Rex Tillerson on Trump: ‘Undisciplined, doesn’t like to read' and tries to do illegal things

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Tillerson said Trump is “pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read” and repeatedly attempted to do illegal things. He didn’t call Trump a “moron,” but he didn’t exactly suggest that Trump was a scholar — or even just a steady leader.

“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’

I don't know how Tillerson could have not realized Trump was undisciplined before taking the job.

Perhaps the most damning quote came when Tillerson talked about how Trump as president regularly attempted to do things that violated the law.

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

Tillerson also appeared to take a shot at Trump’s chief method of communication, Twitter.

“I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues — that they are satisfied with 128 characters,” Tillerson said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ies-do-illegal-things/?utm_term=.93bf61c8a018

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how Tillerson could have not realized Trump was undisciplined before taking the job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ies-do-illegal-things/?utm_term=.93bf61c8a018

It's pretty tough getting many of the senior officials to understand the issues.

That's why an Army colonel said some time ago, "PowerPoint makes us stupid."

Bullet points are for organizing and emphasizing what the audience ought to already know.

Many times, a policymaker really needs to sit down and read that multi-page analysis to understand the issues.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's pretty tough getting many of the senior officials to understand the issues.

That's why an Army colonel said some time ago, "PowerPoint makes us stupid."

Bullet points are for organizing and emphasizing what the audience ought to already know.

Many times, a policymaker really needs to sit down and read that multi-page analysis to understand the issues.
Personally I think Trump is too lazy to put out the energy it takes to analyze details and make a plan with knowledgeable people. He's one of those people who can look like a busy bee while accomplishing nothing. Most of us have worked with someone like this. It's very frustrating, especially when they claim others' work as their own.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally I think Trump is too lazy to put out the energy it takes to analyze details and make a plan with knowledgeable people. He's one of those people who can look like a busy bee while accomplishing nothing. Most of us have worked with someone like this. It's very frustrating, especially when they claim others' work as their own.
Many people are say Trump has extremely poor eyesight and is too vain for corrective lenses.

But lazy fits.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That is so true and something to remember when making a presentation.

Fr some reason I grew to like Rex. Maybe because he seemed like someone trying to do the right thing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is so true and something to remember when making a presentation.

Fr some reason I grew to like Rex. Maybe because he seemed like someone trying to do the right thing.
Tillerson was a poor choice but he was serious and conscientious. He did not see himself as just a numbers runner for a mob.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

That may be true, but by all accounts, he seems to have done a terrible job running the State Dept. I don't know why Person A would offer such an important job to someone they'd never met, and I don't know why Person B would ever accept it.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This--> “I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues — that they are satisfied with 128 characters,” Tillerson said.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This--> “I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues — that they are satisfied with 128 characters,” Tillerson said.
I would revise that a bit: "It troubles me that Trump supporters seem to want to know so little about issues".
Of course, he clearly sees (and complains about) how Trump ALSO wants to know so little about issues.

So really, we can now understand why is supporters voted for him: Don't know how; don't know why...tax break tax break tax break! MAGA MAGA MAGA.
Details shme-tails.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's...it's almost like his critics have been right all along.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump strikes back:

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as {heck}. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!​

Umm, didn't Trump brag about hiring the best people? Why would he hire someone that's dumb as a rock and lazy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That may be true, but by all accounts, he seems to have done a terrible job running the State Dept. I don't know why Person A would offer such an important job to someone they'd never met, and I don't know why Person B would ever accept it.
Both Condi Rice and Robert Gates recommended him.

Fix it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump strikes back:

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as {heck}. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!​

Umm, didn't Trump brag about hiring the best people? Why would he hire someone that's dumb as a rock and lazy?
Yick, Trump sure is into making lots of enemies, powerful enemies, that could do his business harm down the road.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Both Candi Rice and Robert Gates recommended him.

That's a reason to put him in the candidate pool - maybe even on the short list. It's not a reason to offer him the job outright.

If he was really as dumb and lazy as Trump says he was, then Trump apparently didn't do a good job of vetting him.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's a reason to put him in the candidate pool - maybe even on the short list. It's not a reason to offer him the job outright.

If he was really as dumb and lazy as Trump says he was, then Trump apparently didn't do a good job of vetting him.
Trump said that because it was reported the Tillerson said that Trump was a moron. Trump can't act like and adult and restrain himself.
How long do you think he could last here at CF before he was banned?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yick, Trump sure is into making lots of enemies, powerful enemies, that could do his business harm down the road.

Not if he hamstrings all branches of government sufficiently, which is really his intention.

Watch carefully--he's systematically dismantling all functions that could hamper his business shenanigans down the road.

Upvote 0