Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,670.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Recently my GodPapa sent me an email about a new Prayer Book coming from St Ignatius Orthodox Press.

I already have the Anthologion and he [ GodPapa] has other books from them. I have found my Anthologion has been incredibly useful and has got me out of a few problem areas when looking for things so was eager to learn about this little Prayer Book - it seems to have what I needed in a compact size - I honestly don't like using my Phone for regular prayers.

I asked him to get me a copy in Modern English [ there are 2 versions - Traditional and Modern] and it should appear to me later this year [ September ? ] as GodPapa is having several books coming over from the USA then, in one 'bag' as getting things at present from the USA is rather expensive :(

Today he sent me this You Tube Link with a review of the Book - I thought it might prove interesting to those who don't know about it

Last edited:

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Shameless plus for St. Ignatius Press.

I also have the Anthologion from them, and it's very high quality. I highly recommend any of their books if a person is interested in them. Just ordered this one as well. It looks like it'll be a nice addition.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,670.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I feel like that too about the shameless plug. My GodPapa is an ordained Reader [ UGCC] and he has the Apostol , and Gospel published by them as well as the Anthologion. The quality is excellent :)

I'm really looking forward to the Prayer Book arriving - though I'm going to have to wait for some time for it - Custom charges etc etc really do whack up the prices for us :( This is why we do buy Liturgical stuff, when possible, from Ukraine as it comes by Courier :)

The 'bag' in September will also include their Mt Athos Psalter - GodPapa has 3 copies of that on order - his , mine and another friend's

• Winner
Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I hadn't noticed that they offer an Athonite Psalter. That's outstanding.

Also, I really like the fact that this prayer book is an abridged, portable version of the Anthologion. It even has the Prayers of the Hours in it. I'm really looking forward to receiving it as well.

Edit : Also, their book "Mother of the Light" is outstanding as well. I have it, but hadn't realized it was one of theirs. The cover is a soft felt, and overall it's an outstanding little book with prayers, and canons to the Theotokos.

Now to look into that Athonite Psalter.

2nd Edit : Apparently this is supportable on Indiegogo at the moment. I won't link to it as that may not be allowed on CF; I'm not sure. If a person were interested you can find a link to support it on the St. Ignatius Orthodox Press website though. I'm pretty excited for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0