Rewards in heaven

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've been looking for a sermon on YouTube that explains exactly what kind of rewards we can earn in heaven. But, I've been unable to find one. Just what kind of rewards can we earn in heaven? I've heard that part of what we get are crowns. Are crowns all that we get? If no what other rewards to we get? And do we get all of our rewards when we are judged at the bema seat? I'm really curious.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been looking for a sermon on YouTube that explains exactly what kind of rewards we can earn in heaven. But, I've been unable to find one. Just what kind of rewards can we earn in heaven? I've heard that part of what we get are crowns. Are crowns all that we get? If no what other rewards to we get? And do we get all of our rewards when we are judged at the bema seat? I'm really curious.

I know we earn Eternal life and new healed bodies.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know we earn Eternal life and new healed bodies.

Right those are the obvious and best rewards. We also will be with God finally and will be able to talk to him in person. But what other rewards are there? I know Jesus talked a lot about rewards in Heaven But, he never really said what kind of rewards we can earn.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aimz
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Possessions.

"“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." ~ Matthew 6:19-21

A house.

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." ~John 14:2

A glorified body that will never die, grow old, or get sick/injured.

"But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed. For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies." ~1 Corinthians 15:51-53

"So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." ~1 Corinthians 15:42-44

Status in Heaven.

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
~Matthew 23:12

"All the trees of the field will know that I the LORD bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall. I dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish. I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it." ~Ezekiel 17:24

"this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Take off the turban, remove the crown. It will not be as it was: The lowly will be exalted and the exalted will be brought low." ~ Ezekiel 21:26

A memorial and a name better than sons and daughters for those who never marry.

"Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off." ~Isaiah 56:3-5

Thank you for the post. That answers a lot of questions. What kinds of possessions do we get? Do we get gold and silver and precious metals like that? I know we get crowns. What kind of crowns do we get?

Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit is on fire tonight!
I made a similar thread with a list of heavenly rewards earlier not all of them but some!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit is on fire tonight!
I made a similar thrasd with a list of heavenly rewards earlier not all of them but some!

Hi Aimz! How are you? Can you link to that post? I'm interested.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yay! Glad you are doing well too. Yeah, it was basic but it helped me so I posted it for others too and it was worth it! You are welcome.

I'm doing great! I read your topic it was quite interesting. It answered a lot of my questions. Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I do not know exactly what kind of possessions we'll get but I can imagine it'll be something we enjoy now only they will be indestructible and at maximum capacity. Think of having an iPhone that has seemingly unlimited memory and battery, break-proof screen, perfect coding with no crashes or errors, be as fast as lightning, and will never become obsolete.

As for crowns, I kind of see them as awards for specific achievements while on Earth. We'll end up casting them at Jesus's feet as an honor. Some with have more than one, some will have none.

Five Crowns of Salvation • Five Crowns

1) The incorruptible crown:
This is also called the imperishable crown. This crown is given to believers who faithfully run the race, who crucify every selfish desire in the flesh and point men to Jesus. God calls some people to do things that will require some sacrifice in the way they will live and conduct their lives. Some people may be called to be a missionary in a far off and poor country. They will literally be working for almost nothing in earthly terms. They will have to sacrifice the money,possessions and life style they could have had, if they stayed home in their own country. The Bible says, “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.” 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 KJV This verse also implies that these people will also receive this crown for the sacrifices they were willing to make for God to successfully complete the call and mission God had called them to do. Basically run whatever race that God has set out for you and be the best you can be for God. Be willing to make whatever sacrifices there may be to successfully complete the mission that God has set out for you.

2) The Crown of Rejoicing:
To those who faithfully are witnesses to the saving grace of God and leads souls to Jesus. This crown has also been named the soul winner’s crown. It indicates here that God will be giving a crown to those who have witnessed to others and leading people to Christ. Telling others about the grace of God, telling others about Jesus, is the greatest thing that you can do for someone while here on this earth. When you help someone to be led to the Lord, you have just been used as a vessel of God. It says in the Bible, “Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:” 1 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV God will judge you by your willingness and desire to be used by Him to witness to others, not necessarily on how many actually get saved, because we are to water and He gives the increase. Christians can be used by God to try to lead others to the Lord. God can fit opportunities for you in your life to witness and work for Him if you allow Him to. Some could be your unsaved friends, family members or co-workers, etc. The Bible says it good here, “For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?” 1 Thessalonians 2:19 KJV

3) The Crown of Life:
Jesus says that He will give this crown to those who undergo severe hardship, testing, tribulation and/or physical death on His behalf. Probably being willing to die for your faith in God would be the ultimate sacrifice. It is the greatest act of courage and love that you can show God. Christians who have been martyred for their faith throughout history will not only be given this crown of life, but other rewards once they enter into heaven. The Bible says, “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” James 1:12 KJV God the Father will honour each ones trials and tribulations and thus will be rewarding them accordingly. Look at this verse, “Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” Revelation 2:10 KJV

4} The Crown of Righteousness:
To those who love the appearing of Christ, who anxiously wait and look forward to the day when He will return for His saints. This crown is given to those who have lived a good and righteous life for God while living down here on earth. If you are a believer you have been made righteous before God the Father as a result of Jesus dying on the cross for all of our sins. This means that the righteousness of Jesus has now been imputed to you. It also refers to us living a good and righteous life for God the Father with what time we have left down here. There are Christians who are righteous before God the Father as a result of being saved, called Justification, through the blood of Jesus Christ; but they are not living righteous lives in their actions, words and behaviours, called Sanctification. There are some people that may be saved in God’s eyes, but still continue to do evil works that the unsaved would do. We all have our flaws, weaknesses, and certain temptations that we may struggle with. It is not perfection but direction that God is looking for. God just wants each one of us to choose to do the right thing when faced with certain temptations or choices to do something bad. When it is all said and done, these Christians will probably be receiving some of the greatest rewards that God can hand out once they enter into heaven. It says in the Bible, “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:8 KJV To live a righteous life for God will really be worth your while as you will definitely be given this crown by God Himself once you enter into heaven.

5) The Crown of Glory:
This is the pastor’s crown and will be given to the ministers who faithfully feed the flock of God. This probably could also include preachers, teachers, Sunday School teachers, missionaries and all those who teach the Word of God in their respective ministries. This crown may signify the importance and sacrifices of bringing up others into the ways of God. God wants those who are saved to grow and learn as much as they can about Him, His Son and His Holy Spirit and to do that he uses mature believers who are willing to each others. The Bible says, “The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.” 1 Peter 5:1-4 KJV God can use you to teach and shepherd others. God shows you the extreme importance that He is placing on those who teach and preach the word. Being willing to teach and educate others after they are saved is one of the greatest things you can do for them this side of heaven.

Thank you for the informative reply. Wasn't there a crown for believers who endure until the end as well? You would think Jesus would reward his sheep that follow them for their whole lives. Well, the New Jerusalem will be made out of precious metals so I would assume that we will get precious metals as well. It would make sense.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That made me think of the time Jesus talks about the workers who get paid the same amount for a whole day’s work as the others who only worked for just an hour.

I always thought that story was a little unfair. Why should a person who works a whole day get paid the same amount as somebody who only works for an hour? I didn't really get the point Jesus was trying to get across.

Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It does seem weird to us but we do not have God’s wisdom or insight we only have a tiny picture so I am sure it will make sense in time! Maybe it is because God is the ultimate and so there is no bigger reward than Him so whenever you are blessed by being chosen by Him you get the same top prize! Also I think when we get there we will be happy for everyone and not jealous because we will leave that behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0