Revelation 1:7 "....and every eye shall be seeing Him......"

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The last days was the 1st century Jewish Revolt which culminated in the days of Wrath and Vengeance on 70Ad Jerusalem.........

1Th 5:2
For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
2Pe 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Rev 3:3
“Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
Rev 16:15
Behold, I am coming as a thief.
Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”
The Last days begin with Christ being sent to earth, speaking to us about the kingdom of God
Hebrews 1
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son

And the last days end at the Day of the Lord where Christ returns as a thief in the night.
He destroys all the wicked all over the earth, and the saints reign over the entire earth with Him.
It is an earth and a heaven with no evil people or things around to bother it. Our current age is still evil, so obviously this is still future.

Galatians 1:4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,

2 Peter 3 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Peter 3 New King James Version (NKJV)
God’s Promise Is Not Slack
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The Day of the Lord
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

There is still loads of unrighteousness in our current earth, and demons causing possessions, so this is still future, new heavens and earth.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Still in the future here. For we do not yet see all dominions serving and obeying Him. And we are not ruling over all the kingdoms under the heavens.
There exist many very poor christians tormented by world powers right now in this evil age in which we live.

Daniel 7:24-28 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

26 ‘But the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.
27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.’

28 “This is the end of the account. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts greatly troubled me, and my countenance changed; but I kept the matter in my heart.”

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hey! It's Jesus up in the clouds...

But where'd He go?

Oh, He's in Russia at the moment. You know we gotta wait 24 hours for everyone else to see Him as well.

He'll probably be back tomorrow.
If you were in Russia, you would see Jesus approaching earth from the third heaven for most of the day, and the armies of heaven following him for the rest of the day as they near earth. And Jesus will have completely descended down to earth by the end of day. And standing on the Mt. of Olives, so at that point Jesus will not be seen by the entire world.

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Still in the future here. For we do not yet see all dominions serving and obeying Him. And we are not ruling over all the kingdoms under the heavens.
There exist many very poor christians tormented by world powers right now in this evil age in which we live.

28 “This is the end of the account. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts greatly troubled me, and my countenance changed; but I kept the matter in my heart.”
Daniel is another whole different topic.....but since you brought it up........

Daniel 12:1 was fulfilled in 70ad.....just ask the Jews........

Daniel 12:1
"In that time Michael shall stand-up, the chief/prince, the great, the one standing over sons of thy people.
And time of distress<06869>, which not ocurred since to become of a nation, until the time, that. And in that time, thy people escape<4422>, Every of the one being found being written in scroll.

The word "TRIBULATION" does not occur in Luke's Gospel.

Luke 21:
23 “But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
For there will be great distress<318> in the land and wrath upon this people.
36 “Yet be being vigilant/watching<69>, in every season<2540> beseeching<1189> that ye should be being strong<2729> to be escaping<1628> all these, the being about to be becoming and to stand before the Son of the Man.

Written BEFORE 70AD

1Th 5:3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them,
as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
Proof that Matthew 24 was fully fulfilled in 70 AD!
Also see: Rapture refuted

The Jewish state, indeed, at this time, was fitly compared to a carcass. The sceptre of Judah, i . e . its civil and political authority, the life of its religion, and the glory of its temple, were departed. It was, in short, morally and judicially dead.

The eagle, whose ruling instinct is rapine and murder, as fitly represented the fierce and sanguinary temper of the Romans, and, perhaps, might be intended to refer also to the principal figure on their ensigns, which, however obnoxious to the Jews, were at length planted in the midst of the holy city, and finally on the temple itself.

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover ; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah ! At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival. How suitable and how kind, then, was the prophetic admonition of our LORD, and how clearly he into futurity when he said "Let not them that are in the countries enter into Jerusalem." Luke xxi. 21.

Nevertheless, the city was at this time crowded with Jewish strangers, and foreigners from all parts, so that the whole nation may be considered as having been shut up in one prison, preparatory to the execution of the Divine vengeance ; and, according to Josephus this event took place suddenly ; thus, not only fulfilling the predictions of our LORD, that these calamities should come, like the swift-darting lightning" that cometh out of the east and shineth even unto the West," and " as a snare on all of them (the Jews) who dwelt upon the face of the whole earth " (Matt. xxiv. 27, and Luke xxi 35,) but justifying, also, his friendly direction, that those who fled from the place should use the utmost possible expedition.

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative

OK what is your understanding of the fulfillment of these verses.?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
OK what is your understanding of the fulfillment of these verses.?
Can we agree those highlighted verse have not yet happened.
v24-26 describe the kingdom of Antichrist, the beast.
God will render His judgement and give all the world to His people at His return.
Do you remember Jesus saying the meek shall inherit the earth?
The millennial kingdom then.

The saints are given into the hands of the beast for a season, just as Rev 13:7 says, which is the same as Daniel 7:25.
Rev 13
4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear. 10 He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Can we agree those highlighted verse have not yet happened.
v24-26 describe the kingdom of Antichrist, the beast.

No we can't

The saints are given into the hands of the beast for a season, just as Rev 13:7 says, which is the same as Daniel 7:25.
Rev 13
4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

The saints were given into the hands of the papal beast for a (long) season. The papal beast is worshipped by millions today.

7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them.

The papal beast made war with the saints for centuries. Murdering millions of them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
No we can't

The saints were given into the hands of the papal beast for a (long) season. The papal beast is worshipped by millions today.

The papal beast made war with the saints for centuries. Murdering millions of them.
The Pope system is still very much intact. So it is not been slain. Popes continue to be elected. And it was not just one pope who persecuted christians, it was many popes over many centuries.
Daniel 7
11 “I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
The Pope system is still very much intact. So it is not been slain.

The Papacy doesn't have the power to persecute as he did in the past. Although he has always said if he had the power he would do it again.

The papacy lost its power in AD 1870 when his dominions were taken away.
All the beasts in Daniel 7 were dynasties. The fourth beast is Rome. It still exists in the papal dynasty. The pope is only the littele horn that came from the beast. (The last head.)

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yogi71

Sep 20, 2019
NE
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Someone in this thread asked about explaining how everyone can see Jesus ...scientifically. the impact of Rev.8:8 will eject material right out into space! As seen elsewhere in our solar system, the debris will become ionized from the particles in the solar wind making them cuild up a charge until the "clouds" begin to glow like the auroras. (plasma)
bigsur0.jpg

earthhitfix.png

Untitled.jpg

Face_CARM.png

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Someone in this thread asked about explaining how everyone can see Jesus ...scientifically. the impact of Rev.8:8 will eject material right out into space! As seen elsewhere in our solar system, the debris will become ionized from the particles in the solar wind making them cuild up a charge until the "clouds" begin to glow like the auroras. (plasma)
View attachment 263521
Cool pic.....................

313593_bb15c17dc9cefd0a1fc8c0e447eb266b.png

Upvote 0