John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
STAFF EDIT: These posts from this thread: http://www.christianforums.com/thre...ured-in-dapl-protest-brought-to-hcmc.7977629/ have been split into a new thread on Reverse Racism.

NEWS ARTICLE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...-against-white-people/?utm_term=.e4fafe0a1d0e

Um, standing up for persecuted and/or powerless minorities seems pretty Christian to me.

<staff edit>No race is being persecuted in America on a large scale. As a matter of fact these days minorities are being given preference for the good jobs. And the ladies...a lot of them like black men. I went to my Doctor the other day, he's black, is he being persecuted? No, he's rich because he went to school.

Sure to a certain extent there are individuals of every race that persecute other races but this will never end. There are blacks that hate whites. The problem is sin. The best way to end racism is by preaching the gospel and telling others about Christ's command to love one another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit>No race is being persecuted in America on a large scale. As a matter of fact these days minorities are being given preference for the good jobs. And the ladies...a lot of them like black men. I went to my Doctor the other day, he's black, is he being persecuted? No, he's rich because he went to school.

Sure to a certain extent there are individuals of every race that persecute other races but this will never end. There are blacks that hate whites. The problem is sin. The best way to end racism is by preaching the gospel and telling others about Christ's command to love one another.
We're not talking about people getting jobs, we're talking about people being killed by the police meant to protect them.

<staff edit>

Ask your doctor's opinion about race relations in your country, and if he feels he's treated the same as white people. <staff edit>

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

You sound like those people that complained about people marching and protesting in the 1950s.

There were black doctors in the 1940s, that did not mean racism and segregation did not exist. :doh:

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're not talking about people getting jobs, we're talking about people being killed by the police meant to protect them.

Mostly they are being killed because they are criminals. There may be a few isolated cases and that is tragic. But what about all the blacks killing blacks and the blacks killing whites? Why do you never hear about that in the media? As Christians we need to shift our focus to the gospel. That is the only answer to man's sinful condition.

<staff edit>

I'm very familiar with the Sermon on the Mount, thank you. That's why I'm emphasizing the church and the gospel as the answer and not groups like BLM.

Ask your doctor's opinion about race relations in your country, and if he feels he's treated the same as white people. <staff edit>

He's doing better than I am so I have no need to ask.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Mostly they are being killed because they are criminals.
And that makes it OK?
There may be a few isolated cases and that is tragic.
How many do there need to be before protesting against it is legitimate in your eyes?
But what about all the blacks killing blacks and the blacks killing whites? Why do you never hear about that in the media?
What about them? I'm in AUSTRALIA and I hear plenty about those cases in the media, so I suspect you're being a bit selective about which news reports you consider. The point of BLM isn't to talk about criminals killing people, because criminals are known to do that, and society already condemns them for it. The point is POLICE killing a DISPROPORTIONATELY LARGE number of black people when lethal force does not seem to have been warranted and having it largely ignored by society.
As Christians we need to shift our focus to the gospel. That is the only answer to man's sinful condition.
Faith without works is dead. Works like visiting people in prison and standing up for the downtrodden.

<staff edit>

He's doing better than I am so I have no need to ask.
You think financial worth is the only metric of social inclusion?

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit>We have Eminem and Dr. Dre. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. Go to McDonalds and see who has all the jobs these days....it's minorities. As a matter of fact these days as a white person it's hard to find a job because the minorities have taken them all. If anything anymore reverse racism is what's going on.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, maybe you aren't understanding. This is 2016 not 1950. We don't need groups like BLM which is an evil organization. We have Eminem and Dr. Dre. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. Go to McDonalds and see who has all the jobs these days....it's minorities. As a matter of fact these days as a white person it's hard to find a job because the minorities have taken them all. If anything anymore reverse racism is what's going on.
This is scary. Although it gives some insight. How long have you been out of work John?

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is scary. Although it gives some insight. How long have you been out of work John?

10 years.

I used to be a manager for a grocery chain. But it took me a long time to advance there because the jobs were being given to women and minorities even though they had less experience and didn't work as hard.

Now I'm on disability because my health is not good. I would still like to work though if I could find a decent job.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
10 years.

I used to be a manager for a grocery chain. But it took me a long time to advance there because the jobs were being given to women and minorities even though they had less experience and didn't work as hard.

Now I'm on disability because my health is not good. I would still like to work though if I could find a decent job.

While I don't know any details of the case, being an outsider, your interpretation of what happened might be true. There is discrimination both ways. There is a possibility that your superiors were biased against your sex or race. Again, I don't take sides as I don't know enough, but it's possible.

I think it's important to recognize that racism and sexism go both ways. I believe that in the big picture, it's more often whites being favored though, as for example, in the US the unemployment of blacks is twice higher than it is for whites. That is, based on a fast googling, if I'm wrong, go ahead and correct me.

But I don't think denying the existence of one form of racism (against blacks) is not a way to fight another form (against whites) of racism. They both need to be called out whenever they surface.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit>

There actually are a lot of outside forces to blame for things that go wrong.

<staff edit>

The worst atrocity of all is that the rich (and many others) are suppressing the rest of society instead of lifting them to wealth, health, and happiness.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums