Rich Warren & Joel Osteen preach the Daniel Diet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,527.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You just don't get it, this is a BIG trend that is finally taking place, since Evangelicals by and large have been the tail and not the head when it comes to ministering to the needs of people's physical health along with their spiritual health. Evangelical and Mainline Protestants and Catholics have attempted to disconnect the two for a long, but now in 00's some of the most well know Evangelicals are seeing that the SDAs were right!! Sadly, on the forum, there scores who refuse to admit that the SDAs were right, and continue to deride a Biblical based message.

Not deriding, not at all. If you want to follow a diet based on OT laws, go for it. You may even be able to provide instances of people who have done this and lived for many years.

But it is not commanded in Scripture for Gentiles to do this, and following this diet won't save you. Someone could follow this very strictly, live to be 150 and still not be saved because they have rejected Jesus and what he did for them on the cross.

Abstinence from pork does not save us from our sins and will not give us eternal life or make us right with God. End of.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did you not see that Rich Warren another mega church Pastor in California has seen that SDA were right? He has promoted on Dr. Oz's TV program the Daniel Diet!! Which SDAs have been promoting for over 100 years! Osteen and Warren have "seen the light", why don't you open your eyes, and walk in the light for better health?
You are wise. I wish there were more CF members who see the light, instead of rejecting it, at the cost of their physical and spiritual health.
You are being kinda of arrogant there, aren't ya? ;)

Youngs) Romans 2:17 Lo! thou art named a Jew, and dost rest upon the law, and dost boast in God,
18 and dost know the will, and dost approve the distinctions, being instructed out of the law,
19 and hast confidence that thou thyself art a guide of blind ones, a light of those in darkness,
20 an instructor of foolish ones, a teacher of babes, having the form of the knowledge and of the truth in the law.

Reve 3:Reve 3:17 That thou are saying that rich I am, and I have become rich and not yet one need I am having.
And not are aware that thou art the weight-calloused and forlorn and poor and blind and naked.
18 I am advising thee to buy beside of Me gold, having been fired out of fire, that thou should be being rich, and garments, white, that thou may be being clothed and no may be being made manifest the vileness of the nakedness of thee,
and eye-salve/kollourion <2854> to annoint the eyes of thee, that thou may be seeing
[Luke 16:19-26/John 9:39]

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My point in bringing up Noah, was to show that because there was a distinction of clean and unclean animals during his time, and it was stated that unclean animals were not to be eaten in Leviticus 11, it is reasonable to conclude that unclean animals were not to be eaten during Noah's time as well.

Well, now there appears to be a problem. So, does this mean God changed His mind about things being unclean, stating that they could be eaten, only to command His people not to eat them at a later time, such as in Leviticus 11? Does God change His mind like that?

Or, maybe the translation is flawed, and merely gives that impression. This is certainly something worth taking a closer look at.

but in gen 9, THE LAST WORD, was it if moved, eat it..

3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The question that needs to be addressed here is, What did Paul mean by "meats"?

And if the creatures Paul is referring to as having been created by God "to be received" as food, included unclean things, why did God command His people to refrain from eating them at an earlier time, if they were created to be received as food? (Leviticus 11)

just firgure the obvious, it was what ever meats the jews called unclean.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It's good to see that you acknowledge that this vision was given to Peter to inform him that the Gentiles were not to be looked at as "unclean." Most people tend to think it was given to Peter for the purpose of telling him that it's OK to eat unclean things. Hence, they miss the whole point of the vision.

But I'm not making the connection that God commanded His people not to eat unclean things for symbolical purposes. Keep in mind that even before Leviticus 11 came to be, Noah was commanded to take only two of each unclean beast/animal onto the ark. This suggests that even then it wasn't permissible by God to eat these things. Of course, they were also called "unclean" back then, too (see Gen. 7:2).

I would need more evidence before accepting the idea that God didn't want His people to eat unclean things for symbolical purposes.

excuse me, but u can't separate the two, the food Mosaic laws cause the division.

Peter was eating unclen foods in antioch, read gal 2, then the circumcision got mad, just like in acts 11;3, in that event, they were also mad peter ATE with the gentiles. If he still did not eat unclean food, that would promote the same division, unless you can prove otherwise.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It would do us all well to follow such a diet. That which the Bible deems to be "unclean" is very unhealthy, and should not be consumed.

By the way, I used to eat chicken and turkey until I watched a video on how they manufacture meat. I was so repulsed by this process that I vowed not to eat that stuff again (unless I absolutely had to in order to survive).

The next thing I need to do is get rid of the pizza. Although, that is going to be very difficult. :) As I am getting older, I'm realizing more and more that I need to give up certain foods. Of course, I could always eat cheese in moderation. The problem, however, is that I have great difficulty doing that. :)

For Paul to confront peter about the eating in Gal 2, and how he was drawing back, it had to be mosaic food laws about unclean, because that is why in 2;16, paul went into jusitication, and in 18, the old system was the issue, moses!

So that means prior, peter had to be eating LEVITICALLY unclean food, or the remaining context would not work, the confrontation with peter in gal 2, would not work, or be contextual, if it were not mosaic food laws.:)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This thread makes me want to go to Five Guys Burger and Fries and order not one, but two double cheeseburgers.
Most every thread on GT makes me want to do that :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This thread makes me want to go to Five Guys Burger and Fries and order not one, but two double cheeseburgers.

Go for it but just make sure you have 911 already punched into you phone.;)^_^

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are wise. I wish there were more CF members who see the light, instead of rejecting it, at the cost of their physical and spiritual health.

Spiritual health through food? ^_^^_^^_^

BTW- I see the light every time I open my refrigerator door.;):thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TruthWave7

Feb 23, 2011
USA
✟1,519.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Spiritual health through food? ^_^^_^^_^

BTW- I see the light every time I open my refrigerator door.;):thumbsup:

The Baptists of all faiths should be embracing the Daniel Diet that Osteen and Warren have preached, especially in the Southern states as the obesity is epidemic in the South. There are literally millions of Southern Baptists who are very poor examples of a Christian. Can you visualize a morbidly obese Jesus gorging on fried pork chops and fried shrimp at local all you can eat buffet?

Upvote 0

TruthWave7

Feb 23, 2011
USA
✟1,519.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am a member of the New Covenant and not the Old Covenant. If you remember, Peter had a dream where God showed him that there were no unclean foods anymore.

For Jesus to have made the unclean meats clean in the NC, he would have had to have given an example in his teaching and would have eaten pork while he was with his disciples. But Jesus did not do such a thing, and was never accused of doing away with the dietary laws. He was accused of eating with ceremonially unwashed hands, but that was a made man law of the Pharisees, that was created by them, not written in the Bible.

The examples of Baptism, changing the Passover to the Last Supper, are examples of NC changes that were done before Jesus died on the cross, if the changes were made after they were those changes done by man, and could not be included, because the death of the Testator seals the Covenant with Blood. Note, the text below:

Hebrew 9:16-18

16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives. 18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TruthWave7

Feb 23, 2011
USA
✟1,519.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are being kinda of arrogant there, aren't ya? ;)

Youngs) Romans 2:17 Lo! thou art named a Jew, and dost rest upon the law, and dost boast in God,
18 and dost know the will, and dost approve the distinctions, being instructed out of the law,
19 and hast confidence that thou thyself art a guide of blind ones, a light of those in darkness,
20 an instructor of foolish ones, a teacher of babes, having the form of the knowledge and of the truth in the law.

Reve 3:Reve 3:17 That thou are saying that rich I am, and I have become rich and not yet one need I am having.
And not are aware that thou art the weight-calloused and forlorn and poor and blind and naked.
18 I am advising thee to buy beside of Me gold, having been fired out of fire, that thou should be being rich, and garments, white, that thou may be being clothed and no may be being made manifest the vileness of the nakedness of thee,
and eye-salve/kollourion <2854> to annoint the eyes of thee, that thou may be seeing
[Luke 16:19-26/John 9:39]

The Daniel Diet is so easy to understand, and it works. The blindness among Evangelicals is shocking, even the non-Christian world see the sense in the Daniel Diet, and yet Evangelical Pastor keep their congregation in the dark regarding the blessings that come from obedience to God's laws.

Upvote 0

James 75

Nov 25, 2011
✟393.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few years ago mega church Pastor Joel Osteen preached his blockbuster sermon in Houston, TX regarding what the Bible says about unclean meats, breaking ranks with 99% of the Evangelical, Catholic, and Protestant churches of North America, by basically saying in his sermon that the Old Covenant dietary laws are still valid in the New Covenant.
Wow! You mean after all these years he got something right?
Well I guess that makes him a better man than most, at least he admitted he had been wrong all those years and changed. Good for him.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

For Jesus to have made the unclean meats clean in the NC, he would have had to have given an example in his teaching and would have eaten pork while he was with his disciples. But Jesus did not do such a thing, and was never accused of doing away with the dietary laws. He was accused of eating with ceremonially unwashed hands, but that was a made man law of the Pharisees, that was created by them, not written in the Bible.

The examples of Baptism, changing the Passover to the Last Supper, are examples of NC changes that were done before Jesus died on the cross, if the changes were made after they were those changes done by man, and could not be included, because the death of the Testator seals the Covenant with Blood. Note, the text below:

Hebrew 9:16-18

16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives. 18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
Very entertaining.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.