Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If John was on Patmos while visioning the Revelation, did he ever go prophecy again?

YLT)
Rev 1:9
I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ,
was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ

Revelation 10:

8 And the voice that I heard out of the heaven is again speaking with me, and saying, ‘Go, take the little scroll that is open in the hand of the messenger who hath been standing upon the sea, and upon the land:’ 9 and I went away unto the messenger, saying to him, ‘Give me the little scroll;’ and he saith to me, ‘Take, and eat it up, and it shall make thy belly bitter, but in thy mouth it shall be sweet — as honey.’ 1 0And I took the little scroll out of the hand of the messenger, and did eat it up, and it was in my mouth as honey — sweet, and when I did eat it — my belly was made bitter;

11 and they are saying to me,

‘It is binding thee again to prophesy upon peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings — many.’

Ezekiel 3
1 And He saith unto me, ‘Son of adam!

that which thou findest eat, eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.’ 2 And I open my mouth, and He causeth me to eat this roll. 3 And He saith unto me, ‘Son of man, thy belly thou dost feed, and thy bowels thou dost fill with this roll that I am giving unto thee;’ and I eat it, and it is in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

4 And He saith unto me, ‘Son of man, go, enter in unto the house of Israel, and thou hast spoken with My words unto them.

Last edited:

Rodron

Feb 23, 2019
Birmingham
✟10,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If John was on Patmos while visioning the Revelation, did he ever go prophecy again?

YLT)
Rev 1:9
I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ,
was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ

Revelation 10:

8And the voice that I heard out of the heaven is again speaking with me, and saying, ‘Go, take the little scroll that is open in the hand of the messenger who hath been standing upon the sea, and upon the land:’ 9and I went away unto the messenger, saying to him, ‘Give me the little scroll;’ and he saith to me, ‘Take, and eat it up, and it shall make thy belly bitter, but in thy mouth it shall be sweet — as honey.’ 10And I took the little scroll out of the hand of the messenger, and did eat it up, and it was in my mouth as honey — sweet, and when I did eat it — my belly was made bitter;

11and they are saying to me,

‘It is binding thee again to prophesy upon peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings — many.’

Ezekiel 3
1 And He saith unto me, ‘Son of adam!
that which thou findest eat, eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.’ 2 And I open my mouth, and He causeth me to eat this roll. 3 And He saith unto me, ‘Son of man, thy belly thou dost feed, and thy bowels thou dost fill with this roll that I am giving unto thee;’ and I eat it, and it is in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

4 And He saith unto me, ‘Son of man, go, enter in unto the house of Israel, and thou hast spoken with My words unto them.
I have wandered about this myself. Here are three speculations, may not be beneficial but may someone else have better info. It is interesting and something rarely brought up.

John was exiled as a result of anti-Christian persecution under the Roman emperor Domitian. After the death of Domitian in 96 AD John was able to leave Patmos. Maybe he was being told he would get off the island and what he had seen and written, people around the world will read it.

In verse 4, he was told to seal up and not write. 4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not. Maybe this is what has not been prophesied or maybe what the seven thunders uttered is what is in the little book and John shall prophesy this at the end of time.

Maybe what Jesus said to Peter in John was true and not just said because of Peter’s jealousy. John 21: 21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? 22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. You think John is one of the two witnesses in Revelation? Probably closer to the first than the last, Unresolved. in light and love Rodron

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe it refers to his long ministry after his return from exile on Patmos, after the death of Nero.
That is possible

John of Patmos - Wikipedia

John of Patmos (also called John the Revelator, John the Divine or John the Theologian; Greek: Ἰωάννης ὁ Θεολόγος, Coptic: ⲓⲱⲁⲛⲛⲏⲥ)
is the author named as John in the Book of Revelation, the apocalyptic text forming the final book of the New Testament. The text of Revelation states that John was on Patmos, a Greek island where, by most biblical historians, he is considered to be in exile as a result of anti-Christian persecution under the Roman emperor Domitian.[1][2]

The author of the Book of Revelation identifies himself only as "John".[5] Traditionally, this was often believed to be the same person as John, son of Zebedee, one of the apostles of Jesus, to whom the Gospel of John was also attributed.[5] The early-2nd-century writer, Justin Martyr, was the first to equate the author of Revelation with John the Evangelist.[6] Other early Christian writers, however, such as Dionysius of Alexandria and Eusebius of Caesarea, noting the differences in language and theological outlook between this work and the Gospel,[7] discounted this possibility, and argued for the exclusion of the Book of Revelation from the canon as a result.[8] The early Christian writer Papias appeared in his writings to distinguish between John the Evangelist and John the Elder,[9] and many biblical scholars now contend that the latter was the author of Revelation
==================
There is also another Revelation that shows him being on Mount Tabor.
I had created a thread on it, but it got no responses.

The Other Revelation Version and Mt Tabor

The Other Revelation Version and Mt Tabor
Jul 29, 2008

CHURCH FATHERS: Revelation of St. John

After the taking up of our Lord Jesus Christ, I John was alone upon Mount Tabor, where also He showed us His undefiled Godhead; and as I was not able to stand, I fell upon the ground, and prayed to the Lord, and said: O Lord my God, who hast deemed me worthy to be Your servant, hear my voice, and teach me about Your coming........................
................And again I heard a voice saying to me: Behold, you have heard all these things, righteous John; deliver them to faithful men, that they also may teach others, and not think lightly of them, nor cast our pearls before swine, lest perchance they should trample them with their feet. Matthew 7:6
===============

Here Paul mentions a man caught away to the third heaven and paradise 14 yrs ago from when he wrote this. Any idea what year that would be? Thanks.

2 Corinthians 12:1 To be boasting is binding not, being expedient indeed I shall be coming yet into visions and revealings of Lord
2 I have known/perceived a man in Christ, before/toward years fourteen whether in body, not I have known/perceived, whether out-side of the body not I have known/perceived; the God has known/perceived, being caught away the such one till third heaven.
3 And I have known/perceived such a man whether in body whether apart/out-of from the body not I know/perceive, the God has known/perceived.
4 That he was caught-away into the Paradise and hears un-declarable declarations which not permitting to man to speak.
5 Over of the such one will I shall be boasting, over yet myself I shall not be boasting except in my infirmities/weaknesses.

Upvote 0