US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have not seen it. Do you watch your anime on crunchyroll? The only anime I have watched is Rosario + Vampire, kind of old but it is awesome!
Revolutionary Utena is on youtube. They have all the episodes. Its very good! I am on crunchyroll too but I dont use it often.

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Revolutionary Utena is on youtube. They have all the episodes. Its very good! I am on crunchyroll too but I dont use it often.
I watched the first episode and it is pretty good. Just watching this episode has made me hungry to start binge watching anime now lol. Did you get inspiration for your CF name from this anime?

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I've only watched the movie, which condensed the 39 episode anime down to roughly 1-2 hours, so it makes less sense. And I've read the manga, which the anime expands on in terms of a particular arc that was only a brief chapter in the manga.

It's definitely an interesting look at gender roles, not to mention the idea of whether a woman truly needs a man to save her and the nature of relationships. There's strong female love that I believe the author intended to be romantic in nature (since he did a more recent series that features yuri/female romantic love and addressed it in a different way relative to societal norms and isolation) not to mention Gnostic themes people have alleged, though I'm not sure if the author intended that part

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I watched the first episode and it is pretty good. Just watching this episode has made me hungry to start binge watching anime now lol. Did you get inspiration for your CF name from this anime?
I didn't get my inspiration from the anime. My favorite color is blue and my favorite flower is roses. I love the anime though.

Reactions: -Luca
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've only watched the movie, which condensed the 39 episode anime down to roughly 1-2 hours, so it makes less sense. And I've read the manga, which the anime expands on in terms of a particular arc that was only a brief chapter in the manga.

It's definitely an interesting look at gender roles, not to mention the idea of whether a woman truly needs a man to save her and the nature of relationships. There's strong female love that I believe the author intended to be romantic in nature (since he did a more recent series that features yuri/female romantic love and addressed it in a different way relative to societal norms and isolation) not to mention Gnostic themes people have alleged, though I'm not sure if the author intended that part
Great insight you have into the anime. I really love it.

Upvote 0