North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Beyond loving God 1st & you're brother. Heavens new covenant is a system built on merit & reward, not equality or punishment. (1 Cor 3:1-23, Matt 10:42, 19:27-30, L19:11-27, Rev 12:22)

To be clear:
Salvation is by grace through faith. God's grace & our faith/belief/confidence in Jesus work. He did ALL the work. We have no part in salvation outside our faith.

After salvation heavens new covenant system of operation is a meritocracy. It's not a collective payday where we all receive the same reward.

Matt 10:42 Even a drink of water given in his name, receives a reward.

Lk 19:
12 Jesus said; A nobleman went to a distant country to obtain for himself a kingdom, and [then] to return.
(MY NOTE: Jesus went to heaven & He will soon return)

13 So he called ten of his servants, and gave them ten minas [one apiece, each equal to about a hundred days’ wages] and said to them, ‘Do business [with this] until I return.
(MY NOTE: The nobleman/Jesus give's His Spirit (by grace thru faith, not because of works so e can't boast: Eph 2:8-9) to continue His work = Revealing God's grace/plan)

15 When he returned, after receiving the kingdom, he ordered that these servants, to whom he had given the money, be called to him, that he might find out what business they had done.
(MY NOTE: When the nobleman/Jesus returns, every believers works will be judged (judgment seat of Christ: Rom 14:10, 2 Cor 5:10, Phil 1:6, 1 Cor 1:8 = believers only. This isn't the White Throne Judgment: Rev 20:11-13 = Christ rejecting non-believers only will be judged here.)

16 The first one came before him and said, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten more minas.
(MY NOTE: This person rounded up 10 people via His Word/Work)

17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you proved yourself faithful and trustworthy in a very little thing, you shall [now] have authority over ten cities [in my kingdom].
(MY NOTE: 10 people earned authority over ten cities)

18 The second one came and said, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’
(MY NOTE: This person rounded up 5 people via His Word/Work)

19 And he said to him also, ‘And you shall take charge over five cities.’
(MY NOTE: People earned authority over 5 cities)

26 [Jesus explained,] ‘I tell you that to everyone who has [because he valued his gifts from God and has used them wisely], more will be given; but from the one who does not have [because he disregarded his gifts from God], even what he has will be taken away.’
(MY NOTE: The person that worked the hardest received more reward)

Matt 19:
27 Then Peter answered Him, saying, “Look, we have given up everything and followed You [becoming Your disciples and accepting You as Teacher and Lord]; what then will there be for us?”
(MY NOTE: Peter asks Jesus what do I get for my work done for you?)

28 Jesus said to them, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, in the renewal [that is, the Messianic restoration and regeneration of all things] when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you [who have followed Me, becoming My disciples] will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
(MY NOTE: Jesus didn't scold Peter or tell him His grace was enough. Jesus said, you gave Much & your Reward will be Much Greater! You'll sit on a throne & judge on my behalf)

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother [d]or children or farms for My name’s sake will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.
(MY NOTE: Jesus said, I Reward based on merit & my return on investment is exponential to your input).

1 Cor 3:
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
(NOTE: Rewards are given based on work/actions done in Christ's name)

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
(NOTE: Gold & silver = Good works done in Christ's name. Hay, wood & stubble = no works, selfish works, even bad works)

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
(NOTE: Every work, good & bad will be tested/reviewed/judged)

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
(NOTE: Good works done in Christ's name will receive a reward)

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(NOTE: Hay, wood & stubble deeds will burn-up bringing, shame & loss = """OF REWARDS""" not SALVATION)

Rereading verse 15: He "Will SUFFER LOSS", though he "HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED"

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Matt, Lk & 1 Cor posted all teach: After salvation (100% Christ's doing) good work done done in Jesus name receives reward. Negative even Zero work could result in losing a previously given reward. The exception being your salvation. You can never lose that. Christ will never break His promises/covenants.

Last edited:

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I never understood why God rewards us gold for example while whole new Jerusalem has streets of gold it's like rewarding sand to bedabin who lives in desert

There are times in scripture when the word gold is simply referring to the rare metal. Other times the word gold carries symbolic meanings.

The mention in the OP is a symbolic reference. Throughout scripture gold is used as a symbol of purity or refining. Fire often represents the ever watching presence of God & how He refines us.

Scripture associates gold with Kings, Kingdoms, Abraham's Gift to Rebecca, Tabernacle/Temple furniture, Ark of the Covenant, Candlestick etc, High Priest Garments to name a few.

Gen 2:11-12. Is the 1st mention of Gold in scripture & it gets an endorsement of being GOOD.

Gold was a foundational Standard of an economic system. No inflation, deflation & zero chance of monetary collapse.

Silver was used for normal transactions. Gold was worth 20 times silver, & kept more as a store of monetary value.

Matt 21: It's Passover week every male Jew 20 yrs & older was required a pilgrimage to the Temple Mt. Jews from everywhere were in attendance. The money changers were cheating people on fair currency exchanges (Deut 25:13) & Jesus drove them from the Temple. (I digress)

Scripture established weights, measurements & value's of gold & silver.

Leviticus 27:25 Every valuation of yours shall be in accordance with the sanctuary shekel; twenty gerahs shall make a shekel.

Pro 16:11 A just balance and [honest] scales are the Lord’s; All the weights of the bag are His concern [established by His eternal principles].

Pro 11:1 A false balance and dishonest business practices are extremely offensive to the Lord, But an accurate scale is His delight.

Deut 25:13 “You shall not have in your bag inaccurate weights, a heavy and a light [so you can cheat others].

14 You shall not have in your house inaccurate measures, a large and a small.

15 You shall have a perfect (full) and just weight, and a perfect and just measure, so that your days may be long in the land which the Lord your God gives you.

16 For everyone who does such things, everyone who acts unjustly [without personal integrity] is utterly repulsive to the Lord your God.

Context is key in determining how the word gold is applied.

Upvote 0