Revelation 16:21 "..hailstones great as talentweight fall on men.."

Is Revelation 16:21 depicting the event of Jerusalem 70ad?

• Yes, I believe it is 70ad

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, it is not 70ad

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I have never thought of it like that

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am unsure right now

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LittleLambofJesus said:
Views on the hail stones in Revelation 16.

Revelation 16:21
And Hail<5464>, great as talent-weight<5006> is descending out of the heaven/sky upon the men,
and the men blaspheme the GOD out of the blow of the Hail, that great is the blow of it, tremendous. [LXX # 5464 used in Ezekiel 38:22]

5464. chalaza khal'-ad-zah probably from 5465; hail:--hail.
The OP is quite interesting, never actually seen this kind of theory before.

But I do think that this is most likely moving closer to the actual explanation (Ronald's response).

It can be hard to understand what is going on with end-time prophecies relating to the state of the earth, but if you do a little scientific research you can get an idea. The 6th Seal and 7th Bowl are similar, of which reflect what was prophesied by Isaiah. I think this is the primary explanation.

Isaiah 24:19-21 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
19 The earth is broken asunder,
The earth is split through,
The earth is shaken violently.
20 The earth reels to and fro like a drunkard
And it totters like a shack,
For its transgression is heavy upon it,
And it will fall, never to rise again.
21 So it will happen in that day,
That the Lord will punish the host of heaven on high,
And the kings of the earth on earth.

The hailstones are one of several results of this reeling, the most significant one being the shortening of the days from 24 to 16 hours (Trumpet 5) which can be again be explained using science (conservation of momentum for a rotating body).

But on the hail stones, the violent shaking of the earth is going to cause an unprecedented evaporative effect worldwide (mostly of the oceans). Remember 71% of earth is covered in water. Coupled with the atmospheric convulsions that will be going on at that time (inside air currents and drafts being generated), you'll essentially have "oceans" of water in the atmosphere being cooled to astronomical degrees, hence the gigantic hailstones.
Thank you for your input.
There are plenty of views [some rather "out of this world"] and sites on the hailstones in Revelation.
Look at these google results.........[I remain of the view that 70ad Jerusalem is that Great City in Revelation]

hailstones in revelation - Google Search

The Seventh Bowl of Wrath - 100 Pound Hail Stones from SATURN!? - Sep 21st, 2017

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian