Ohio US
✟150,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since the mid-1800s, C.I. Scofield and DL Moody and Hal Lindsey (and even you here Julie) have been teaching a message that America is doomed "according to the bible."

Thanks for the generalization and linking me with these even though I am against their teachings for the most part, especially the rapture.

I know Christ has defeated death and sits on the right hand of God. I also know Satan is a dead man walking and we have the victory.

My issue was more along the lines of the word "reign" which means to rule and how that applies to elect Christians on the earth not Christ.

Your definition of reigning/ruling as it appears in the Bible apparently is the continued widespread teaching of the gospel in the last 2000 years. Again, why use the word specific word reign/rule for that?

None of this speaks kindly for the cowardice, abandonment, and dereliction of duty dispensational pre-millennialists have taught to our country and the Church. Endtimes madness--like that which paralyzes most pre millennialists and prevents them from experiencing the victory of our faith--must be ended if America is to return to her great heritage.

What you call cowardice, I call heeding the warnings by Christ and Paul to not be deceived on this very subject, the end times. Both say beware. I trust them on the importance of the subject.

What you call cowardice, I call again, putting on the full amour to be able to stand in that "evil" day.

must be ended if America is to return to her great heritage.

See you're thinking on worldly terms. But speaking of America and "her great heritage" You don't think the powers are be are trying to move away from Christianity? I mean, when I see someone ending a prayer with "Amen and Awomen" (and this person spoke to more than one God) tells me were moving towards something but it's not America's great heritage, that's for sure. I mean we can't even pray in certain places were people aren't offended. I don't call that reigning or ruling on our part.

It does take a shift in thinking in regards to how we normally view a "reign" because as you pointed out, evil seems to be having its way with us sometimes. However, the scriptures are clear that Jesus currently reigns, and so if this reign does not align with our expectations then rather than ignore scripture we need to adjust our expectations.

Thanks for your response.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can you say that?
Aren't Bible verses 'actual'?

In the Bible. And known historical dates.
It took many hours, days, weeks; of careful Bible Study. It is the truth of God's perfect timings and our warning of imminent dramatic events.

I have posted it several times and it is in my logostelso.info website.
No one has refuted any of it, but it seems that God makes people incapable of understanding it. This is because they have chose to believe false theories and doctrines. Isaiah 29:9-12
I just asked a question it wasn't meant to offend.

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, The apostles sure believed and taught it was near for them, indeed John the revelator explicitly said that event "MUST shortly come to pass... for the time is near".

IF I were to think it is NEAR today, I would have to posit that the apostles were wrong in their own declarations of nearness of the event to them, and I am NOT about make any such claim of apostolic error. In fact, ANY belief or doctrine that, to be correct, must be built on the foundation of "apostolic error" ought be rejected by any honest bible expositor.
On the contrary. The apostles spoke of an event that was near for them, and it was the Lord's coming in judgment in 70 AD. The end of the age of law and the beginning of the kingdom of Christ. What we're looking forward to now is a completely different event.

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
How can you say that?
Aren't Bible verses 'actual'?
Of course they are, but your statement does not reference any Bible verses.

Let me remind you of what you said: "But we know that God does treat numbers as significant. The 'seven days'1000 of Creation, were most likely 1000 year periods.
Mankind got off to a bad start with Adam's sin, then God's Plan for our redemption commenced, with another amazing sequence of 1000 year periods. Or 3; 2000 year periods of mankinds rule, then a final 1000 years of Divine rule.
"

I don't see any Bible verses in there. In fact, you explicitly state that "the seven days of creation were most likely 1000 year periods", yet you provide no supporting evidence, which means this is just your opinion or assumption. So how then can you incredulously ask if Bible verses aren't actual proof, when you haven't provided any? Which bible verses exactly would you like me to consider "actual"?

You go on to say that God's plan of redemption commenced with "another amazing sequence of 1000 year periods, or three 2000 year periods of mankind's rule" again without any scripture to back up your claim that our time line was divided into either 1000 or 2000 year blocks. Again, I ask how you can feign shock at my asking you to confirm that you base your position on nothing more than your own ideas, when you have entirely failed to provide scriptural supporting evidence?

If you have such scriptural supporting evidence of your claims which I just quoted, now would be the perfect time to present them.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you have such scriptural supporting evidence of your claims which I just quoted, now would be the perfect time to present them.
My post #18 references 47 Bible verses that prove the 7000 year Plan of God for mankind.
I thought you had seen and read it. People who post on these threads, usually read all the previous posts, or they should do.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pharmakeia of Babylon. Check
Beasts of various kinds. Check
Lying signs and wonders. Check.
Mark of the Beast. Checking.

But Babylon hasn't fallen just yet. Nor has Christ returned.

I'd say entering tribulation, tentatively Rev 13 or thereabouts.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So Keras stating that in 9.5 years the the church age ends and 1,000 year reign of Christ begins is not a prediction?
I disagree.
All speculation.
The millennial day theory has been around for thousands of years (pun intended), and the goals keep getting pushed back.
“Where is this promised ‘coming’ of his? For our fathers have died, and everything goes on just as it has since the beginning of creation.”

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But surely you don't believe this "1000 generations" to be a literal 1000.
His spread is not in total either. A generation can be 15 years to 1000. The spread being 15,000 to 1,000,000 years. Is a generation the length of one's life, or how soon the next generation starts?

But blessings do not happen according to God's faithfulness historically. No one stays obedient that long, and 70AD is proof of an end. Not even 40 years after God Himself is on earth calling them to Atonement. God is longsuffering according to the 1000 year/Day with the Lord phenomenon. That is the time frame we should be thankful for while striving to obey God for millions of years. The latter cannot happen because of sin. The new heavens and earth happens after the judgment of sin. The NHNE happens when God gives us totally different parameters to exist in.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lol. You want your money back because somebody told you the millennium would be free of sin and suffering? Perhaps you need to have a chat with that person.
The children of Israel spent 70 years in captivity and the majority of them scattered across the earth because they did not remember the 7th Day, much less set it apart as Holy. Why scoff at God's ability for a 1000 year period of perfection without sin? Do you demand God show you wrath instead of freedom from sin?

God judged His people because they treated the Sabbath as every other day in sin. Amill and post mill place God's sinless 1000 year time frame in the middle of the church age, where sin and the church is constantly playing the harlot. The church does not even have to do a weekly reminder. They just have the millennium of the rule of Christ on earth to Remember. They fail miserably with lack of faith and false teachings mocking a sin free time on earth and conflating God's plan as only sin.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your challenge is to find even one scripture that testifies Satan (or anyone) is presently NOT subject to the Rule and reign of Jesus Christ today.
Abraham and the subsequent period of Jacob in Egypt, and Egypt itself had full authority over Satan. That has never changed since the Garden of Eden. You are deceived by Satan if you think Nations have been deceived by Satan whole scale. Satan deceived the Greeks, the Romans, Constantine, and the Holy Roman Empire, and many Christians who think western thought is the only knowledge to live by. That is why Paul warned us in 2 Thessalonians 2. And not even the Reformation broke this deception of Satan. In some points, the Reformation confounded the issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol. You want your money back because somebody told you the millennium would be free of sin and suffering? Perhaps you need to have a chat with that person.

Never said the millenial would be sin free. But with Jesus reigning as KIng as it is written He shall rule with a rod of iron. Satan will be abyssed so his temptations will be vastly reduced.

It will not be anywhere even remotely like we see the world today!

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My post #18 references 47 Bible verses that prove the 7000 year Plan of God for mankind.
I thought you had seen and read it. People who post on these threads, usually read all the previous posts, or they should do.
Yes, I saw that post and it was very interesting, but the verses you mention in that post are only supporting your math, counting backwards to Adam, are they not?

I didn't see anything that specifically supports the idea that our timeline is split into 1000 or 2000 year segments, or that 6000 years is our limit.

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Pharmakeia of Babylon. Check
Beasts of various kinds. Check
Lying signs and wonders. Check.
Mark of the Beast. Checking.

But Babylon hasn't fallen just yet. Nor has Christ returned.

I'd say entering tribulation, tentatively Rev 13 or thereabouts.
It seems pretty clear to me that Babylon was Jerusalem, the mother of all harlots, the city that ruled over the kings of the earth. You might want to look into that.

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The children of Israel spent 70 years in captivity and the majority of them scattered across the earth because they did not remember the 7th Day, much less set it apart as Holy. Why scoff at God's ability for a 1000 year period of perfection without sin?
Don't misrepresent my position please. I don't scoff at God's ability to do anything. I scoff at the notion that the thousand years is paradise on earth, as if the Bible promises us that. It does not.

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It will not be anywhere even remotely like we see the world today!
That statement is 100% based on your own assumptions about what that time would be like, because nowhere in scripture does it give us any kind of detail about the thousand years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is anybody else thinking along these same lines, or am I on an island here?

If you've got an island my husband would be very much down with that lol!

But no, you're not the only one. Both my husband and I are looking at the world like... "Christ is coming soon..." God has already said what will happen, how and why. However, I know we can't be sitting idly by either. There are still those out there with ears to hear and eyes to see. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I saw that post and it was very interesting, but the verses you mention in that post are only supporting your math, counting backwards to Adam, are they not?

I didn't see anything that specifically supports the idea that our timeline is split into 1000 or 2000 year segments, or that 6000 years is our limit.
The exact time of 4000 years from Adam until Jesus and now 1990 +/-years since Jesus, with the world now in a precarious state and then the prophesied 1000 year Millennium reign of Jesus, is quite sufficient to conclude the 7000 year Plan of God for mankind.
If you can't see that, then I can't help you.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you've got an island my husband would be very much down with that lol!

But no, you're not the only one. Both my husband and I are looking at the world like... "Christ is coming soon..." God has already said what will happen, how and why. However, I know we can't be sitting idly by either. There are still those out there with ears to hear and eyes to see. :yellowheart:
You know me....

I was actually making a post if you and I could stay on their island... then saw your post and erased it.

But so much this.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the contrary. The apostles spoke of an event that was near for them, and it was the Lord's coming in judgment in 70 AD. The end of the age of law and the beginning of the kingdom of Christ. What we're looking forward to now is a completely different event.

I agree.
However, The timing and details of that event have not been revealed to us. (Deuteronomy 29:29)

Reactions: Freedm
Upvote 0