Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think it's more likely that verses 3-4 and 7-9 describe the same event but from different perspectives.
Thanks for looking at my chart. I don't mind disagreement.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟665,548.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Why are there no crowns until the end times? Political power has been exercised throughout history.

You have the heads numbered and even identified.

Revelation tells us that there are seven heads. Revelation never refers to the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh head. Your Seventh Head inserts something into the Scripture that isn't there. Or at least you have yet to prove that it is there.

One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.
Revelation 13:3 NIV

See, Revelation never says "the seventh head" and never puts a number on the head that is wounded. You put that in.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.
Revelation 13:3 NIV

Luk 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
Luk 19:42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
Luk 19:43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
Luk 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Counterfeits:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Revelation tells us that there are seven heads. Revelation never refers to the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh head. Your Seventh Head inserts something into the Scripture that isn't there. Or at least you have yet to prove that it is there.
Revelation 17 indicates at the time of John that 5 of the kings (heads) had fallen, i.e. dead. The sixth of the kings was ruling at the time of John.

Leaving only the seventh, yet to come in John's time.

I am working on my Revelation 13 chart.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it's more likely that verses 3-4 and 7-9 describe the same event but from different perspectives.
I think this is more of a 'blueprint' of what will first unfold in heaven, and what will later be 'mirrored' on the earth. The way chapter 12 is written appears to be a 'reflected' literary technique called a chiastic structure of writing (we see this style throughout the Bible). The goal of the chapter appears to have two events occurring, one in heaven, and the other from the earth; and the whole chapter meets its main point in the middle which is the result of the war in heaven.

Perspective from heaven:
1. The dragon waits to devour the woman's child (Rev. 12:1-5)
2. The woman flees to a place where she will be taken care of (Rev. 12:6)
3. Michael and his angels overcome the dragon and his angels in heaven (Rev. 12:7-8)

The middle point:
4. The dragon and his angels are cast out of heaven, and heaven celebrates (Rev. 12:9-12)

Perspective from the earth:
1. The dragon pursues the woman. (Rev. 12:13)
2. The woman is taken care of for 1,260 days (Rev. 12:14-16)
3. Enraged, the dragon readies to make war against the rest of her offspring. (Rev. 12:17)

If you ask me, Revelation 12 is an overview of what takes place when the war in heaven begins back when the 'worthy one' on earth is revealed, (Rev. 5:5) through to the moment the seventh trumpet is sounded. (Rev. 11:15) From then on it is the continuation of the dragon preparing to make war against the woman's other children, and the prologue to the dragon standing on the shore ready to bring forth the beast out of the sea. (Rev 13)

Upvote 0