Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ten richest men double their fortunes in pandemic
while incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall
Ten richest men double their fortunes in pandemic while incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall | Oxfam International

"
The world’s ten richest men more than doubled their fortunes from $700 billion to $1.5 trillion —at a rate of $15,000 per second or $1.3 billion a day— during the first two years of a pandemic that has seen the incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall and over 160 million more people forced into poverty. "
-

We're Living Through the Greatest Transfer of Wealth
From the Middle Class to the Elites in History
We're living through the greatest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the elites in history | Opinion

“this period will be remembered as the ‘Great Consolidation’—the acceleration
of a historic wealth transfer and power concentration out of the hands of the
middle class and into those with political power and connections.”
-

Today we see a cozy relationship between
big government and big business.

The Prophet Amos condemned the greedy elite, saying they
“swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land
to fail” (Amos 8:4-7).

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ten richest men double their fortunes in pandemic
while incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall
Ten richest men double their fortunes in pandemic while incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall | Oxfam International

"
The world’s ten richest men more than doubled their fortunes from $700 billion to $1.5 trillion —at a rate of $15,000 per second or $1.3 billion a day— during the first two years of a pandemic that has seen the incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall and over 160 million more people forced into poverty. "
-

We're Living Through the Greatest Transfer of Wealth
From the Middle Class to the Elites in History
We're living through the greatest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the elites in history | Opinion

“this period will be remembered as the ‘Great Consolidation’—the acceleration
of a historic wealth transfer and power concentration out of the hands of the
middle class and into those with political power and connections.”
-

Today we see a cozy relationship between
big government and big business.

The Prophet Amos condemned the greedy elite, saying they
“swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land
to fail” (Amos 8:4-7).

Does the report say that the billionaires did any of this on purpose?
Or that they took advantage of policies to pump up their wealth?

I looked through the papers and found no accusations of any kind suggesting that they intentionally lifted one finger to increase their wealth.

For example, anyone with stock in Amazon saw their investment double in the last two years. And it doubled with no effort on the investors part.

Having money invested in companies is not really a crime against humanity. The other 99% should do it as well. But be aware, this will raise the stock value for billionaires or anybody already invested.

Last edited:
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there's no reason why many people couldn't save during pandemic with things shut down

1) less driving so less $ spent on gas
(our town looked like a ghost town with little traffic)
2) people were eating out less
3) people weren't going to stores as much
4) people were taking care of their kids instead of sending to daycare since many daycares closed
5) some car insurances even gave partial refunds (ours did)
6) stimulus checks- remember?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The primary reason many struggle financially is poor money management, living above their means, and premiums for convenience.

You could save a lot if you know how to cook. Not preprepared or frozen stuff. But a pot of rice and a bird. Most can’t break a chicken down so they buy the parts which costs more. A loaf of bread will always exceed a bag of flour. A jar of sauce outpaces a few tomatoes.

Household economy is different today. They would never pay for the things we do. They made it themselves. That’s how they survived.

I was looking at a recipe for goat milk soap. It takes 1 3/4 cups to make a batch yielding 9 bars. The retailer sold them for $5 dollars a piece. You could have 81 bars for the cost of materials and a gallon of milk. Purchasing the same would require $405 plus tax.

When you live that way you’ll never get ahead. You’re diverting funds from better investments. When you’re conversant in home keeping you can spot the waste. If you’re doing the same you’ll never see it. Once you remove the superfluous you free up money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Destroying small independent businesses is an essential part of the Great Reset plan. They want people to be at the mercy of an all-encompassing state. As people lose their income and can no longer afford to pay their mortgages, the state will step in, buy their home, and rent it back to them. The eventual goal is worldwide collectivism and communism with a Chinese-style social credit system. As Klaus Schwab said, 'You will own nothing and you will be happy'. At that point resistance will be futile, because if you protest they will remotely cut off your electricity and internet, block your purchases through the use of a Central Bank Digital Currency, block train and bus travel using a modified vax pass, and terminate the rental on all the clothes and household objects that you have use of.

If the Canadian Truckers fail then the future is going to be extremely cold and dark for many people. Even those with a few $million in the bank will not be safe. You'd need to be seriously rich with $hundreds of millions or $billions in investments to be able to weather the storm that is coming.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You don’t need hundreds of millions to make the cut. Nor is wealth calculated along those lines. Being a millionaire on paper is different from having a million in capital that isn’t tied up.

Ultra high and high net worth individuals are segmented financially. They require services beyond the norm. Dialogues are initiated by the institution based on deposit. You don’t have to come to them. They’ll reach out to you.

The tipping point in his statement is ownership. It should bring to mind earlier periods and the class system in place. The common denominator between the aristocrats, upper class, and bourgeoise is ownership. They owned land, businesses, and investments that generated income. The lower classes usually worked for them or served their needs.

The great reset isn’t anti-wealth. They’re the safest. They’re building a utopia and holding the rest to a standard they’ve assigned. That’s why they’re tracking everything.

Competition is an integral principle of elitism. Capitalizing on talent financially is well regarded. It isn’t enough to be smart or skilled. If you can’t turn it into a profit its pointless. Sink or swim is their motto.

C3BC8D16-663D-426F-9CED-2F64BD777B2E.jpeg

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't be the rich man.

I wouldn’t want to be poor.

I wouldn’t want to live in an unsafe neighborhood because I couldn’t afford better. Or rely on lotteries and magnet schools for education because the local one is bad. I wouldn’t want to eat food laden with chemicals because I couldn’t buy the good stuff. Or overspend because I’m unable to save more by buying in bulk.

I wouldn’t want substandard health care or treatment because I lacked the means for insurance or a better plan. Or be subjected to unfair practices because I’m low on the totem pole.

I wouldn’t want my intelligence questioned or capacity scrutinized due to meager expectations. Or lack the resources for enrichment and exposure beyond those walls.

I’d want to hear well done. You can do it. I believe in you. Not the usual diatribe for those in my position. I’d want to be surrounded by people doing things I enjoy or I’m curious about. Not negative influences.

I’d want to treasure my childhood without responsibilities before their time and problems too big for my shoulders.

If I had those things I’d see life differently. I’d dream of possibilities and stretch myself. I wouldn’t succumb to behaviors that worsen my troubles and keep me stuck.

I’d see a brighter tomorrow and know something better awaits. I wouldn’t trade that for anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The primary reason many struggle financially is poor money management, living above their means, and premiums for convenience.

I beat my head into a wall when my daughter does doordash. When my wife and I were out with some friends, my son asked if we could order him Dominos. If we picked up the pizza, it was $10. Delivery ran $27 with tip. We told him we'd pick one up on our way home :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's not like being obscenely rich and desperately poor are the only options.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.

We aren’t born into circumstances by chance or endowed with talents haphazardly. It’s His doing. Some things are easier for others than the rest. You’re good at gardening. Some kill every plant that comes their way. They wouldn’t dream of growing food. But you excel.

The same holds true for wealth. Some are adept at investment or turning ideas into profits. They see holes in the market and pursue them. Some need security. They couldn’t handle the highs and lows or the risks. They don’t have the stomach for it. Or they lack the components to get it off the ground.

Michael Jordan was an exceptional athlete. He does things with a ball the majority can’t and played the game at a higher level. That measure of giftedness isn’t his alone. You find it everywhere.

To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability

God doesn’t bestow identical measures or circumstances. There’s usually a correlation. Undetectable elements we don’t recognize at first glance.

My daughter began writing lyrics at 12. Her father was a musician and I sing. She started investing in crypto two years ago. I worked in finance and he’s with a crypto firm. He was a competitive athlete and so was she. She’s an entrepreneur and so I am. It isn’t a coincidence.

When you unpack your purpose you confront the elements that enable its pursuit. You understand how people and experiences played a part in your makeup and divine destiny.

Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable.

Everything has its place. If wealth is His will it will flow. Life will align to make it so. The scope is His to set. We’ll never exceed it.

I don’t determine what’s enough or too much. It’s out of my hands. He’s fueling the flight and I accept it. I’m not at odds. Making peace with your place in the world (kingdom) is a must. When you do you see the rest in its rightful guise.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I beat my head into a wall when my daughter does doordash. When my wife and I were out with some friends, my son asked if we could order him Dominos. If we picked up the pizza, it was $10. Delivery ran $27 with tip. We told him we'd pick one up on our way home :)

It’s useful when you’re sick or unable to go out. But I wouldn’t make it a habit.

Upvote 0