MJ Only Revelation and the Yom Kippur Temple Service

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
This is where I have trouble. I want the reader to know that scripture will define the symbolism used in deciphering prophecy and 'dark sayings'. I want to tell them where to look and for what. I want to show that there are patterns and themes that also define prophetic symbolism and covenant truths. And I want to show how scriptural symbolism starts with the pictographic letter definitions of Ancient Hebrew.

Perhaps there are a few books here...
Symbolism from scratch.. You know the first symbolism I would tell is the letters and the stories they tell, like you have been doing. Then in later chapters move to the stars, sun, moon, etc.. and maybe do it in the order than God has laid out in the beginning.. From there bring it all to a nice close in the prophets and their books like Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel and Isaiah. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

Temptinfates

Mar 5, 2010
Cartersville, Georgia
✟15,738.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Wow, Tal.
A lot of info here..can't read it all right now. I was just wondering about the duties the priests oversaw. Were not many of theses carried out by temple-servants such as cleaning the vessels, preparing incense, and other things. Do you have any info on this? Also, what happened to these people when the 2nd temple was destroyed?
I ask, because in Ezra there were those who could not prove their ancestry that were removed from the priesthood. If a 3rd temple is raised (should be when), will theses people be linked by lineage to work in temple or is it just the priests. Sorry, not trying to derail your most interesting thread.
Temptinfates

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Wow, Tal.
A lot of info here..can't read it all right now. I was just wondering about the duties the priests oversaw. Were not many of theses carried out by temple-servants such as cleaning the vessels, preparing incense, and other things. Do you have any info on this? Also, what happened to these people when the 2nd temple was destroyed?
I ask, because in Ezra there were those who could not prove their ancestry that were removed from the priesthood. If a 3rd temple is raised (should be when), will theses people be linked by lineage to work in temple or is it just the priests. Sorry, not trying to derail your most interesting thread.
Temptinfates
What better people to ask than those involved in making it happen.. The Third Temple

Upvote 0

Temptinfates

Mar 5, 2010
Cartersville, Georgia
✟15,738.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I love that site. TY for link. Been there a few times, but never seen anything about the temmple0servants/porters/singers that are mentioned in scripture. We can ask these guys? Hmm..never thought to ask them with so many knowledgeable people here.
Temptinfates

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really? Great! :clap: Cause this needs to be put in a much more cohesive order. I would welcome the help. Are you any good at editing?? Obviously I have problems with it.

My plan is to ePublish, but I will not take money for any of this. I'm sure you understand. I just want to share.

Hey Yedida! Jump on in. No reason it can't be a collaborative effort. This is probably only a third or so of the material I want to add to this thread. My problem is that I see this stuff as so interconnected, I have such a problem deciding on a linear progression. There are so may circles within circles, it's kind of like an Escher drawing in my mind. He is so Awsome! :bow:

BTW, what did you think of the second part of THIS POST? Need some feedback. I know I didn't flesh it out very much.

I think I'm one study back from that one, not sure, but I do know that I'm not yet there. And I've been busy elsewhere, as well as house-packing.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟129,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, Tal.
Temptinfates
Hi Temptinfates, or is it Temptin' Fates? :D

I actually addressed these people in a cursory way in this post:#45
I should also remark that there were four classes of people that were included in the Temple service. These are not to be confused with the four types of people in scripture that will be covered later. The four classes of people that were included in the Temple service are the Priests, the Levites, the Nethinim (servants to the Levites) and the covenant children of Israel (worshippers and occasionally musicians). And since the Nethinim are unfamiliar to most of the readers I will include the following: (taken from The Temple - Its Ministry and Services (as they were at the time of Christ)by Alfred Edersheim )

In point of fact, while no less than 4,289 priests had returned from Babylon, the number of Levites was under 400 (Ezra 2:40-42; Neh 7:43-45), of whom only 74 were ‘priests’ assistants.’ To this the next immigration, under Ezra, added only 38, and that though the Levites had been specially searched for (Ezra 8:15, 18, 19). According to tradition, Ezra punished them by depriving them of their tithes. The gap in their number was filled up by 220 Nethinim (Ezra 8:20), literally, ‘given ones,’ probably originally strangers and captives, 32 as in all likelihood the Gibeonites had been the first ‘Nethinim’ (Josh 9:21, 23, 27).

Though the Nethinim, like the Levites and priests, were freed from all taxation (Ezra 7:24), and perhaps also from military service (Jos. Anti. iii. 12; iv. 4, 3.), the Rabbinists held them in the lowest repute—beneath a bastard, though above a proselyte—forbade their intermarrying with Israelites, and declared them incapable of proper membership in the congregation.
In the Revelation there are also four classes of people in the heavenly Temple. There is the High Priest that is Y'shua, the Four Beasts representing the original four courses of the Levites, the twenty-four Elders that represent the saints (and include the 144,000) both Jew and Gentile, and the four horsemen that represent the Nethinim (doing the bidding of the Four Beasts – the four division of Levites).

For more information you may wish to peruse:

Nethinim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bible Encyclopedia: Nethinim
NETHINIM - JewishEncyclopedia.com
Nethinim (WebBibleâ„¢ Encyclopedia) - ChristianAnswers.Net

As far as linage, ALL genealogical records were kept in the Temple and they were all destroyed with the Temple; except that of Y'shua ben Yoseph as found in the Gospels, of course. :D

The Jewish people profess to be able to reconstruct the priesthood with the naming convention of Cohen, its variations, modern records and DNA. Should be interesting. I have no idea what they will do about the 'Given Ones'.

I hope this helps...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I'm one study back from that one, not sure, but I do know that I'm not yet there. And I've been busy elsewhere, as well as house-packing.
Take your time. I am. This isn't going to happen overnight. Great news about the new digs! May you be blessed and prosper in them!

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I need to get back to this thread, but can't right now. Just as a place holder, I'd like to add a link to this book to become more familiar with John, who is the subject of priest here and why he was chosen to write the Revelation.

Introduction to the Johannine writings.

It's a Seminary book, written in the 1800's but contains a lot of interesting research and postulation that may be useful for this study.

It is more historical than exegetical so it might be better to find out if the premiss in the OP pans out, I think it has a great chance.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I need to get back to this thread, but can't right now. Just as a place holder, I'd like to add a link to this book to become more familiar with John, who is the subject of priest here and why he was chosen to write the Revelation.

Introduction to the Johannine writings.

It's a Seminary book, written in the 1800's but contains a lot of interesting research and postulation that may be useful for this study.

It is more historical than exegetical so it might be better to find out if the premiss in the OP pans out, I think it has a great chance.
Wow, thanks Lulav! It looks great!

Forgive me for ignoring the thread. Thing got a little crazy for me lately. But I'll get back to posting soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I said earlier, it's an excellent topic for discussion. I've enjoyed reading it.
Thank you brother,

Shalom All,

There have been more studies based on the menorah than I can recall. And I am sure that some of you will have material to contribute. I am simply sharing some of what I have recently observed about the Seven Churches and tie that to the Seven Candlesticks. This is the parallel that the Messiah made:
Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
And it goes without saying that the better translation would be congregations rather than churches...

This portion of the study has the potential to wander way off course, so help me if you can, to stay on track. Thanks in advance for that. It is the intent of this post to connect the symbolic dots between the churches and the Menorah via the priestly service in the Temple in preparation for Yom Kippur; the Day of Atonement.

The study that I did on light and the Hebraic idioms that utilize that expression, all seem to come back to the "fear of the Lord" and a revelation of His glory on some level. Those who walk in the light have it. Those that walk in darkness do not. And this rule of interpretation seems to hold true here too for the Churches (congregations). I think that relating what is said to the congregations in the Revelation is a little misleading though, because all of the praises and rebukes of the Lord apply to individuals within those congregations as well as the Churches as a whole. Further it appears that the names of the Churches indicate situational trials that the believers are undergoing within the congregation, so there is a circumstantial element to examine here too.

In preparation for the morning service, a priest serviced the Menorah. On the Day of Atonement this was usually performed by the High Priest. Two of the lamps (on a rotating basis) would remain lit (for illumination in the Holy Place) while the remaining five would be cleaned, re-wicked (with wicks made from the holy garments of the priests), refilled with fresh oil sanctified to that purpose and finally reignited.

The center lamp (the Shamash or Servant Lamp) was used to relight all of the other lamps and when it had to be reignited, only a burning coal from the Altar of Sacrifice could be used; a coal that YHVH ignited with fire come down from heaven. Five of the seven congregation were rebuked in one manner or another. There is a comparison to be made to the warning about removing the candlestick (the congregation) from Ephesus, and the removing of the candlestick in the preparation of the Menorah. This symbolism connects the first dot between congregations and the Menorah via the priestly service.

Many studies have been done on these congregations. But here, I wanted to try and offer something new. There are many more parallels to draw, but before I get too far ahead of myself I wanted to show you the situational aspect of this portion of this study. I have added emphasis to the names of those Churches that had no rebuke in a simple list that displays the meanings of the name of the congregations. This gets interesting when you see what the name means and the whys and hows of the rebuke. It also adds a little flavor to the relationships I am trying to draw:

MEANING of the Congregational NAME
Ephesus..........Desirable
Smyrna..........Myrrh
Pergamos.......Height; Elevation
Thyatira..........a perfume; Sacrifice of Labor
Sardis.............Prince of Joy
Philadelphia.....Love of a Brother
Laodicea.........Just People; justice of the people

Allow me to jump to the last Congregation, Laodicea first. The Lord describes Himself thus:
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
...then goes on to say this:
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
While each of the congregations that had been rebuked could be characterized by one of these condition, Laodicea seemed to personify them all. Its name means "Just People" or "justice of the people", but the Lord does not consider them so just. When we rely on our own judgment and justice we fall well short of the glory of the Father. Laodicea means "Just People; justice of the people". When we attempt to clothe ourselves in our own righteousness we are naked before the Lord.
Strong's G1131 γυμνός gumnos goom-nos' Of uncertain affinity; nude (absolutely or relatively, literally or figuratively): - naked.
He is the faithful witness that sees all.

But it was these five words I bolded that caught my attention. I will for a time concentrate on the Churches that had been rebuked and return to the other two in a moment. So if Laodicea identified with all of these conditions, I reasoned that I might find the other four in the remaining.

Ephesus means "Desirable" but they had lost their first love and were instead, wretched.
Strong's G5005 ταλαίπωρος talaipōros tal-ah'ee-po-ros From the base of G5007 and a derivative of the base of G3984; enduring trial, that is, miserable: - wretched.
They had borne and labored and done all these "works" to make themselves desirable but lost the first love. They had works without faith. Basically they belonged to a club that did good things. Yeshua wasn't "in it". And He, "that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks" was prepared to remove their candlestick. They were no longer "desirable" and so became wretched.

Pergamos means "Height; Elevation" and look what He, "which hath the sharp sword with two edges", said. It was the place of residence of Satan, the one that would have elevated his throne above the Most High! He rebuked them for, "the doctrine of Balaam," and "the doctrine of the Nicolaitans". The first is a doctrine that undermines the teachings of the Lord through fleshly and secular means and the second falsely elevates men and their traditions. It places them in authority above His children and His Word. But this will in fact, make them miserable.
Strong's G1652 ἐλεεινός eleeinos el-eh-i-nos' From G1656; pitiable: - miserable.
And we know from His word that those who elevate themselves will be brought low. In this case, by the sword that proceeds from His mouth.

Thyatira is the name of a perfume called "Sacrifice of Labor". Here says the , "Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass", "thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication". Many of the ancient MMS, read την γυναικα σου Ιεζαβηλ, Thy Wife Jezebel; which intimates that this woman was the wife of the bishop of the Church. I have some rather controversial views on this so I will leave them be. But the word on my list that corresponds to this Church is poor.
Strong's G4434 πτωχός ptōchos pto-khos' From πτώσσω ptōssō (to crouch; akin to G4422 and the alternate of G4098); a beggar (as cringing), that is, pauper (strictly denoting absolute or public mendicancy, although also used in a qualified or relative sense; whereas G3993 properly means only straitened circumstances in private), literally (often as noun) or figuratively (distressed): - beggar (-ly), poor.
This definition seems more indicative of a lack of sacrifice in this circumstance. Indeed, a willingness to let the status quo continue. Here is what He said:
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.Rev 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
Wow!

Sardis means "Prince of Joy". And indeed it seems that they were celebrating their salvation before they crossed the finish line.
Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Faith without works is... dead. It seems they were so secure in their "salvation" that they forgot His commandments. The next word on the list is blind.
Strong's G5185 τυφλός tuphlos toof-los' From G5187; opaque (as if smoky), that is, (by analogy) blind (physically or mentally): - blind.
He tells them to be watchful. He says, "If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee."

It was the practice of the Chief Priest of the Watch to make irregular rounds in order to catch the priest that fell asleep on the night watches. Next Messiah says,"He that overcometh, the same shall be
1) clothed in white raiment;
2) and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
3) but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

There are a number of things that must occur before someone from a priestly line is declared a priest. It is not enough to be of the right family. The candidate must be free from certain physical, mental, emotional and moral defects. And he must be examined to prove that He knows the Torah and all of the requirements of his position. When all these conditions are met, he is given a priestly garment, his name is written in a scroll of priest kept at the Temple and he is confessed as a priest by the Chief Priest before the Sanhedrin. Then and only then is he given full access to the Temple.

This next verse has an even more interesting link to the priesthood.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
It was the custom of the priest in charge to come around and gently knock at the door of th inner chambers. All the priest were bare footed because they were on holy ground. And the Fall Feasts in the mountains of Jerusalem found the Temple to be cool, especially at night. It was not uncommon for the priests that were not required on the watch to gather in front of the fireplaces in these inner chambers. And some would fall asleep. So the gentle knock at the door was easy to miss unless there was someone paying attention. As a special reward and to honor those that stayed alert over their brethren, the priest in charge would bring some bread to share with those who answered his call. Sound familiar?

And consider this:
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
If a priest was found sleeping at his post in the Temple, there was two punishments that might occur. He might be "beaten with many stripes" or the more shameful, he might awaken to find his clothes on fire! And the only way to stop the burning was to strip naked. Both of these punishments usually happened in the presence of the Captain of the Watch and the other Temple guards. On Yom Kuppur, that would have been the High Priest.

Comments are welcome.

Blessings,

To be continued...

Last edited:
Reactions: etZion
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello again,

There is a shared theme of death and life in both of these Churches, Smyrna and Philadelphia. In Smyrna He talks of being dead and then alive. In Philadelphia He speaks of a door that no man can open or shut. To me this indicates the door between death and life, between the physical and the spiritual. This door that He was able to go through at the end of His earthly ministry as a Prophet, He has now made a way for His children to pass through. That door is the door to the Heavenly Temple.

There is much to comment on here. I think that I could go on for hours and indeed I have. But I am inviting everyone to comment on the symbolism that you see in these instructions to the Churches, and for that matter, the entire relationship between the Day of Atonement morning service and the symbolism found in the first five chapters of the Book of Revelation. A fresh set of eyes are definitely in order.

Blessings,

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think I can adequately express how disappointing it is that this thread has died on the vine for lack of interest. :confused:

For me it's not a lack of interest. But you beat me to the finish on fellowship. I can only think of walk/halacha as a way of being, not just something that is done with the legs. So I've been waiting to see what you're gonna say.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
I don't think I can adequately express how disappointing it is that this thread has died on the vine for lack of interest. :confused:

I just now noticed it. It's a good read, but a few little boo boo's. No big deal. Not sure what to say. I skipped part of the middle. Did I miss anything?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yahudim

Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟129,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just now noticed it. It's a good read, but a few little boo boo's. No big deal. Not sure what to say. I skipped part of the middle. Did I miss anything?
Well so far, the end is just shy of the middle, so yeah. We haven't even gotten past the message to the congregations yet. :D

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Hello again,

There is a shared theme of death and life in both of these Churches, Smyrna and Philadelphia. In Smyrna He talks of being dead and then alive. In Philadelphia He speaks of a door that no man can open or shut. To me this indicates the door between death and life, between the physical and the spiritual. This door that He was able to go through at the end of His earthly ministry as a Prophet, He has now made a way for His children to pass through. That door is the door to the Heavenly Temple.

There is much to comment on here. I think that I could go on for hours and indeed I have. But I am inviting everyone to comment on the symbolism that you see in these instructions to the Churches, and for that matter, the entire relationship between the Day of Atonement morning service and the symbolism found in the first five chapters of the Book of Revelation. A fresh set of eyes are definitely in order.

Blessings,

I agree with your interpretation about the door. How about you give the interpretations to the passages like the prophets of God did in the old days. If you say anything to disagree with, then that would be something to discuss. :wave:

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
I just got back on board, so now I can comment. I have enjoyed what you have brought to the table and have found many tasty tidbits put together in the most delightful way. It has been a delicious meal of spiritual food for me, and I must say that I will have to loosen the belt to take it all in. ..lol... I will need to get the recipe from you... as I will want to share it with others.. if that is alright with you.

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Things of Yom Kippur that I find in Revelation...

Let's start with the two witnesses necessary to bring in Rosh Hashannah. The two witnesses who announce the start of the feast of trumpets are also the two servants of God who will reveal the mystery of God that will be accomplished starting at Jerusalem and going around the world. It will also end in Jerusalem. I do not want this thread to turn into who are the two witnesses though... so I will say no more.

The "Days of Awe".. If you count only the days from the close of Rosh Hashanah (a two-day feast) until the beginning of Yom Kippur, they total seven. This is called the "Time of Jacob’s Trouble," and the "Days of Awe," and will be a time such has never been seen on the earth. Remember, the shofar is blown everyday during this time known as Teshuvah.
There are several reasons to blow the shofar. Feast of Trumpets marks the beginning of a ten day countdown to the Day of Atonement. Because the Day of Atonement is judgment day, the trumpet is sounded as a reminder that judgment is very near and the time for repentance is short.

In Temple times, the priesthood sounded three trumpet blasts every morning to announce the opening of the Temple gates. So too, it is believed, that the first trumpet blasts of the Feast of Trumpets announce the opening of the gates of Heaven. This is traditional Feast of Trumpets image is fully employed in Revelation 4:1. After this I looked, and, behold a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter.

Trumpets were also used for Coronation Ceremonies. In the Scriptures, the trumpet is sounded at the coronation of a king. The trumpet announces the newly crowned King and proclaims his ascent to sovereignty. It is well illustrated in the coronation contest for David's throne. Now who do we know wants that position?? So it wouldn’t surprise me that this is when the Yeshua is crowned in Heaven as our King. Only the King of Kings can take The Book out of the Hand of God. As one of the elders told John the Revelator, the Lion out of the tribe of Judah, and the root of David, has prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. He came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Therefore, the sound of the trumpet on the Feast of Trumpets is a remembrance of the coronation of the King of the Universe, and it symbolizes our acceptance of God as King. As with any Kingdom, the law of the land is pronounced and proclaimed throughout the kingdom and to all the citizens. The day will come when God will reveal His Kingdom and its laws by which all nations on earth will be judged. It will be a hard day for those who have rebelled against God’s Law, but it will be a day of rejoicing for those who have believed in God and in His Kingdom coming.

It was at Mount Sinai when God descended upon the mount in Exodus 19, that there was a heavenly trumpet sounding loud and long. The sound of the trumpet at Sinai was one of the miraculous signs that accompanied the giving of the Ten Commandments and the invitation to covenant with God.

Therefore, the sound of the trumpet on Feast of Trumpets is a remembrance of that day at Mount Sinai when Israel accepted her covenant with God. Later when Joshua came to the Promised Land, it was lead by the priests carrying the Ark of the Covenant with seven trumpets blowing.

Trumpets were used to give warnings. In ancient Israel, a watchman blew a trumpet to sound an alarm when danger was approaching; just the way civil defense sirens are used in our modern world for natural disasters like tornados approaching and invasions. When the Israelite heard the sound of the trumpet, he knew to take note of some imminent danger. Ezekiel employs this image by comparing the words of the prophets to the sound of the trumpet warning. These warning in the form of trumpets from God are not to be trifled with. It will be on your own head for not taking warning seriously.

The Feast of Trumpets is usually now observed on not one but on two consecutive days. The (Jewish) day begins at sundown and ends just before sundown the next day. Similarly, the months were calculated from the New Moon. The only Feast of Trumpets is the only feast that is set apart based the time of the new moon. Since Feast of Trumpets is the only appointed feast that begins on the first day of the month that makes it easy to know. As you are trying to narrow the field as to when is the soon return of Yeshua, it is important to remember what Yeshua said, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

Therefore, the sound of the trumpet on Feast of Trumpets is a remembrance to fear God. As Zephaniah says it will be a day of wrath, darkness, gloom and alarm. Because the Feast of Trumpets is the New Year's Day (that is the anniversary of the completion of creation) it is also towards the end of the heavenly fiscal year. As at the end of our calendar year, New Years Day is the day when the ledgers must be settled. On the Feast of Trumpets, the books of judgment are opened and all the deeds of each person and you are reviewed by the heavenly court for judgment. Ten days later, on Day of Atonement, everyone's name will be written and sealed for final judgment in either the Book of Life or Book of Dead.

This imagery is reflected in Revelation where John sees the ultimate and final Day of Judgment which will be after the one thousand years. On the Day of Judgment, Day of Atonement, the righteous are written in the Book of Life. The wicked are written in the Book of Death. The intervening days between Feast of Trumpets and Day of Atonement are traditionally regarded as prime-time to sway the heavenly court's decision through serious prayer, repentance and acts of charity.
Therefore, the sound of the trumpet on the Feast of Trumpets is a remembrance of Judgment at the hands of heaven. One of the most famous trumpet references out of all the prophets is “And it will be on that day when a great trumpet will be blown, the perishing in the land will come, and they will worship before the LORD on the Holy Mountain in Jerusalem.”

Therefore, the sound of the trumpet on Feast of Trumpets is a remembrance of the ultimate ingathering in the seventh month of God’s calendar. Remember Ephesians chapter 4 where it says this will not happen till we come together as a perfect man. Who do you suppose that one man is in type? They came together in type in the seventh month as one man and they began to build.

Seventh month is when the Feast of Trumpets begins to sound. Another reason given for the blowing of the trumpet on the Feast of Trumpets is for to remember the resurrection of the dead. Understand the words of Isaiah 18:3 to be a prophecy directed to the dead. "As a banner is lifted on the mountains, you will see, and as a trumpet is sounded, you will hear." This was understood to mean that when the final trumpet will be blown, the dead would rise and see and hear again. One of the soon to come to pass events that you need to remember. The coming of Yeshua includes a great trumpet blast which wakes up those sleeping in the dust.

In his letter to the believers at Colossians, Paul states that all of the Biblical Festivals are "shadows of things to come, the substance of Yeshua." From the above list, it is obvious that the fall feasts are about the things to come.

The mystery of God as declared by the Prophets will be finished at the seventh trumpet. “And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that lives for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he has declared to his servants the prophets.”

The Feast of Trumpets is a remembrance of things yet to come. Revelation trumpets are a foretaste of the things to come in full blast when there is no more repentance. It is a memorial of things that have not happened yet. Only with God can something be remembered before it has occurred! The Feast of Trumpets remembers the future work of Yeshua. Perhaps it is the obscurity of the future which accounts for the Bible's silence regarding the festival's meaning. The Feast of Trumpets’ final fulfillments is still shrouded in the future. If so, then the sound of the trumpet on Feast of Trumpets reminds us to listen for the sound of the trumpet in Revelation.

Upvote 0