Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
REVELATION AND EZEKIEL COMPARED
Revelation & Leviticus
The language of the book of Revelation is biblical imagery and its message is referring to the fulfillment of the Old Testament Scriptures from which its language originates, especially the four sevenfold judgments previously mentioned in Leviticus 26. Keep in mind that the amount of each judgment is recorded in the corresponding scriptures of Revelation. The following chart compares Revelation with Leviticus 26:

7 Seals A One-Quarter Judgment​
...if they don't repent, God will send 7 stronger judgments.
Revelation 5 &6 Leviticus 26:18​
7 Trumpets A One-Third Judgment​
Revelation 8 &9 Leviticus 26:21​
7 Thunders Not Revealed (possibly a one-half judgment)​
...if they don't repent, God will totally destroy them.
Revelation 10 Leviticus 26:24​
7 Vials The Final Judgment​
...the total destruction of Jerusalem—Babylon is fallen.
Revelation 16Leviticus 26:28​
Note that the seventh occurrence of each of these judgments in the book of Revelation uses approximately the same language: Voices, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake. Moses experienced similar occurrences on Mount Sinai when he received the Law from God. In both instances God was showing how He would use the Law to judge those who refused His grace.
Revelation & Ezekiel
The books of Revelation and Ezekiel are basically the same books written with the same biblical imagery. In most cases they prophesy about the same time period, and they deal with the same events. This comparison is easy to prove by simply reading the book of Revelation along side the book of Ezekiel. This comparison quickly reveals that both these books deal with the same destruction of Jerusalem, and they both end with the same symbolic picture of the establishment of God's New Jerusalem (Church Kingdom) in the earth. We can see from these comparisons that most of the book Ezekiel dealt with events relevant to John's day; however, it does contain some prophecies that were relevant to Ezekiel's day. The following chart compares Revelation with Ezekiel:
The Throne-Vision Revelation4 Ezekiel 1
The Book Revelation5 Ezekiel 2-3
The Four PlaguesRevelation6:1-8 Ezekiel 5
The Slain Under the Altar Revelation 6:9-11 Ezekiel 6
The Wrath of God Revelation 6:12-17 Ezekiel 7
The Seal on the Saint's Foreheads Revelation7 Ezekiel 9
The Coals from the Altar Revelation 8 Ezekiel 10
No More Delay Revelation 10:1-7 Ezekiel 12
The Eating of the Book Revelation 10:8-11 Ezekiel 2
The Measuring of the Temple Revelation 11:1-2 Ezekiel 40-43
Jerusalem and Sodom Revelation 11:8 Ezekiel 16
The Cup of Wrath Revelation14 Ezekiel 23
The Vine of the Land Revelation 14:18-20 Ezekiel 15
The Great Harlot Revelation 17-18 Ezekiel 16, 23
The Lament Over the City Revelation 18 Ezekiel 27
The Scavengers' Feast Revelation 19 Ezekiel 38
The First Resurrection Revelation 20:4-6 Ezekiel 37
The Battle with Gog and Magog Revelation 20:7-9 Ezekiel 38-39
The New Jerusalem Revelation 21 Ezekiel 40-48
The River of Life Revelation 22 Ezekiel 47

~by Virgil Vaduva

Reactions: granpa
B

Bible2

coraline quoted Vaduva in post 1:

While the corrupt aspects of Jerusalem are included in what Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" (Revelation chapters 17-18) represents, it represents much more than just the corrupt aspects of Jerusalem. For Jerusalem just by itself doesn't reign over the kings of the earth (Revelation 17:18). Nor is Jerusalem the only place where people buy merchandise (Revelation 18:11). Nor has Jerusalem just by itself corrupted the entire world (Revelation 18:3). Nor has Jerusalem been continuously supported by the empires of fallen man throughout history (Revelation 17:9-10). Instead, Revelation's symbolic "Babylon" represents all of mankind's corrupt political (Revelation 17:18), economic (Revelation 18:11), and religious (Revelation 18:24) systems throughout the earth (Revelation 18:3), and throughout history (Revelation 17:9-10).

In Revelation 11:8, the great city is Jerusalem, where Jesus was crucified. But in Revelation 21:10, the great city is New Jerusalem, which is now in heaven. And in Revelation 14:8, Revelation 17:18, and Revelation 18:10-21, the great city is the symbolic harlot/city of Babylon. When it's destroyed, it will be found no more at all (Revelation 18:21), forever (Revelation 19:3), unlike Jerusalem, which was found again after its only-temporary destruction in 70 AD.

The 10 kings of the Antichrist's empire will destroy with fire what Revelation's "Babylon" represents (Revelation 17:16-17) when they destroy the cities of theearth (Revelation 16:19), probably with nukes (and probably with Fission-Fusion-Fission, "FFF", or "666", nukes, "F" representing the number six in English gematria), at the time of the 7th vial (Revelation 16:17,19), which will be the final event (Revelation 16:17) of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, right before Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:2 to 20:6, Matthew 24:29-31). They could do this under the direction of Lucifer/Satan (Isaiah 14:17,12), who could want to leave only a literal "scorched earth" for Jesus to return to.

Near the very end of the future tribulation, Lucifer (employing the ancient lies of Gnosticism) could say to the Antichrist and his 10 kings something like: "Our great battle against the evil, tyrant god YHWH is about to begin [Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19], a battle which we will win, and so we will be able to escape YHWH's prison house, this material universe, and return to the wholly-spiritual Pleroma [i.e. Heaven]. So let us now destroy this prison cell, this foul planet, and let us, as it were, burn up all the gewgaws which we have hung upon our cell walls. Let us burn up all our great cities, all our magnificent systems. Let us break all our chains of attachment to this vile physical realm, that we might more freely ascend back to our rightful place in the Pleroma [Isaiah 14:13-14]".

Of course this will be a lie. For at his 2nd coming, Jesus (who is YHWH: John 10:30, Zechariah 14:3-4) will completely defeat the world's armies, arrayed against YHWH (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19-21). And Jesus will have Lucifer bound in the bottomless pit during the subsequent 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-6, Isaiah 14:15). And Jesus will restore ruined parts of the earth and make them like the Garden of Eden (Ezekiel 36:35, Isaiah 51:3). And after the 1,000 years and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15), God will create a new heaven (a new first heaven, a new sky/atmosphere for the earth) and a new earth (a new surface for the earth) (Revelation 21:1). And then God will descend from the 3rd heaven in the literal city of New Jerusalem to live with saved humanity on the new earth (Revelation 21:2-4).

coraline quoted Vaduva in post 1:

This comparison quickly reveals that both these books deal with the same destruction of Jerusalem, and they both end with the same symbolic picture of the establishment of God's New Jerusalem (Church Kingdom) in the earth.

Revelation 21:2,9,10 means that the physical structure of the literal city of New Jerusalem is a picture of the church. Something can be literal and at the same time symbolically picture something else, like how in Matthew 21:19 the fig tree was literal and at the same time its being without fruit symbolically pictured unbelieving, Old Covenant Israel being without fruit (Matthew 21:43).

Just as New Jerusalem's literal wall foundations have the names of the 12 apostles on them (Revelation 21:14), so the church's foundation is the apostles (Ephesians 2:20). And just as New Jerusalem's literal pearly gates have the names of Israel's 12 tribes on them (Revelation 21:12,21), so the church consists of Israel's 12 tribes.

For all genetic Jews in the church remain members of whichever tribe of Israel they were born into (Romans 11:1, Acts 4:36). And all genetic Gentiles in the church have been grafted into Israel (Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29), and so have been grafted into its various tribes (cf. Ezekiel 47:21-23). So the entire church is the 12 tribes of Israel (Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10). This is necessary, for all those in the church are saved only by the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 9:15), and the New Covenant is made only with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34, John 4:22b). John 10:16 refers to the "other sheep" of believers who are Gentiles being brought into "this fold" of Israel, which is the same as the "one fold" of the church (1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:4-6, Revelation 21:9,12). A genetic Gentile believer can pray and ask which tribe of Israel he has been grafted into, and he will receive an answer from God, if he asks in faith (cf. Matthew 21:22), without any wavering (cf. James 1:6-7).

Also, all those in the church, no matter whether they're genetic Jews (Acts 22:3) or genetic Gentiles (Romans 16:4b), have become spiritually-circumcised Jews if they have undergone the spiritual circumcision of water-immersion (burial) baptism into Jesus (Romans 2:29, Philippians 3:3, Colossians 2:11-13).

--

New Jerusalem is a literal city 1,500 miles cubed (Revelation 21:16), with literal pearly gates and literal streets of gold (Revelation 21:21). It's God the Father's house in the 3rd heaven (Revelation 21:2-3, cf. 2 Corinthians 12:2b,4, Revelation 2:7b, Revelation 22:2,14), in which house Jesus left to prepare a place for the church (John 14:2). All those in the church, both Jews and Gentiles, have figuratively come to New Jerusalem by coming under the New Covenant (Hebrews 12:22-24, Galatians 4:24-26), which is made only with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34), and which only the church comes under by believing in Jesus' New Covenant death on the Cross for our sins (Matthew 26:28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 9:15), the very heart of the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

The church looks for Jesus' return from heaven (Philippians 3:20) and the setting up of his physical kingdom on the earth with the bodily resurrected church for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). New Jerusalem won't descend from the 3rd heaven to the earth until after a new earth (a new surface of the earth) has been created (Revelation 21:1-4), sometime after the 1,000 years and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15). The church will physically live and reign in New Jerusalem with God the Father and Jesus on the new earth (Revelation 21:1 to 22:5). The Father and Jesus themselves will be the only temple in New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:22).

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
REVELATION AND EZEKIEL COMPARED
Revelation & Leviticus
The language of the book of Revelation is biblical imagery and its message is referring to the fulfillment of the Old Testament Scriptures from which its language originates, especially the four sevenfold judgments previously mentioned in Leviticus 26. Keep in mind that the amount of each judgment is recorded in the corresponding scriptures of Revelation. The following chart compares Revelation with Leviticus 26:

7 Seals A One-Quarter Judgment​
Revelation 5 &6 Leviticus 26:18​
7 Trumpets A One-Third Judgment​
Revelation 8 &9 Leviticus 26:21​
7 Thunders Not Revealed (possibly a one-half judgment)​
...if they don't repent, God will totally destroy them.
Revelation 10 Leviticus 26:24​
7 Vials The Final Judgment​
Revelation 16Leviticus 26:28​
Note that the seventh occurrence of each of these judgments in the book of Revelation uses approximately the same language: Voices, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake. Moses experienced similar occurrences on Mount Sinai when he received the Law from God. In both instances God was showing how He would use the Law to judge those who refused His grace.
Revelation & Ezekiel
The books of Revelation and Ezekiel are basically the same books written with the same biblical imagery. In most cases they prophesy about the same time period, and they deal with the same events. This comparison is easy to prove by simply reading the book of Revelation along side the book of Ezekiel. This comparison quickly reveals that both these books deal with the same destruction of Jerusalem, and they both end with the same symbolic picture of the establishment of God's New Jerusalem (Church Kingdom) in the earth. We can see from these comparisons that most of the book Ezekiel dealt with events relevant to John's day; however, it does contain some prophecies that were relevant to Ezekiel's day. The following chart compares Revelation with Ezekiel:
The Throne-Vision Revelation4 Ezekiel 1
The Book Revelation5 Ezekiel 2-3
The Four PlaguesRevelation6:1-8 Ezekiel 5
The Slain Under the Altar Revelation 6:9-11 Ezekiel 6
The Wrath of God Revelation 6:12-17 Ezekiel 7
The Seal on the Saint's Foreheads Revelation7 Ezekiel 9
The Coals from the Altar Revelation 8 Ezekiel 10
No More Delay Revelation 10:1-7 Ezekiel 12
The Eating of the Book Revelation 10:8-11 Ezekiel 2
The Measuring of the Temple Revelation 11:1-2 Ezekiel 40-43
Jerusalem and Sodom Revelation 11:8 Ezekiel 16
The Cup of Wrath Revelation14 Ezekiel 23
The Vine of the Land Revelation 14:18-20 Ezekiel 15
The Great Harlot Revelation 17-18 Ezekiel 16, 23
The Lament Over the City Revelation 18 Ezekiel 27
The Scavengers' Feast Revelation 19 Ezekiel 38
The First Resurrection Revelation 20:4-6 Ezekiel 37
The Battle with Gog and Magog Revelation 20:7-9 Ezekiel 38-39
The New Jerusalem Revelation 21 Ezekiel 40-48
The River of Life Revelation 22 Ezekiel 47

~by Virgil Vaduva

BUMP :cool:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What we have to do is not adhere to "theologies" of others as if they have all the right answers.

I listen to various teachers who are point on in the "fundamentals of the faith", however when it comes to their eschatology I disagree with them at different points.

In this case what forgotten is the things the Lord said to Israel under the Old Covenant about their departure from the covenant! Who can deny ho many times God strived with Israel trying to bring them back?

We cannot forget those things...and it was in Leviticus 26:14-46 that God laid it out what Israel's disobedience would lead too.

Well, Israel finally had to suffer these things...Revelation!

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been reading Fruchtenbaum's Footsteps of Messiah. Some parts of which are really good. One interesting thing is how he parses out all the different countries and their punishments in the Bible.

The only 2 countries that are an eternal desolation are Babylon and Edom, which are filled with "goats"/ "goat demons" and other unclean animals. (Egypt is desolate for only 40 years.) Clearly, Babylon and Edom correlate to Death and Hades, - Death which is the 7th head ruling a 7 headed "dragon", and Hades which is the 8th head that co-rules with the beast as the false prophet in charge of 666. The false prophet has 2 horns, which corresponds to this passage from Ezek 35

6 Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord God, I will prepare thee unto blood, and blood shall pursue thee: sith thou hast not hated blood, even blood shall pursue thee.
7 Thus will I make mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it him that passeth out and him that returneth.
8 And I will fill his mountains with his slain men: in thy hills, and in thy valleys, and in all thy rivers, shall they fall that are slain with the sword.
9 I will make thee perpetual desolations, and thy cities shall not return: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
10 Because thou hast said, These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess it; whereas the Lord was there:
11 Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord God, I will even do according to thine anger, and according to thine envy which thou hast used out of thy hatred against them; and I will make myself known among them, when I have judged thee.
12 And thou shalt know that I am the Lord, and that I have heard all thy blasphemies which thou hast spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, They are laid desolate, they are given us to consume.
13 Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against me, and have multiplied your words against me: I have heard them.
14 Thus saith the Lord God; When the whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee desolate.
15 As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, even all of it: and they shall know that I am the Lord.
The "2 horns" that the false prophet rules therefore means Israel and Judah. (In modern terms, Israel and the US.) So, Babylon rules the 7 headed dragon, and Edom rules "Israel and Judah"/ Israel and the US. Edom (modern day Southern Jordan) is Esau, who seems to be Arabic - Esau married an Ismaelite (Gen 28:6-9) - which seems to say fairly well that the false prophet will be Arabic/" Islamic".

But something here to consider: the "Islamic" false prophet is saying to worship the 1st beast - meaning he is creating/ promoting a religion that is not Islam - the religion of the 7th beast. He is not really a true Muslim, esp. because he is promoting idol worship.

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've been reading Fruchtenbaum's Footsteps of Messiah. Some parts of which are really good. One interesting thing is how he parses out all the different countries and their punishments in the Bible.

The only 2 countries that are an eternal desolation are Babylon and Edom, which are filled with "goats"/ "goat demons" and other unclean animals. (Egypt is desolate for only 40 years.) Clearly, Babylon and Edom correlate to Death and Hades, - Death which is the 7th head ruling a 7 headed "dragon", and Hades which is the 8th head that co-rules with the beast as the false prophet in charge of 666. The false prophet has 2 horns, which corresponds to this passage from Ezek 35

The "2 horns" that the false prophet rules therefore means Israel and Judah. (In modern terms, Israel and the US.) So, Babylon rules the 7 headed dragon, and Edom rules "Israel and Judah"/ Israel and the US. Edom (modern day Southern Jordan) is Esau, who seems to be Arabic - Esau married an Ismaelite (Gen 28:6-9) - which seems to say fairly well that the false prophet will be Arabic/" Islamic".

But something here to consider: the "Islamic" false prophet is saying to worship the 1st beast - meaning he is creating/ promoting a religion that is not Islam - the religion of the 7th beast. He is not really a true Muslim, esp. because he is promoting idol worship.

Sorry, we are comparing scripture with scripture, not commentary with scripture.

Do you have the gift to "see" the comparisons of Ezekiel and Revelation in my O.P.?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The problem with this analogy is that it's not nor ever has been about countries!

It's always been about God choosing out a people for His name. He entered a covenant with Israel at Sinai. They were to be a light to the world as "God's chosen people" and they broke that covenant.

Jesus comes with a New Covenant...and it is with ANYONE who will receive Him. God's people are on every continent...so it will NEVER be about a country...but about a "PEOPLE OF GOD". This is why Peter said in 12 Peter 2:9, 10:
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

This is the problem with thinking it's about Israel! God's chosen people are ALL who are in Christ whether Jew or Gentile!

As Paul said...at Romans 9:6-8:
6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;
7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants, but: “through Isaac your descendants will be named.”
8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

The promise is THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

Paul also tells us that in Galatians 3:26-29
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

NEVER has...and NEVER will be about countries! IT'S ABOUT SALVATION IN CHRIST...and we KNOW that includes people from "every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues".

So how does it boil down to countries... :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for posting it, Coraline. I am in communication with people who've had dreams, and your parallel reminds me of that. In a dream, we see an echo of a situation, shown symbolically to make the situation seem more understandable. We get a sort of whole-body grasp of intents, sequencing, what parts God supports, and deceptions that were unclear on the surface.

Often IRL we suspect something may happen soon through logic, but don't quite get the gut compulsion to act on a real upcoming event or risk. A prophecy, dream, or nudged reminder can reinforce the original message.

Revelation & Leviticus & Ezekiel... interesting to mull over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums