Revelation Chapter One - The Message, the Church, the Seven Golden Candlesticks, The Seven Churches

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 6:16

I take that mean, that no man, humankind in the flesh can see Him. 1 John 3:2 says that WHEN He appears/returns, we shall be like Him, we will be changed, no longer as humankind, in the flesh, therefore we can see Him. If I remember, at that point John was in the spirit. He had, at least temporarily “shed the flesh” of humanity, so I don’t see that as applicable.
Yes, we will see the Lord when we have our glorified body, however we can never SEE the Godhead, of which the Lord is a part as they are Spirit. (John 4: 24)

Upvote 0

Happygolucky?

Jan 9, 2023
California
✟33,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we will see the Lord when we have our glorified body, however we can never SEE the Godhead, of which the Lord is a part as they are Spirit. (John 4: 24)
Can you give more specific evidence? John 4:24 doesn’t suggest anything to support that.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you give more specific evidence? John 4:24 doesn’t suggest anything to support that.
`God is Spirit...` The Godhead is beyond the creation and we will never SEE them. However, the Lord Jesus in His glorified body will be visible to us, as you said.

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the apology, it’s no problem

So, an angel did not tell John “I am the first and the last…”. Jesus spoke directly to John while John was in the Spirit.

So, In order for John to have receive the Revelation message he had to be put in the Spirit. John was taken to heaven; he could not go from the earthly realm to a spiritual realm on his own. A messenger angel was sent to John and put him In the Spirit so that John could receive the message from heaven, from Christ.

While John was in the Spirit, Jesus spoke to John directly, in Revelation 1:11 KJV, Jesus touched John and spoke to him in Revelation 1:17-20 KJV. Jesus told John to write the things which he had seen.

Here is where I think the issue is regarding the seven angels in Christ right hand relaying Christ’s messenger to the messenger angle that was sent to John. So, Revelation 1:20 KJV, Jesus tells John who the seven stars are and who the seven candlesticks are.

But, in Revelation 2:1-29 KJV, Revelation 3:1-22 KJV, John is being told to write the message from each of the seven angles in Christ’s hand to the seven churches. These seven angels are relaying the message they received from Christ to the angle sent to John.

You are saying this cannot be the case. You said: “I have never once read in scripture where an angel goes through another angel to deliver a divine message to someone. When two angels came to the prophet Daniel (Dan 12), one spoke while the other explained the meaning to Daniel.”

Consider why this took place this way. First the angels in Christ right hand are not messenger angels. They were not sent to John. They were appointed by Christ to be the angles of the seven churches.

It’s like saying the king of a land appoints Regions over a particular city, like a mayor. Any message received from one of cities comes comes from the Region. That’s why the messenger angle sent to John acknowledges each of the seven angel over a church before he tells John to write. The messenger angle sent to John is showing respect to those seven angels over the seven churches who are in heaven, in Christ’s right hand.

The message is in fact from Christ, but relayed by the angels over the churches who are in charge of the churches. Jesus holds the seven stars in His right hand therefore he holds the Church in his right hand. The physical seven churches no longer exist in Asia Minor, but they are reprinted in heaven spiritually by the seven candlesticks with angels over them; the continuing preaching of the gospel after the physical churches ended, is spiritually represented by the seven candlesticks in heaven whose light of the gospel never goes out.

There are many instances in the book of Revelation where Christ was talking to John. Other instances an angel is talking to John in heaven. During one of John’s visions, an angel directed John to eat the little book. These encounters and visions are not the same as Daniel 12.
Good students always approach the scriptures with an open and objective mind. It is always a problem when we get fixated on an interpretation of a text and shoot down the possibility we might be wrong. Some Christians, unfortunately, believe that our Lord is too far removed from his church these days that encounters between him and his saints ended during the Apostolic age. Consequently, they cannot conceive that Jesus is still speaking directly to his saints. Therefore, there must be a go-between angel in the middle.

You have taken a simple and straightforward narrative and turned it into a nebulous theory that loses clarity. Even a professor of Theology would struggle to make sense of your argument. I don't know your level of spiritual growth, whether you have ever seen a vision, etc. Because if you have, you will understand how one can be in one place and their spiritual eye suddenly opened to see a vision in the spirit realm. The scene could be in heaven, elsewhere on earth or even underneath the sea. That was what John experienced.

Jesus himself appeared to John on the Island of Patmos to give him the last piece of the scriptures known as 'Revelations' and told him to publish it. There's no go-between angel in the picture. Pray over it and read more about it, and you will eventually come to the same conclusion.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good students always approach the scriptures with an open and objective mind. It is always a problem when we get fixated on an interpretation of a text and shoot down the possibility we might be wrong. Some Christians, unfortunately, believe that our Lord is too far removed from his church these days that encounters between him and his saints ended during the Apostolic age. Consequently, they cannot conceive that Jesus is still speaking directly to his saints. Therefore, there must be a go-between angel in the middle.

You have taken a simple and straightforward narrative and turned it into a nebulous theory that loses clarity. Even a professor of Theology would struggle to make sense of your argument. I don't know your level of spiritual growth, whether you have ever seen a vision, etc. Because if you have, you will understand how one can be in one place and their spiritual eye suddenly opened to see a vision in the spirit realm. The scene could be in heaven, elsewhere on earth or even underneath the sea. That was what John experienced.

Jesus himself appeared to John on the Island of Patmos to give him the last piece of the scriptures known as 'Revelations' and told him to publish it. There's no go-between angel in the picture. Pray over it and read more about it, and you will eventually come to the same conclusion.
You have accused me of a lot of things you say diminishes my understanding of the scripture.

Because you define all angels as messenger angels, as you pointed out in Daniel 12, you can’t comprehend what is happening in Revelation chapter 2 and 3. But that’s fine. You don’t have to insult me. We just see the scriptures different!

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You have accused me of a lot of things you say diminishes my understanding of the scripture.

Because you define all angels as messenger angels, as you pointed out in Daniel 12, you can’t comprehend what is happening in Revelation chapter 2 and 3. But that’s fine. You don’t have to insult me. We just see the scriptures different!
I didn't insult you, just pointed out that your understanding of the passage does not align with its story. I provided unambiguous citations that portray the narrative...

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't insult you, just pointed out that your understanding of the passage does not align with its story. I provided unambiguous citations that portray the narrative...
Trivalent, I think I’m just as intelligent as you believe you are. You say unambiguous citation. Well what you are saying is you believe the scriptures you cited means a particular thing, and the way you see it no one can question. However, I have provided biblical citations from the scriptures but I won’t say my way of interpreting them is unambiguous. The citations are unambiguous but you and I interpret the same scriptures differently.

I won’t be so proud to insist you believe the way I understand the scriptures.

I think I’m right. You think you are right. So I will say God will clear up any misunderstandings.

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Trivalent, I think I’m just as intelligent as you believe you are. You say unambiguous citation. Well what you are saying is you believe the scriptures you cited means a particular thing, and the way you see it no one can question. However, I have provided biblical citations from the scriptures but I won’t say my way of interpreting them is unambiguous. The citations are unambiguous but you and I interpret the same scriptures differently.

I won’t be so proud to insist you believe the way I understand the scriptures.

I think I’m right. You think you are right. So I will say God will clear up any misunderstandings.
We are all passionately seeking the truth and may unwittingly come too strong sometimes to be considered rude or disrespectful. That was not my intention, and I apologise for questioning your knowledge of scripture.

We should build each other up, anything short of that, is inimical to our calling as servants of Christ.

I agree that there comes a time we must allow the Holy Spirit to clear up our misunderstandings. Apostle Paul said: We know in part...but when that which is perfect shall come, then that which is in part shall be done away 1 Cor 13:9-10.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are all passionately seeking the truth and may unwittingly come too strong sometimes to be considered rude or disrespectful. That was not my intention, and I apologise for questioning your knowledge of scripture.

We should build each other up, anything short of that, is inimical to our calling as servants of Christ.

I agree that there comes a time we must allow the Holy Spirit to clear up our misunderstandings. Apostle Paul said: We know in part...but when that which is perfect shall come, then that which is in part shall be done away 1 Cor 13:9-10.
Thank you! I prayed about this situation, because what you have said is true. We are servants and blessed with the understanding God grants to us. Truly we know in part and are build up in knowledge to perfection by God’s grace. And as you have said, we are given the knowledge we have for the edification of the church! We are to use it to that end in love! I owe you an apology as well!

God bless you and may He smile upon you always!

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! I prayed about this situation, because what you have said is true. We are servants and blessed with the understanding God grants to us. Truly we know in part and are build up in knowledge to perfection by God’s grace. And as you have said, we are given the knowledge we have for the edification of the church! We are to use it to that end in love! I owe you an apology as well!

God bless you and may He smile upon you always!
You don't owe me any apology, at all! I'll look forward to discussing scripture with you on other topics. The fact you didn't come back at me with the spirit of 'an eye for an eye' leaves a lot for me to learn. You are truly spirit filled...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't owe me any apology, at all! I'll look forward to discussing scripture with you on other topics. The fact you didn't come back at me with the spirit of 'an eye for an eye' leaves a lot for me to learn. You are truly spirit filled...
I look forward to future discussions as well!

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will have the same body as Christ, Philippians 3:21, Ephesians 4:4-6. And if we see Him in our glorified bodies we will see the Father. We will be Spirit.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will have the same body as Christ, Philippians 3:21, Ephesians 4:4-6. And if we see Him in our glorified bodies we will see the Father. We will be Spirit.
Actually, our bodies will be of `flesh and bones.`

Jesus said, "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does NOT have flesh and bones as you see I have." (Luke 24: 39)

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, our bodies will be of `flesh and bones.`

Jesus said, "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit does NOT have flesh and bones as you see I have." (Luke 24: 39)
That’s not what the Bible says:

1 Corinthians 15:44 KJV, It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. Read 1 Corinthians 15:44-50 KJV.

Natural body is flesh and bones, spiritual body is the type of body Christ Has. We will be raised like Him into glorious bodies, Philippians 3:21 KJV.

1 Corinthians 15:50 says, “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.”

The resurrected body of Christ was able to walk through walls, he was able to just appear, John 20:26 KJV. Flesh cannot walk through walls.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s not what the Bible says:

1 Corinthians 15:44 KJV, It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. Read 1 Corinthians 15:44-50 KJV.

Natural body is flesh and bones, spiritual body is the type of body Christ Has. We will be raised like Him into glorious bodies, Philippians 3:21 KJV.

1 Corinthians 15:50 says, “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.”

The resurrected body of Christ was able to walk through walls, he was able to just appear, John 20:26 KJV. Flesh cannot walk through walls.
Yes, flesh and BLOOD, but the Lord`s resurrected spiritual body had `flesh and bones, ` NOT blood. The BLOOD was not the life source but the Spirit. This will be our resurrected body also. The `flesh and bones` were NOT mortal or in corruptible but of the Spirit thus we will go through dimensions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The seven Spirits of God is just the Holy Spirit.
Again, the seven Spirits of God mean the intensified Spirit of God to accomplish God's building work of His church.

The salutation is from the Triune God in which the seven Spirits is mentioned inbetween the Father and the Son.

John to the seven churches which are in Asia:
Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is coming [the Father],
and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, [the Holy Spirit]
And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood
[the Son]

This is a salutation from the three-one God with the Spirit mentioned second rather than third.

The number seven often signifies intensification in the Bible.
For example: during the millennium it says the sun's light will be intensified as seven days. (Isaiah 30:26)
Another exanple: Nebuchadnessor heated his fiery furnace seven times hotter because of his fury with the Hebrew young men. (Dan. 3:19)

So some of us say the sevenfold intensified Spirit is paramount in God carrying out His eternal purpose in building man into God and up with one another and building God into man.

The seven Spirits of God is God the Spirit, the second of the Trinity.
It is as the Spirit that God finally reaches man into his inside being.
The Father planned.
The Son accomplished.
But it is as the Spirit that Triune God is finally dispensed into man that God may live in man.

Neither the local churches as seven lampstands nor the New Jerusalem as the final consumate lampstand, can be built
except for the God living in man, and that in an intensified way.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since one must understand how symbols were previosly used in the Bible when reading Revelation, it is the same with
the seven Spirits of God.

Espeically in Zechariah the seven eyes are related to the Spirit of God recovering the damaged, torn down, and ruined temple.
After the Babylonian captivity it seemed that all of God's purpose with His land, His city, and His temple was lost.

But a remnant came back from captivity and though they had difficulty, by the Spirit of God the temple was recovered and reinstated in God's wil though people like Zerubbabel a type of Christ - This is the word of Jehovah to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says Jehovah of hosts.

Because even the prophet is dull and "sleepy" as to the original intention of God, he has to be aroused out of this stupor.

Then the angel who spoke with me returned and roused me as a man is roused from his sleep.
And he said to me, What do you see? And I said, I see that there is a lampstand all of gold, with its bowl on top of it and its seven lamps upon it, with seven pipes for each of the lamps on top of it;
And there are two olive trees beside it, one to the right of the bowl and one to the left.
And I answered and spoke to the angel who spoke with me, saying, What are these, sir?

The angel is surpised that the prophet doesn't know the significance of the lamp with seven pipes emptying out the golden oil.

And the angel who spoke with me answered and said to me, Do you not know what these are? And I said, No, sir.
And he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of Jehovah to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says Jehovah of hosts. Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain, and he will bring forth the topstone with shouts of Grace, grace to it!

The great mountain of obstacles obstructing God from fulfilling His purpose will be overcome.
But it is not by any human power. It is by the intensified work and operation of the all powerful Spirit of God.

Moreover the word of Jehovah came to me, saying,
The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house, and his hands will finish it; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you. For who has despised the day of small things? For these seven rejoice when they see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel; they are the eyes of Jehovah running to and fro on the whole earth. (Zechariah 4:1-10)

These are the things we must consider in reading of the seven Spirits of God in Revelation in relation to the seven churches
and the ultimate building of New Jerusalem. It is by His Spirit - His Spirit dispensed into man operating in an intensified way.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The seven Spirits of God is just the Holy Spirit.
Again, the seven Spirits of God mean the intensified Spirit of God to accomplish God's building work of His church.

The salutation is from the Triune God in which the seven Spirits is mentioned inbetween the Father and the Son.

John to the seven churches which are in Asia:
Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is coming [the Father],
and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, [the Holy Spirit]
And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood
[the Son]

This is a salutation from the three-one God with the Spirit mentioned second rather than third.

The number seven often signifies intensification in the Bible.
For example: during the millennium it says the sun's light will be intensified as seven days. (Isaiah 30:26)
Another exanple: Nebuchadnessor heated his fiery furnace seven times hotter because of his fury with the Hebrew young men. (Dan. 3:19)

So some of us say the sevenfold intensified Spirit is paramount in God carrying out His eternal purpose in building man into God and up with one another and building God into man.

The seven Spirits of God is God the Spirit, the second of the Trinity.
It is as the Spirit that God finally reaches man into his inside being.
The Father planned.
The Son accomplished.
But it is as the Spirit that Triune God is finally dispensed into man that God may live in man.

Neither the local churches as seven lampstands nor the New Jerusalem as the final consumate lampstand, can be built
except for the God living in man, and that in an intensified way.
I don’t see anywhere in Revelation that explains that the seven spirits are the Holy Spirit. There is only one Holy Spirit, not seven.

I see the seven stars in Christ right hand who are the angels over the seven churches as the seven spirits. These angels were appointed over the church.

You never see anywhere in the Bible that says the Holy Spirit is before His throne. The Holy Spirit is God! Jesus is God! The Father is God!

Your explanation about the number seven is based on supposition and not factual. You listed two Old Testament scriptures to explain, but those scriptures are not related to the seven spirits in Revelation. The Bible always point to other related scriptures to give understanding; to where there is no doubt about the meaning.

The way you understand what Revelation is talking about, God mentions seven spirit multiple times. First He identifies them as seven Spirits before His throne. Second He identifies them as seven stars in Christ right Hand. Wouldn’t they still be before His throne if Christ sits on the right hand of the Father. Third the seven stars are identified as the seven angels over the seven churches. Wouldn’t these seven angels over the seven churches be spirits?

This is how you figure out what the Bible is talking about. You can’t completely ignore that God identified three spirits: 1) spirits before his throne, 2) seven stars in Christ hands, 3) seven angels over the seven churches.

The question to be asked is how are these seven angels who are over the church operate. Glad you asked! The seven churches are the seven golden candlesticks shining in the midst of the temple! All Christian’s are the temple of God. The gospel is spread throughout the world and the light of Christ never stops burning, via the seven angels over the seven churches. They are the seven spirits that’s responsible for spreading the gospel, that is keeping the light of Christ burning converting souls.

Think about it. The physical seven churches established in Asia Minor 2000 years ago no longer exist, but the angels over the seven churches still exist and are in Christ right hand. So the converting of souls which started with the physical churches continues through the seven spirits over the seven churches who keep the light of Christ burning - this tells you that the spread of the gospel is purely spiritual done by seven spirits.

The Holy Spirit is given to Christians as the seed of God being put inside every Christian to become sons/daughters of God. Having become children through being given the Holy Spirit, as a down payment of our inheritance to the kingdom, we become heirs to the kingdom. The Holy Spirit works inside each Christian individually to build us up, transform us to the image of God’s son, gives us the fruit of the spirit, give us power to overcome, leads us into all truth, give us discernment, and quickens our mortal bodies.

Romans 8:11, “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.” This Spirit in this verse is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit was not given in this way in the Old Testament.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, flesh and BLOOD, but the Lord`s resurrected spiritual body had `flesh and bones, ` NOT blood. The BLOOD was not the life source but the Spirit. This will be our resurrected body also. The `flesh and bones` were NOT mortal or in corruptible but of the Spirit thus we will go through dimensions.
We don’t know if Christ resurrected body is flesh and bone without blood. All we know is what is says in 1 Corinthians 15:50 that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. So that means flesh also.

50 “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.”

We don’t know what a spiritual body is or how it looks, because we must die to experience resurrection and then be given bodies like Christ.

We don’t know if Christ appeared in a spiritual body that’s not flesh and bone as you say, and decided to leave the marks just for Thomas sake so that Thomas could believe.

We can’t say as a matter of fact we know what kind of body Christ was raised with and we won’t know until we are raised with him. All we know is he was raised a spiritual body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t see anywhere in Revelation that explains that the seven spirits are the Holy Spirit. There is only one Holy Spirit, not seven.
I never said that there are seven Holy Spirits. I said the seven Spirits are the Holy Spirit.
So the statement "there is only one Holy Spirit not seven" doesn't counter anything I wrote.

The seven Spirits are ranked with the Father and the Son in the salutation of Rev. 1:4,5. This should be enough to prove the seven Spirits is the Third of the Triune God. The whole book is the "from" God, the seven Spirits, and Christ. This should tell you that seven Spirits is a "Person."

Since the letter is "from" the seven Spirits (with the Father and the Son) each letter closes with an exhortation to "hear what THE [singular] Spirit says to the churches." (2:7,11,17,29, 3:6,13,22). If "the seven Spirits" meant seven Holy Spirits [seven persons], then it would say to hear what the [plural] "Spirits say to the churches." Since it instead says to hear what THE [singular] Spirit says, we know the seven does not mean seven distinct and seperate persons.

You should seven stands for a full completed cycle in time. There are many sevens in Revelation - seven Spirits, seven lampstands, seven churches, seven seals, seven trumpets, seven bowls. Now seven trumpets or seven churches would mean numerically seven. But with the one Spirit of God the emphasis is on completion of God's operation in time and intensification.

Zechariah was told the seven lamps and pipes of the lampstand conveyed the word of Jehovah "Not by might nor by power, but by My [singular] Spirit says Jehovah of hosts." (Zech 4:6). Here too it is not "but by My [plural] Spirits" but "but by My [singular] Spirit."

It has to be appreciated that Revelation refers back to many truths formerly expressed beforehand in Scripture. It is most difficult to know Revelation well without holding this principle.
I see the seven stars in Christ right hand who are the angels over the seven churches as the seven spirits. These angels were appointed over the church.
I see that these stars are not angelic angels as in Michael or Gabriel. Rather they represent someone in each of the churches who is a channel of overcoming through which God's merssage can be conveyed. Each of the churches has at least someone or more who are shining stars in God's hand, preseved in thier opening to Him. They are reliable to be angels (as in messengers) sent by God to each church. They are reserved and preserved in His hand as sources of light - "stars."

It is crucial to realize that it is ONLY shining which means something Christ here and not POSITION. Now Christ cares not for what position these have but what light they have. In the seven letters there is no mention of church elders, pastors, deacons, as offices. What Christ cares for is whether or not you shine with the light of divine life. Those who have the light are the stars in His hand regardless of their office.

You spoke of heirarchy. But actually heirarchy is not the Lord's interest with the churches but function in life and light. What is in His hand is the living persons who shine with spiritual light. And they are messengers to accurately convey Christ's desire to the churches. I see no purpose in imagining heavenly angelic messengers is meant with the seven stars. Messengers and angels they are. But I would teach these are human saints worthy to be examples to imitate in each church. Not everyone in the churches is in a unhearing or defeated state.
You never see anywhere in the Bible that says the Holy Spirit is before His throne. The Holy Spirit is God! Jesus is God! The Father is God!
It would take some time to verify that. Regardless, the seven lamps before His throne are the operating Spirit of God through which God Almighty carries out His eternal purpose. And before we get to chapter four on the Creator we have already been told that the letter is from the Father, the seven Spirits, and the Son. And we are told seven times to hear what THE [singular] Spirit says. So I have no problem seeing this is the Third of the Trinity in chapter four as well - the Spirit - God is Spirit.

But what is even more significant is that in chapter five the Lamb is introduced. And the seven Spirits before God then become the seven EYES of the Lamb. The Spirit of God is now shown as the eyes of the God-man, the Redeemer, the Lamb Jesus Christ. The EYES of a person is a window into the being of a person. That the seven Spirits are now shows and the eyes of the Redeemer means that the Lord is the Spirit.

Compare:
"And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God." (Rev. 4:5)

"And I saw in the midst of the throne . . . a Lamb standing as having just been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth." (Rev, 5:6) (Compare 2 Chron. 16:9)

This Lamb standing having been just slain is the resurrected God-man, the Lord Jesus as the Redeemer. And the New Testament tells us that He in His pneumatic form is the Spirit.

"And the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17a)
And "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Christ the Redeemer is the Holy Spirit. Or we can say the Holy Spirit is Christ in His pneumatic form.
This is also proved that each letter speaks of what Christ is saying to the messenger yet each letter closes with a call to hear what the Spirit says. Because Christ in His resurrected state IS the Spirit, what He tells the to be written is also what the Spirit says.

You should see that in chapter four we see only God the Creator on the throne. And the eternal Spirit before His throne as the seven lamps who are the seven Spirits of God. Then we progress to see Christ the God-man, just slain on the cross and resurrected and standing. He is being inaguarated in heaven. And the seven Spirits are not His seven EYES. You look into the eyes of a person and you see their very soul. The very being of Christ the resurrected God-man - Redeemer and Lamb of God is the divine life giving Spirit of the Triune God. (1 Cor. 15:45, 2 Cor. 3:17,18)

Compare now Revelation 5:6 with Zechariah 3:9, 4:10.

"a Lamb standing . . . having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent forth into all the earth." (Rev. 5:6)

"For here is the stone that I have set before Joshua - upon one stone are seven eyes, I will engrave its engraving, declares Jehovah of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day." (Zech. 3:9)
"For these seven rejoice when they see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel; they are the eyes of Jehovah running to and fro on the whole earth." (Zech. 4:10)

The seven eyes are the eyes of Jehovah God in Zechariah. And the seven eyes become the eyes of the incarnated God-man, Jesus Christ the Lamb in Revelation 5. This shows God was incarnated as a man, lived on earth, died a redemptive death, and was raised to stand to receive the kingdom of God. Our Lord Jesus is God become a man. And the eternal Spirit is Him now as the resurrected God-man arising from having been just freshly slain.

He is also the corner stone and topstone and foundation stone of God's living temple. Being a man like us Christ is the living stone as the cornerstone, topstone, qand foundation stone of the church and the New Jerusalem. As God-man He is both our Redeemer and out Elder Brother. He was God who became a man to build the habitation of God in spirit, the dwelling place and house of God where the God-man is the cornerstone and the redeemed and regenerated, sanctified, transformed, resurrected and glorified are also living stones in this temple of the church.

The vision to the stone with seven eyes removing the inquity of the land in one day is a prophetic utterance of Christ dying to redeem sinners on one day on Calvary. He is the ultimate stone with seven eyes. And He is the Lamb who was slain for our redemption with seven eyes.

Second Chronicles 16:9 speak of the eyes of God seeking thoughout the earth those cooperative with His plan to glorify Himself.

"For the eyes of Jehovah run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." (ASV)

Additional responses will have to follow. We can see that the Creator has become the Redeemer. The seven Spirits before the throne of the eternal God are then revealed as the eyes of the Lamb of God. And His seven horns have to do with His fighting power. What a Triune God and what a Redeemer and Builder of His eternal living temple of which He is the cornerstone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0