Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Link to the 1st 4 Churches
Revelation chapter 2 - 1st four Churches

............................................SARDIS

Revelation 3
1 And to the Messenger of the Assembly in Sardis write!
Now this is saying the One having the seven Spirits of the GOD.
I am aware of the works of thee, that a name thou are having, that thou are living and thou art dead

2 Be thou becoming watching! and establish the rests which were about to be dying, for not I have found of thee, the works, having been perfected/completed in view of GOD of Me.
3 Be remembering then how thou have gotten and hear and be keeping! and repent! If ever then no thou should be watching, I shall be arriving upon thee as a thief and not no thou shall be knowing which hour I shall be arriving upon thee.
4 But thou are having few names in Sardis which not defile their garments and they shall be walking with me in white, that worthy they are being
5 The on conquering, this one shall be being clothed in white garments and not no I shall be blotting out their name out of scroll of the life. And I shall be avowing their name toward the Father of Me and in view of His Messengers.
6 The one having ear, let him hear! what the spirit is saying to the Assemblies.

Last edited:

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:1
And to the Messenger of the Assembly in Sardis write!
These things saith he who is having the seven Spirits of God, and the seven Stars:

The 7 Spirits of God are mentioned in 3 other verses,
and only in the Sardis church

NKJV)
Revelation 1:4
John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:
Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
Revelation 4:5
And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices.
Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the[fn] seven Spirits of God.
Revelation 5:6
And I looked, and behold,[fn] in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain,
having seven Horns and 7 Seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

The 7 Stars are also mentioned in 3 other verses, all in chapter 1.
Mentioned in the churches in Ephesus and Sardis

Revelation 1:16
He had in His right hand seven Stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.
Revelation 1:20
“The mystery of the seven Stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lamp-stands:
The seven Stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw[fn] are the seven churches.
Revelation 2:1
“To the angel of the church in Ephesus write, ‘These things says He who holds the seven Stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:2
become watching! and strengthen! the remaining things that are about to be dying,

for I have not found thy works having been fulfilled before God.

fulfilled/πεπληρωμένα<4137>

4137. pleroo play-ro'-o from 4134; to make replete, to make full, to fill up, i.e. to fill to the full, to make complete in every particular, to render perfect
Strong's Number G4137 matches the Greek πληρόω (plēroō), which occurs 95 times in 90 verses

Used in 1 other verse in Revelation:

Revelation 6:11
And white robes were given unto every one of them;
and it was said unto them, that they should be resting yet for a little season/time,
until should be fulfilling<4137> also their fellow-servants and their brethren,
those being about to be being killed, as also they were

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:3
Be remembering then! how thou hast received and hear, and be keeping! and repent! if then thou should not be watching,
I shall be arriving upon thee as a thief, and thou shall not be knowing which hour I shall be arriving upon thee.

thief/κλέπτης<2812>

Genesis 1:1 (NKJV)

Used 1 other time in Revelation

Revelation 16:15
Behold! I do come as a thief;
happy [is] he who is watching, and keeping his garments, that he may not be walking naked and they may seeing his indecency,’

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:4
Thou hast a few names even in Sardis who did not defile their garments,
and they shall walk with me in white, because they are worthy.

soiled/deifiled/ἐμόλυναν<3435> reve 14:4 garments/ἱμάτια<2440> reve 16:15

Revelation 14:4
these are they who with women were not defiled/soiled<3435>, for they are virgin; these are they who are following the Lamb whithersoever It may go; these were bought from among men -- a first-fruit to God and to the Lamb --

Revelation 16:15
Behold!I do come as a thief; happy is he who is watching, and keeping his garments<2440>,
'that he may not walk naked, and they may see his unseemliness,'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just a few.
May we all be among that few. Happy birthday btw...........

Reve 3:5
He who is overcoming — this one — shall be arrayed in white garments,
and I will not be blotting out his name from the scroll/book of the life.
And I will avowing his name in front of My Father, and in view of His Messengers.

White garments is also used at the transfiguration of Jesus:

Matthew 17:2

And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun,
and His garments became as white as light.
Mark 9:3
and His garments became radiant and exceedingly white,
as no launderer on earth can whiten them.
Luke 9:29
and it came to pass, in His praying, the appearance of His face became altered, and His garment white — sparkling.

Daniel 7:9 [Revelation 1:14, Matt 17:2, Mar 9:3, Luk 9:29]
“I watched till thrones were put in place,
And the Ancient of Days was seated;
His garment was white as snow,

And the hair of His head was like pure wool.
His throne was a fiery flame,
Its wheels a burning fire;

2 other times in Revelation:

Revelation 4:4
And around the throne [are] twenty four thrones, and upon the thrones I saw the twenty and four elders sitting, clothed in white garments,

and they had upon their heads crowns of gold
Revelation 4:18
I counsel thee to buy from me gold fired by fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white garments that thou mayest be arrayed, and the shame of thy nakedness may not be manifest, and with eye-salve anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:5
..........and I will not be blotting-out his name from the scroll of the life...........................

blotting-out

1813. exaleipho ex-al-i'-fo from 1537 and 218; to smear out, i.e. obliterate (erase tears, figuratively, pardon sin):--blot out, wipe away.
Used in 5 verses of the NT, 1 each in Acts:19 and Colossians 2:14 and 3 times in Revelation.

Colossians 2:14
Blotting-out<1813>
the against us handwriting to the decrees, which was hostile to us, and it has taken away out of the midst, nailing it to the stauros/stake

Revelation 7:17
That the Lamb, the in midst of the throne, shall be shepherding them and shall be leading them upon life springs of water
and God shall be wiping-away<1813> every tear out of their eyes

Revelation 21:4
and God shall be wiping-away<1813> every tear from their eyes,
and the death shall not be any more, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor shall there be any more pain,
because the former things passed away.’

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This concludes the epistle to the church in Sardis

Reve 3:5-6
......And I will professing his name in front of My Father, and in view of His Messengers
He who is having an ear — let him hear what the Spirit saith to the Assemblies

Professing #3670

3670. homologeo hom-ol-og-eh'-o from a compound of the base of 3674 and 3056; to assent, i.e. covenant, acknowledge:--con- (pro-)fess, confession is made, give thanks, promise.

A few verses:

Matthew 10:
32 ‘Every one, therefore, who shall be professing<3670> in Me before the men, I also shall be professing<3670> in him before My Father who is in the heavens;
33 and whoever shall deny me before men, I also will deny him before my Father who is in the heavens.

Romans 10:9
that if thou shall be professing with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and mayest believe in thy heart that God did raise Him out of the dead, thou shall be being saved,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
................................................Philadelphia

Revelation 3:
7 And to the Messenger of the Assembly in Philadelphia write!
Now this is saying the True One, the Holy One, the One having the Key of David and the One opening and no one shall be locking, and locking and no one is opening.
8 I am aware of the works of thee, behold! I have given in view of thee a door having been opened which no one is able to lock. That little power thou art having and thou keep the word of Me and disown the name of Me
9 Behold! I have given out of the snynagogue of the Satan, of the ones saying themselves Judeans to be and not they are, but are falsifying. Behold! I shall be making them that they shall be arriving and they shall be worshiping before the feet of thee and they may be knowing that I love thee.
10 That thou keep the word of the endurance of Me, I also shall be keeping the out of the hour of the trial, of the one being about to be coming upon the whole being homed, to try those dwelling upon the land.
11 I am coming swiftly. Be holding fast! which thou are having, that no one may be taking the crown of thee.
12 The one conquering, I shall be making him a pillare in the Sanctuary of the GOD of Me and outward not no he may be coming out still. And I shall be writing on him the name of the GOD of Me and the name of the City of the GOD of Me, of the New Jerusalem of the one descending out of the heaven from the GOD of Me and the name of Me, the new.
13 The one having ear let him hear! what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:7
7 And to the Messenger of the Assembly in Philadelphia write!
Now this is saying the True One, the Holy One, the One having the Key of David and the One opening and no one shall be locking, and locking and no one is opening.

I am sure most are familiar with this famous verse

Isaiah 22:22
The key of the house of David I will lay on His shoulder;
So He shall open, and no one shall shut; And He shall shut, and no one shall open.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:8
I am aware of the works of thee, behold! I have given in view of thee a door having been opened, which no one is able to lock.
That little power thou art having and thou keep the word of Me and disown the name of Me

A few place in the NT concerning "open door"

Luke 13:25
“When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,'

Colossians 4:3
meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains,

Revelation 4:1

After these things I looked, and behold! a door having been opened in the heaven.
And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:9
9 Behold! I have given out of the snynagogue of the Satan, of the ones saying themselves Judeans to be and not they are, but are falsifying.
Behold! I shall be making them that they shall be arriving and they shall be worshiping before the feet of thee and they may be knowing that I love thee.

The synagogue of Satan mentioned back in Reve 2:9......

Revelation 2:9
“I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich);
and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 3:10
That thou keep the word of the endurance<5281> of Me, I also shall be keeping the out of the hour of the trial/temptation<3986>, of the one being about to be coming upon the whole being homed<3625>, to try/temp<3985> those dwelling upon the land.

3986. peirasmos pi-ras-mos' from 3985; a putting to proof (by experiment (of good), experience (of evil), solicitation, discipline or provocation); by implication, adversity:--temptation, X try.

Mat 6:13
'And mayest Thou not lead us to trial/temptation, but deliver us from the evil, because Thine is the reign, and the power, and the glory -- to the ages. Amen.
Luk 11:4
and forgive us our sins, for also we ourselves forgive every one indebted to us; and mayest Thou not bring us into trial/temptation; but do Thou deliver us from the evil.'

Luk 8:13
“But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of trial/tempting fall away.

1Co 10:13
No temptation hath taken you -- except human; and God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tried/tempted<3985> above what ye are able, but He will make, with the trial/temptation, also the outlet, for your being able to bear it.
Jas 1:12
Happy the man who doth endure trial/temptation, because, becoming approved, he shall receive the crown of the life, which the Lord did promise to those loving Him.
1Pe 4:12
Beloved, think it not strange at the fiery trial among you that is coming to try you, as if a strange thing were happening to you,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
REVE 3:12-13
12 The one conquering, I shall be making him a pillar<4769> in the Sanctuary of the GOD of Me and outward not no he may be coming out still.
And I shall be writing on him the name of the GOD of Me
and the name of the City of the GOD of Me, of the New Jerusalem, of the one descending out of the heaven from the GOD of Me,
and the name of Me, the new.
13 The one having ear let him hear! what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies.

4769. stulos stoo'-los from stuo (to stiffen; properly akin to the base of 2476); a post ("style"), i.e. (figuratively) support:--pillar.

Gal 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go to the heathen, and they to the circumcision.
1Ti 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
Rev 10:1
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Upvote 0