Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Having read the various views of the 1000yr period in Revelation in different Denominations of Christianity, I decided to translate and study on the verses in Reve 20 which shows it.

According to this, it appears there may be 2 different periods as verse 2 shows the "evil-one" is bound for a 1000yrs.

I would think that if the Lord wanted it to be one event, He would have written it as "and he bound AND cast him into the abyss. Anyone have any views on this? Thanks.

Reve 20:2 And he seizes the Dragon, the serpent, the ancient, who is a Devil, and [the] Satan/Adversary. And he binds him a thousand years.

What is amillennialism? | GotQuestions.org

.........According to Amillennialism, the millennium of Revelation 20:1–6 is being fulfilled spiritually in the present age before the return of Jesus Christ.Thus, the millennium or kingdom of Christ is in existence now.

Amillennialists affirm that the millennium began with the resurrection and/or ascension of Christ and will be consummated when Jesus returns again to establish the Eternal Kingdom that is discussed in Revelation 21:–22........................
==============================
Revelation 20
1 And I saw a Messenger descending out of the heaven, having the key of the Abyss<12>, and a great chain<254> on the hand of Him.

2 And He seizes<2902> the Dragon, the Serpent<3789>, the Ancient-one<744>, who is a Devil/Slanderer<1228> and the Satan/Adversary<4567>, and binds Him a thousands years.

3 And He casts Him into the Abyss, and locks and seals over<1883> Him, that no He should be deceiving<4105> the Nations, until should be being finished/telesqh <5055> (5686) the thousands years. After these, it is binding<1163> Him to be loosed<3089> a little<3398> time<5550>

4 And I saw thrones, and they are seated<2523> upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those having been beheaded/executed<3990> because of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor it's image, and did not receive the mark upon the forehead and upon their hand, and they live and reign with the Christ a thousand years;

5 and the rest of the dead not live until should be being finished<5055> the thousand years. This the first resurrection/standing up<386> .

6 Happy/blessed<3107> and holy the one having part in the first resurrection/standing up, over these the second death not is having authority, but they shall be priests of the God and of the Christ, and shall be reigning with Him the thousand years.

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do you mean by "2 different periods"? :)
I will give it a shot.

The Bible only speaks of one Time of the End/End of the Age, and I never noticed how much grief those few little verses in Revelation has caused for Christianity so I decided to study the Greek texts on them.

The binding and casting into the abyss "appears" to symbolize, in my humble view, Daniel's time, times, half a time, as Revelation is not in order and a lot of different Visions are in reality the Same ones just in different ways.
Btw, what is your view of it as I certainly could use a little more help on it. Thanks. :wave:

Revelation 20:1 And I perceived a messenger descending out of the heaven, having the key of the abyss, and a chain/alusin, great, on the hand of him.

I would say this could symbolize Daniel's "Time", the time of Christ preaching the Gospel?

2 And he seizes the Dragon, the serpent, the ancient, who is a Devil, and [the] Satan/Adversary. And he binds him a thousand years.

This could symbolize Daniel's "Times" after the Cross and Pentecost where Paul, and the Apostles spread the Holy Spirit?

3 And he casts him into the abyss, and he locks and he seals over of him, that no he should still be deceiving the nations until should-be-being-finished the thousand years.

This could symbolize Daniel's "Half a Time", the Final consummation when the OC Jewish Priesthood and Judean people rise up in Rebellion the God sends the Romans against them?

After these, it is binding him to be loosed him a little time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Btw, what is your view of it as I certainly could use a little more help on it. Thanks.

Eh... I believe that the 1000 years in symbolic, whatever it is. I don't think it has to do with some earthly kingdom (premillenialism), but I don't find the Full Preterists idea that it represents the time between 30 A.D.-70 A.D. (which kinda sounds what you're saying) convincing either.

So, my Millenial position is somewhere between those. I don't believe that there is any eschatological (spelling?) view that is totally, 100% correct.

Revelation 20:1 And I perceived a messenger descending out of the heaven, having the key of the abyss, and a chain/alusin, great, on the hand of him.

I would say this could symbolize Daniel's "Time", the time of Christ preaching the Gospel?

2 And he seizes the Dragon, the serpent, the ancient, who is a Devil, and [the] Satan/Adversary. And he binds him a thousand years.

This could symbolize Daniel's "Times" after the Cross and Pentecost where Paul, and the Apostles spread the Holy Spirit?

3 And he casts him into the abyss, and he locks and he seals over of him, that no he should still be deceiving the nations until should-be-being-finished the thousand years.

This could symbolize Daniel's "Half a Time", the Final consummation when the OC Jewish Priesthood and Judean people rise up in Rebellion the God sends the Romans against them?

That is very interesting. I'd always taken the time, times, and half a time to mean 3 1/2 years or 42 months. Which I thought was talking about the time period of either the Roman siege of Jerusalem (66-70 A.D), or Nero's persecution of Christians (64-68 A.D).

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Eh... I believe that the 1000 years in symbolic, whatever it is. I don't think it has to do with some earthly kingdom (premillenialism), but I don't find the Full Preterists idea that it represents the time between 30 A.D.-70 A.D. (which kinda sounds what you're saying) convincing either.

So, my Millenial position is somewhere between those. I don't believe that there is any eschatological (spelling?) view that is totally, 100% correct.

That is very interesting. I'd always taken the time, times, and half a time to mean 3 1/2 years or 42 months. Which I thought was talking about the time period of either the Roman siege of Jerusalem (66-70 A.D), or Nero's persecution of Christians (64-68 A.D).
Thanks for that thoughtful post.
The only reference I really see concerning the Romans is possibly in these passages below.

John 11:48 mentions the Romans coming and taking them, their place and nation away. The word "Denarii" is used in Revelation 6 which is probably why some Christian view the RCC and pope in Revelation. [which I do not btw LOL]. The Half a Time would probably be the Seige IF that is what Revelation is showing.

According to Josephus, it only lasted about 5 months, and JESUS did say the time would be Shortened for the sake of the Elect. [Matt 24:22]

http://www.davieapostolicchurch.com/studies/destuct/

.............This memorable siege terminated on the eighth day of the ninth month, A.D. 70 : its duration was nearly five months, the Romans having invested the city on the fourteenth day of the fourth month, preceeding.............

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Luke 19:41 And as He nears, beholding the City and He laments on Her, 42 saying, "That if thou-knew, and thou, even indeed in the day, this, the toward Peace of thee, now yet it was Hid from thy eyes. 43 That shall be arriving days upon thee, and thy Enemies shall be casting up a rampart/caraka <5482> to thee, and shall be encompassing thee, and pressing thee every which place. 44 And shall be leveling thee and thy offspring in thee, and not shall be leaving stone upon stone in thee, instead which not thou knew the time of thy visitation/episkophV <1984>".

John 11:48 "If-ever we may be be letting Him thus, all shall be believing in Him.
And shall be coming the Romans/rwmaioi <4514> and they shall be taking away/arousin <142> (5692) of Us and the Place and the Nation
Reve 6:6 And I hear as a-sound in midst of the four living-ones, saying: "choinex of grain of Denarius/dhnariou <1220> and three choinex of barleys of Denarius/dhnariou <1220> and the oil/elaion <1637> and the wine/oinon <3631> no you should be injuring".

I pretty much view all of Revelation as a change of Covenants/Priesthood, and that is rather difficult to explain.
But like you said, no view is 100% correct though I do gain more from learning and studying the Hebrew/Greek. Peace.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We may be able to use Revelation 9:5 as a reference concerning that "little time", and whether that is literally 5 months or not, I do not know. Jesus told the Judeans that the time would be shortened for the "chosen-elects" sake.
Do you believe Revelation is literally "global wide" or just in "israel" and around "judea/jerusalem"? Thoughts?

[T-R] Matt 24:22 And if no was shortened/ekolobwqhsan <2856> (5681) the days, those, not ever was saved all flesh. Because of yet the chose-elect/eklektouV <1588>, shall be being shortened/kolobwqhsontai <2856> (5701) the days, those. [Mark 13:30]

Reve 20:3 And he casts him into the abyss, and he locks and he seals over of him, that no he should still be deceiving the nations until should-be-being-finished the thousand years. After these, it is binding him to be loosed him a little time.

Reve 9:5 And was given to them that not they should be killing them, but that they should be being tormented months, five. And the torment of them as torment of a scorpion/skorpiou <4651>, whenever it should be striking a man;

http://www.davieapostolicchurch.com/studies/destuct/

...............This memorable siege terminated on the eighth day of the ninth month, A.D. 70 : its duration was nearly five months, the Romans having invested the city on the fourteenth day of the fourth month, preceeding.

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I pretty much view all of Revelation as a change of Covenants/Priesthood, and that is rather difficult to explain.

I think thats probabily correct, but it is indeed a difficult subject, because there is no verse in Revelation that directly says that, its just taken by implication.

I have no doubt what it's historically describing, but understanding what that theologically means is what I find difficult.

Do you believe Revelation is literally "global wide" or just in "israel" and around "judea/jerusalem"?

It seems to be mostly in Judea, but I see Nero's persecution of Christians in Revelation as well, which may have been confined to Rome only, or it may have extended to Judea and Asia Minor.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think thats probabily correct, but it is indeed a difficult subject, because there is no verse in Revelation that directly says that, its just taken by implication.

I have no doubt what it's historically describing, but understanding what that theologically means is what I find difficult.

It seems to be mostly in Judea, but I see Nero's persecution of Christians in Revelation as well, which may have been confined to Rome only, or it may have extended to Judea and Asia Minor.
One of the places in Revelation that mentions the Priesthood is the Tribe of Levi. The translations of the order of the names appear to form a Prayer.
I found it interesting Levi is mentioned 8th and I do have a rather unique view of that LOL.

Reve 7: "I will praise the Lord for He has looked on me and granted good fortune. Happy am I because my wrestling God is making me to forget. God hears me and is joined to me and purchased me a dwelling. God will add to me the Son of His right hand."

(judah)"I will praise the Lord (reuben)He has looked on me (gad)granted good fortune. (asher)Happy am I (naphtali) wrestling God is (manasseh)making me to forget. (simeon)God hears me and is (levi)joined to me. He has (Issachar)purchased me (zebulun)a dwelling. (joseph)God will add to me the (benjamin)Son of His right hand."

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I found it interesting Levi is mentioned 8th and I do have a rather unique view of that LOL.

Well, the number 8 is often shown to mean perfection, because its even greater than 7 which is another Biblically significant number and is used like 50 times in Revelation.

I think that 8 is also significant, because God commanded Abraham to circumsise his children on the 8th day after their birth.

I've heard that if you do gematria on Jesus's name in greek, it comes out as 888.

Reve 7: "I will praise the Lord for He has looked on me and granted good fortune. Happy am I because my wrestling God is making me to forget. God hears me and is joined to me and purchased me a dwelling. God will add to me the Son of His right hand."

(judah)"I will praise the Lord (reuben)He has looked on me (gad)granted good fortune. (asher)Happy am I (naphtali) wrestling God is (manasseh)making me to forget. (simeon)God hears me and is (levi)joined to me. He has (Issachar)purchased me (zebulun)a dwelling. (joseph)God will add to me the (benjamin)Son of His right hand."

Wow. That's cool. :cool:

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW !Little Lamb , this really helped me out alot!!!
thanks bro!
i was wondering about this !

Rev 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

this has me wondering if indeed , the time that is at hand , is filling up fast? completed

peace C

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
WOW !Little Lamb , this really helped me out alot!!!
thanks bro!
i was wondering about this !

Rev 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

this has me wondering if indeed , the time that is at hand , is filling up fast? completed

peace C
Awww shucks, thanks Chick and welcome aboard!!!!

I usually end up confusing more people than helping, and was referred to as an "oddball" ^_^

http://christianforums.com/t7128846&page=4
Christian eschatology oddballs

I am pretty deep into translating so when I post, it is almost as if I am posting a foreign language to most.

[GT] 2 Timothy 4:1 Thru-witnessing then I, before the GOD and the Lord Jesus Christ, of the one-being-about/mellontoV <3195> (5723) to be judging/krinein <2919> (5721) living and dead, according as the appearance/manifestation of Him and the Kingdom of Him

Reve 10:6 and swears in the One living who lives into the ages of the ages, who creates the heaven and those in it/him, and the land and those in it/her, and the sea and those in it/her--that time not still shall be , 7 but in the days of the voice of the seventh messenger, whenever he is being about/mellh <3195> (5725) to be trumpeting, and is finished/telesqh <5055> (5686) the mystery of the GOD, as He brings the well message to the, of Himself,bondslaves, the prophets

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hI little Lamb ...

thanks these are great I cannot download the scriptures 4 all my puter is way to old and full and tired lol
to get anything any more
sorry about your puter ''crash'' bummer !!!!i saw your other post about it ..
my time is near im sure ....LOL for '' puter death ''

i copied and read what you and NILLOC have replied
and thought of something last night before bed , but forgot , sorry !
i sure do see the connection in Daniel and rev too!

the the binding of satan/adversary , old serpent also a beast rise up of the sea ?Rev 13:1 and one rise up out of the earth Rev 13:11 for the 1000 years only to be cast alive into the fire for good , well i saw this

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone

.Rev 20:10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

i was thinking of how Jesus told them [ disciples[ students ] of the WORD [SWORD]
that they should be rejoicing more so of being ALIVE TO GOD than dead to Him them that dwell in the earth are dead as the sea also are as dead to God maybe ? rising above the ''body of death''

Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Hbr 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more [shall not] we [escape], if we turn away from him that [speaketh] from heaven:

Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heavenAnd this [word], Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken,

as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear For our God [is] a consuming fire.

I hope this makes sense , im not to good at writting my thoughts
peace and His love C ...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
the the binding of satan/adversary , old serpent also a beast rise up of the sea ?Rev 13:1 and one rise up out of the earth Rev 13:11 for the 1000 years only to be cast alive into the fire for good , well i saw this
Hi chickapee!!! My question has always been concerning 2 End-times. Jesus actually had the "Satan/Devil" bound while He was preaching as He lost none of His Apostles to the corrupt muderous Judean rulers in Judea.

This passage in Matt 12 stands out also, and at the time Jesus was preaching, the High Priest was the "strong man" of the "House" which was the temple/sactuary. Interesting and still have work to do on my translation of Revelation. Peace

Matthew 12:29 `Or how is one able to be entering into the House of the strong-one, and the instruments of him to snatch-away, if ever no first he should be binding/dhsh <1210> (5661) the strong-one? And then his House he shall be snatching-away. [Mark 3:27]
Reve 20:2 And he seizes the Dragon, the serpent, the ancient, who is a Devil, and [the] Satan/Adversary. And he binds/edhsen <1210> (5656) him a thousand years.

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi chickapee!!! My question has always been concerning 2 End-times. Jesus actually had the "Satan/Devil" bound while He was preaching as He lost none of His Apostles to the corrupt muderous Judean rulers in Judea.

This passage in Matt 12 stands out also, and at the time Jesus was preaching, the High Priest was the "strong man" of the "House" which was the temple/sactuary. Interesting and still have work to do on my translation of Revelation. Peace

Matthew 12:29 `Or how is one able to be entering into the House of the strong-one, and the instruments of him to snatch-away, if ever no first he should be binding/dhsh <1210> (5661) the strong-one? And then his House he shall be snatching-away. [Mark 3:27]
wow !! AWESOME again! amen !!on the ''binding and loosing '' in the Days of Jesus Christ ...
you know i was wondering who the ''strong man was , seems maybe this linage ?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Strong's Number: 3929[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Browse Lexicon[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Original Word[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Word Origin[/FONT]$ml[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]from an unused root of uncertain meaning[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Transliterated Word[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]TDNT Entry[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Lemek[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]None[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Phonetic Spelling[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Parts of Speech[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]leh'-mek [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Proper Name Masculine [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Definition[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Lamech = "powerful":scratch:
  1. the 5th lineal descendant from Cain, husband of Adah and Zillah, father of sons, Jabal, Jubal, and Tubal-cain, and daughter, Naamah
  2. father of Noah
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Strong's Number: 2984[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Browse Lexicon[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Original Word[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Word Origin[/FONT]lamec[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]of Hebrew origin (03929)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Transliterated Word[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]TDNT Entry[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Lamech[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]None[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Phonetic Spelling[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Parts of Speech[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]lam'-ekh [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Noun Masculine [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Definition[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Lamech = "why thus with thee?: unto bringing low"
  1. the father of Noah
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]NAS Word Usage - Total: 1[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Lamech 1[/FONT]
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen4.pdf

Gen 4:24 If Cain shall be[he is being avenged ] avenged sevenfold[seven ] , truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold. [seven]

twice an end , seventy and seven ?

just makes me wonder I saw lamech , meant ''strong man '' and'' powerful '' and'' made low ''...
still not sure yet it seems possible bro to me ,,
somthing to check into maybe lol ?

now Jesus says all manner of sins forgiven except blaspheming the Holy Ghost and here to Peter
Mat 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
peace C
peace .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, the number 8 is often shown to mean perfection, because its even greater than 7 which is another Biblically significant number and is used like 50 times in Revelation.

I think that 8 is also significant, because God commanded Abraham to circumsise his children on the 8th day after their birth.

I've heard that if you do gematria on Jesus's name in greek, it comes out as 888.
Wow. That's cool. :cool:

I've read recently that the early church began worshipping on the 8th day to symbolize perfection of the new covenant. 7th is the day of rest, but we always hear of it as the perfect number or number of completion.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Greetings. Thks for you view. I haven't really had time to get back into this to find out how forms of these words are used elsewhere in the NT.
There is only one Time of the End/Day of the Lord mentioned in the Bible and why I feel the need to delve into this more deeply. Thks for your input.

Here is the translatin again:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I like doing greek word studies and especially on where exact forms of greek [and hebrew] are used in the rest of the Bible.

This form of the greek word #5055 is used only 4 times, one of those in Luke 12:50 when Jesus exclaims about what He has to go thru up to His Crucifixion and the other 3 times in Reve 10.

What is it about the rest of the "dead-ones" that they have to wait until this period is over with? This is why I really recommend an interlinear for extra deep study/translation of the Bible. Thoughts?

telesqh <5055> (5686) Luke 12:50 , Reve 20:3, 5; 7

Luke 12:50 A baptism yet I am have to be baptised with and how I am pressed till which-any it should be being finished/telesqh <5055> (5686). [John 19:30 Cross: "It is finshed"]

John 19:30 When then the Jesus had received/got the vinegar, He said "It has been finished/tetelestai <5055> (5769)"!

Reve 20:3 And he casts him into the abyss, and he locks and he seals over of him, that no he should still be deceiving the nations until should-be-being-finished/telesqh <5055> (5686) After these, it is binding him to be loosed him a little time.

5 The rest of the dead ones not live until should be being finished/telesqh <5055> (5686) the thousand years, this the resurrection, the first/former

7 And whenever should-be-being-finished/telesqh <5055> (5686) the thousand years, shall be being loosed the Satan out of the prison of him

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I also found this interesting. How would others view that "House" in Matt 12:29.
The word for "bind" is used in both places and in Revelation, it does appear to show a House/City burning forever.

Reve 20:2 And he seizes the Dragon, the serpent, the ancient, who is a Devil, and [the] Satan/Adversary. And he binds/edhsen <1210> him a thousand years.

Matthew 12:29 "Or how is able any-one to be entering into the House of the strong-one, and the instruments of him to snatch-away, if ever no first he should be binding/dhsh <1210> the strong-one? And then his House he shall be snatching-away." [Mark 3:27/Reve 15:8]

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7164949&page=2
DO NOT WEEP!!!!! The Great City

Upvote 0

vinsight4u

Contributor
Aug 8, 2003
✟21,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see the things in Rev. 19 as must come to pass before chapter 20.

I see Rev. 19 as beginning at the time of the 7th trumpet rapture and continuing all the way to those saints came from the marriage as armies and one of those armies went on to the battle to take down the beast. Rev. 20 tells us how a "they" group will sit on thrones. This they can only be explained by tacking this prophecy onto the one in chapter 19 as to a they group of saints as the army of God that fought at the battle of Armageddon (battle of chapter 16 too).

Rev. 20:4
"And I saw thrones, and they sat..."
We have to pull information from previous verses to understand this they is????
the army of Re. 19:19
"...against his army."
20:4
"...they sat..."

Rev. 20 continues the chapter 19 story by telling us what happened to the armies that came from heaven.

Rev. 19:14
"And the armies {which were} in heaven, followed him upon white horses..."
19:19
"...against his army."
Not all of the saints fight at Armageddon.
We only find one type of saints army there, the saints that were not martyred during the tribulation time.
The other army of saints - the tribulation martyrs already have gained the victory over the beast, so they sit the battle of Armageddon out.

Upvote 0