paid more.

Truth is in California there ain't much more money.

M-Bob

Average High School Teacher Yearly Salary in California. High School Teachers earn an average yearly salary of $74,940. Salaries typically start from $48,930 and go up to $101,660.

• Informative
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
20180304edhan-a.jpg

M-Bob
HOW QUICK THEY FORGET: Last year at this time the Republicans passed a $1 trillion "tax cut" that benefited the wealthiest element of society!

Now Trump supporters like "Mountainmanbob" are chastising those "greedy teachers" for asking for more money - apparently teachers aren't allowed to question as to why the 1% received a $1 trillion financial "windfall" while the American economy was already booming, but the "cupboard is bare" when it comes to them!

Last edited:
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
20180304edhan-a.jpg

HOW QUICK THEY FORGET: Last year at this time the Republicans passed a $1 trillion "tax cut" that benefited the wealthiest element of society!

Now Trump supporters like "Mountainmanbob" are chastising those "greedy teachers" for asking for more money - apparently teachers aren't allowed to question as to why the 1% received a $1 trillion financial "windfall" while the American economy was already booming, but the "cupboard is bare" when it comes to them!

Oh how they bend the truth or don't even get close to it.

What I actually stated was that my wife is a teacher and they deserve more pay.

Problem is there ain't no extra money so as to give them a larger paycheck.

Please try being truthful regarding my post although I take into consideration who I'm dealing with.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
government-shutdown-cartoon-heller1-495x341.jpg

Oh how they bend the truth or don't even get close to it.

What I actually stated was that my wife is a teacher and they deserve more pay.

Problem is there ain't no extra money so as to give them a larger paycheck.

Please try being truthful regarding my post although I take into consideration who I'm dealing with.

M-Bob
`My point is that there is always money available when it comes to providing millionaires and billionaires with "tax cuts" - but we expect our teachers to be content with the excuse that there is nothing left over for them!

The current federal shutdown merely reinforces the fact that America's "power brokers" consider government workers as nothing more than "pawns" that can depended upon to keep the nation's essential services operating - without even being paid!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
`My point is that there is always money available when it comes to providing millionaires and billionaires with "tax cuts" - but we expect teachers to be content with excuses!

The current federal government shutdown merely reinforces the fact America's "power brokers" consider government workers as nothing more expendable "pawns" that can depended upon to keep the nation's essential services operating - without even being paid!

You realize they create most of the jobs right and then invest most of the money right back into the United States.

I have a couple of brothers that own big companies with many many employees which are all very happy to be working there with good benefits. One brother years ago said he could save a lot of money by moving his plants to Mexico but he did not do it cuz he heard Trump was possibly coming into office.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
6165571_15002412420557_rId10.png

You realize they create most of the jobs right and then invest most of the money right back into the United States.

I have a couple of brothers that own big companies with many many employees which are all very happy to be working there with good benefits. One brother years ago said he could save a lot of money by moving his plants to Mexico but he did not do it cuz he heard Trump was possibly coming into office.
Given that your brother wanted to move his company to Mexico, are we to assume that he expected to sell all the products/services produced to the Mexicans?

America's middle class has been the "golden goose" that has provided the "lion's share" of the market for goods and services, an essential segment of society has been under siege since Ronald Reagan took office.

After decades of stagnant wages and eroded buying power, America's middle class will eventually reach a "tipping point" whereby there will no longer be a "golden goose" to buy your brother's products!

Paying teachers the wages they deserve is not only the right thing to do, it is also in everyone's best interests that America regenerate its economic engine - a thriving and robust "middle class!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We've heard of the "greatest trick that the devil ever pulled".

I think the greatest trick Republicans pulled is convincing some Americans that people like teachers are """leaches""" and """greedy""" and that more tax money should be lavished on billionaires - all while convincing them that it's the Democrats who are "wrecking" the middle class and don't care about them.

In fairness, it's a rhetorical trick that the wealthy have used for a long, long time: divide the working class by convincing them that the poor are a drain on the economy, all while the wealthy 1% smash and loot the economy.

If there is an upside to having Donny Trump as (sort of) president, it's that this lie is being exposed for what it is.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think the greatest trick Republicans pulled is convincing some Americans that people like teachers are """leaches""" and """greedy""" and that more tax money should be lavished on billionaires -

all while convincing them that it's the Democrats who are "wrecking" the middle class and don't care about them.

In fairness, it's a rhetorical trick that the wealthy have used for a long, long time: divide the working class by convincing them that the poor are a drain on the economy, all while the wealthy 1% smash and loot the economy.

If there is an upside to having Donny Trump as (sort of) president, it's that this lie is being exposed for what it is.
Ringo

How ridiculous and I've never met anybody that thinks that. Actually, most everybody I know respect teachers a lot.

Where do they dream these things up at? And then the nerve to mention Republicans in the same paragraph -- how embarrassing.

M-Bob

Most All Families have a teacher or two in them.
Don't you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0