Revelation 1:7 "....and every eye shall be seeing Him......"

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Revelations 6, how would you explain this, from a scientific vantage point? Get real.
If the stars are the heavenly host, then they are angelic and performing their duties.
Jesus also mentions the stars falling to earth. When they come down to earth, the sky is darkened.
The covering over the earth is ripped away, and the whole earth is like smashed flat. And every eye sees Him returning. Reality as man knew it , everything is changing

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.

13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
His return wont take days, it is called THE DAY.
Well, you are speaking about the specific day that Jesus returns to earth.

How many hours of the earth make up a day? In a 24 hour period, at the beginning of it, them on part of the earth could see the clouds of the third heaven parting, revealing Jesus and his armies of heaven.

Then as the earth rotates, during the 24 hours, everyone could see Jesus and his armies of heaven descending to earth getting closer and close until His foot touches down on the Mt. of Olives. All taking place over a 24 hour period - a day.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Revelations 6, how would you explain this, from a scientific vantage point? Get real.
If the stars are the heavenly host, then they are angelic and performing their duties.
Jesus also mentions the stars falling to earth. When they come down to earth, the sky is darkened.
The covering over the earth is ripped away, and the whole earth is like smashed flat. And every eye sees Him returning. Reality as man knew it , everything is changing
A flat earth? I don't think so. Days are created by the earth rotating on its axis. Years are created by the earth's rotation about the sun.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Well, you are speaking about the specific day that Jesus returns to earth.

How many hours of the earth make up a day? In a 24 hour period, at the beginning of it, them on part of the earth could see the clouds of the third heaven parting, revealing Jesus and his armies of heaven.

Then as the earth rotates, during the 24 hours, everyone could see Jesus and his armies of heaven descending to earth getting closer and close until His foot touches down on the Mt. of Olives. All taking place over a 24 hour period - a day.

Sorry but everyone experiences this day at the same time. Everyone is destroyed in a sudden destruction at His return, not over a period of hours, days or a month.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry but everyone experiences this day at the same time. Everyone is destroyed in a sudden destruction at His return, not over a period of hours, days or a month.
No, it is not "sudden" as instantaneous.

Once Jesus is standing on the Mt. of Olives, there is a sequence that has to happen, probably over the course of an hour or two (a complete guess by me). It will take place at the temple mount, Jesus standing on the mount of Olives. Read the verses, color coded in sequence. blue, maroon, red.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And you have already said it takes Him 45 days to come back from when some few people see Him.
I didn't write when some few people see Him. The entire world will see Jesus in the sixth seal event. We aren't told how long, days, or weeks, of how long the world will see Jesus before the throne of God, before the clouds of heaven close back. And the kings of the earth gather their armies at Armageddon to make war on Jesus, in His expected descent to earth to execute judgment on him.

What I wrote was that there are 45 days from the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, until Jesus comes in the clouds of heaven down to earth. My comments in brackets.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days [on my chart] shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [this is the sixth seal event]

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in [the third ] heaven:[in Revelation 6 the sixth seal, Jesus appearing in the third heaven before the throne of God] and then [45 days later, after the armies have gathered to make war on Jesus] shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory [the Revelation 19 event].

upload_2019-9-14_20-41-37.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I didn't write when some few people see Him. The entire world will see Jesus in the sixth seal event. We aren't told how long, days, or weeks, of how long the world will see Jesus before the throne of God, before the clouds of heaven close back. And the kings of the earth gather their armies at Armageddon to make war on Jesus, in His expected descent to earth to execute judgment on him.

What I wrote was that there are 45 days from the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, until Jesus comes in the clouds of heaven down to earth. My comments in brackets.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days [on my chart] shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [this is the sixth seal event]

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in [the third ] heaven:[in Revelation 6 the sixth seal, Jesus appearing in the third heaven before the throne of God] and then [45 days later, after the armies have gathered to make war on Jesus] shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory [the Revelation 19 event].

/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The Day of the Lord is a single Day, all the events of that Day occur at His appearing, not 45 days later after some people start seeing Him.
That appearing is a sudden destruction on that Day of His appearing, none can escape.
It is positively painful for you to believe and say something vastly different from scripture.

2 Peter 3, “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also, and the works that are therein shall be burned up

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Day of the Lord
1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

2 Timothy 4:8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Somehow I could not respond to Doug's post directly, it kept putting what I wrote inside his.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The Last Day is the Day of the Lord and occurs on the Day when He returns. The resurrection of the dead does not take days or months, believers will be changed in an instant. A lot happens on this Last Day ncluding the judgement and the destruction of all the wicked.

John 6:39
This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
John 6:40
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:54
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 11:24
Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
John 12:48
He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The following commentary is not considered as "full preterism" by CF, as it is related to judgement on 70AD Jerusalem [Revelation 18 and 19]and NOT the final end time resurrection and white throne judgement..........
Statement of Purpose - Eschatology Forum Statement of Purpose
Partial Preterism:
Partial preterism
holds that most eschatological prophecies, such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrists, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ, were fulfilled either in AD 70 or during the persecution of Christians under the Emperor Nero. The Second coming and the resurrection of the dead, however, have not yet occurred in the partial preterist system.

Every Eye Shall See Him | Don K. Preston | Preterist Archive

When attempting to explain that Jesus returned at the fall of the Old World of Judaism in 70 AD (SOC), one of the first objections offered is Revelation 1:7, "Behold, he cometh with the clouds and every eye shall see him, and they also that pierced him, and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him." One detractor challenged this scribe: "Did every eye see him (Christ) in 70 A.D.?

Did your eye see him? I know my eye did not see him in 70 A.D
.." Such objections are to be expected when a person has deep-seated traditional concepts about the coming of Jesus. We must be prepared to show these ideas to be Biblically untenable. Let us examine this passage in its context and seek to discover its true significance.

Historical Background

It seems to have escaped the notice of those who offer Revelation 1:7 as proof of a yet future coming of Jesus that this verse is taken directly out of the book of Zechariah; and as we shall see Jesus also uses this verse in the great eschatological discourse of Matthew 24. Surely the Bible student will want to be fully aware of how the verse is used in those contexts.

As shown Zechariah 12:10 is the background for Revelation 1:7 and the context demands the event be in the first century generation. But our Lord also employed the language of Zechariah/Revelation in such a way that all controversy as to WHEN it would happen should be dispelled. In the famous apocalypse of Matthew 24 our Lord predicted the destruction of Jerusalem. Among amillenialists there is a consensus that all verses of chapter 24 prior to verse 36 are referent to the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D.70. A good representation of the amillenial view is Roy Deaver's little tract, "Premillenialism: Matthew 24 and 25 Do Not Teach It."

In Matthew 24:29-31 Jesus adopts the classical style of Jewish apocalyptic literature in describing the fall of the Theocracy. In verse 30 Messiah quotes Zechariah 12:10 as occurring when the Son of Man would be seen "coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." Now notice the emphatic time statements.

In verse 32 Jesus tells the parable of the fig tree. When the predicted events began to be seen by the apostles and disciples they were to "know it is near, even at the doors." He then avers in positive terms, "Verily, I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, until all these things shall be fulfilled" v.34. Our Lord has specifically told us when he would come with the clouds, cf. Rev.1:7, when he would be seen by all those who pierced him. It would be in his generation.

In confirmation of the time frame of his coming with the clouds in judgment one needs to examine Matthew 16:27-28 and compare Revelation 22:12. There is absolute harmony and unity between all these verses. In Matthew 16:27-28 Jesus promised to return in judgment with the angels in the lifetime of his disciples. In Matthew 24 he promised to come and be seen by those who had pierced him and it was to be in that generation. In Revelation he would be seen by those who had pierced him and, "Behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me to give to every man according as his work shall be," Rev.1:7; 22:12.

It is important to note a passage which is related to the Zechariah 12/Revelation 1 texts.

As Jesus stood before Caiaphas the high priest implored him to dispel their doubts and tell them if he was indeed Messiah. Jesus' response is important to the study of Revelation 1:7,"Thou hast said: Nevertheless, I say unto you, Here after shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power and coming in the clouds of heaven."

In this passage we have the identical elements as in Revelation 1:7. In Revelation we are told that those who pierced him would see him. In Matthew Caiaphas, one of the chief instigators of Jesus' crucifixion is told he would witness Jesus' return. In Revelation the Lord was to return with the clouds. In Matthew Jesus promised to return in the clouds. In Matthew Caiaphas is told he would personally witness the return; in Revelation the event was "at hand" and "Behold, I come quickly."

Just a word here about the coming in the clouds. The mind set which demands a literal return on the physical clouds needs further study in the Biblical usage of the concept.

Clouds are depicted as the "chariots of God" and indicative of his MAJESTY. In Job 22:12ff Job exalts Jehovah as the one who is in the height of heaven and covered with thick clouds. In Psalm 18 which is a highly apocalyptic description of David's deliverance from Saul the former shepherd tells how Jehovah "bowed the heavens...and came down with darkness under his feet, he rode upon a cherub, and flew; He flew upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness His secret place; His canopy around Him was dark waters and thick clouds of the skies." Now one can look but in vain to find a physical event matching these words. Jehovah had acted to deliver his servant and thus he had come. He had acted and his actions had vindicated his righteousness, thus he was depicted as coming in majesty in the clouds. Psalm 68:32-35 also speaks of God who "rides on the heaven of heavens" and "his strength is in the clouds." Again the concept is his majesty and sovereignty. Psalms 104:3 tells us God "makes the clouds his chariots" and "walks on the wings of the wind."

The idea of God's coming in the clouds is also associated with the exercise of his sovereignty in JUDGING his enemies. In Isaiah 19 Jehovah "rides on a swift cloud and will come into Egypt." We know from chapter 20 that it was the Assyrians who were God's instrument of wrath on Egypt, see Isaiah 20:1-4; yet it is said that Jehovah was coming on a cloud. In Zephaniah 1:14-16 we are told the "great day of the Lord is near;" and that it would be a day of "wrath," "distress," and a "day of clouds," when the Lord would come. We know this is a prediction of the impending judgment on Jerusalem, 1:4ff. This judgment came in 606-586 BC. Similar language is found in Nahum in the prediction of Nineveh's fall. Jehovah "has his way in the whirlwind...and the clouds are the dust of his feet." El Shaddai would come, the mountains would melt, the earth would be destroyed at his presence when he came on the clouds. We know that Nineveh was destroyed, not by a literal coming of Jehovah out of heaven on the clouds, but by the invading armies of the Chaldeans and Medes in approximately 612 BC. Homer Hailey's book, A Commentary on the Minor Prophets, is a good commentary to study.

Summary:
We have attempted to demonstrate that Revelation 1:7 has three distinct concepts behind it which mitigate against a futuristic interpretation. First, the Old Covenant backgound as applied by Jesus in Matthew 24 to the destruction of Jerusalem. Second, the coming in the clouds as an identifying factor. The one coming in the clouds was to be associated with sovereignty, majesty, and judgment. A literal coming was not envisioned. Thirdly, the emphatic time limitations of the text. John's vision was to "shortly come to pass"; Jesus said he was coming "quickly," 22:12.

It is strange indeed that such a literalistic interpretation has been imposed on Revelation 1:7 when this violates not only the symbolic context of Revelation but the inspired interpretation (Matthew 24:30-34) of the source of the verse (Zechariah 12:10.) Let us be more careful students of the Word.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Day of the Lord is a single Day, all the events of that Day occur at His appearing, not 45 days later after some people start seeing Him.
The Day of the Lord begins when the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claims to have achieved God-hood in 2Thessalonians2:4. In 1Thessalonians5, it indicates the world will be saying "peace and safety" when the beginning of the Day of the Lord catches them off guard.

The Day of the Lord continues into the millennium, and extends into eternity forever. There is no end to the Day of the Lord.

In the sixth seal, it is referring to the Day of the wrath of the Lamb, to take vengeance on behalf of all them persecuted and martyred in the fifth seal.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

During the 45 days, following the sixth seal event, the sign of the Son of Man in (the third) heaven, the armies gather at Armageddon to prepare to make war on Jesus when He comes to execute judgment on the wicked. And also that the last vial of God's wrath be poured out, the seventh vial in Revelation 16:17-20. I show it on my chart.

upload_2019-9-15_9-39-15.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The Day of the Lord begins when the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claims to have achieved God-hood in 2Thessalonians2:4. In 1Thessalonians5, it indicates the world will be saying "peace and safety" when the beginning of the Day of the Lord catches them off guard.

The Day of the Lord continues into the millennium, and extends into eternity forever. There is no end to the Day of the Lord.

In the sixth seal, it is referring to the Day of the wrath of the Lamb, to take vengeance on behalf of all them persecuted and martyred in the fifth seal.

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Sorry but the Day of the Lord is also the destruction of this current age and the judgement. And is a singular DAY, not DAYS, It is sudden, it is quick, there is no more delaying or processing of the wicked, you are thinking in human terms and understanding.

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:8
who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:13
each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 5:5
deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Peter 2:12
having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

2 Peter 2:9
then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment,

2 Peter 3:7
But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

Philippians 1:10
that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,

Philippians 2:16
holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

1 John 4:17
[ The Consummation of Love ] Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

Jude 1:6
And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

Revelation 6:17
For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry but the Day of the Lord is also the destruction of this current age and the judgement. And is a singular DAY, not DAYS, It is sudden, it is quick, there is no more delaying or processing of the wicked, you are thinking in human terms and understanding.
I am not calling the 45 days - exclusively the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord will have begun long before the 45 days take place. The "Day" in the Day of the Lord is not a 24 hour day. The Day of the Lord lasts for eternity and has no end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I am not calling the 45 days - exclusively the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord will have begun long before the 45 days take place. The "Day" in the Day of the Lord is not a 24 hour day. The Day of the Lord lasts for eternity and has no end.
The Day is signifying a change in reality and is not a process of a long period of time , what occurs happens fast, quickly on that Day.
The DAY of the Lord, is different from the LAST DAYS. The last days come before the DAY but also include the Last Day as the DAY of His returning.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Day is signifying a change in reality and is not a process of a long period of time , what occurs happens fast, quickly on that Day.
The DAY of the Lord, is different from the LAST DAYS. The last days come before the DAY but also include the Last Day as the DAY.
I never said that the Day of the Lord was a process.

The destruction of this present earth and heaven takes place at the end of the millennium rule of Jesus.

Peter referred to that destruction as taking place at the time of the Day of the Lord. Which Revelation 20:11 has taking place over a thousand years after the Day of the Lord (Day of Christ) Paul wrote about in 2Thessalonians2, and the Day of the Lord beginning in 1Thessalonians5.

The Day of the Lord has no end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The gathering of the beast's armies is not because people see Him coming on the clouds of Heaven (clouds are the heavenly host of angels of God, the dead in Christ whom God will bring with Him and we who are left alive after the tribulation are caught up to be with Him at His coming for the battle at the Day of the Lord, which battle will start and end in that one Day.

14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

That gathering is because God has put this into their hearts to be gathered to Armageddon.
Revelation 16, and also notice v15, which signifies Christ's return is imminent and he has not yet come for His saints on the earth, no rapture yet, the sudden destruction is imminent.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

16 And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

Revelation 17:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.

THAT IS WHY THEY ARE GATHERED TO ARMAGEDDON. Not because they have seen Christ slowly returning over a period of 45 days and have decided they need to mobilize and fight a battle with Him.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The DAY of the Lord, is different from the LAST DAYS. The last days come before the DAY but also include the Last Day as the DAY of His returning.
The last days was the 1st century Jewish Revolt which culminated in the days of Wrath and Vengeance on 70Ad Jerusalem.........

1Th 5:2
For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
2Pe 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Rev 3:3
“Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
Rev 16:15
Behold, I am coming as a thief.
Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover ;
Nevertheless, the city was at this time crowded with Jewish strangers, and foreigners from all parts, so that the whole nation may be considered as having been shut up in one prison, preparatory to the execution of the Divine vengeance ; and, according to Josephus this event took place suddenly ; thus, not only fulfilling the predictions of our LORD, that these calamities should come, like the swift-darting lightning" that cometh out of the east and shineth even unto the West," and " as a snare on all of them (the Jews) who dwelt upon the face of the whole earth " (Matt. xxiv. 27, and Luke xxi 35,) but justifying, also, his friendly direction, that those who fled from the place should use the utmost possible expedition.
=======================
Revelation 18:8 Thru this in one day shall be arriving<2240> Her blows, death and sorrow and famine.
And in fire She shall be utterly burned<2618>, that strong Lord the GOD, the One judging Her.
======================================
Jer 2:26
“As the thief is ashamed when he is found out,
So is the house of Israel ashamed;
They and their kings and their princes, and their priests and their prophets,
Hos 7:1
“When I would have healed Israel, Then the iniquity of Ephraim was uncovered, And the wickedness of Samaria.
For they have committed fraud; A thief comes in;
A band of robbers takes spoil outside.

Zec 5:4
“I will send out the curse,” says the LORD of hosts;
“It shall enter the house of the thief And the house of the one who swears falsely by My name.
It shall remain in the midst of his house And consume it, with its timber and stones.”

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

While Jerusalem was a prey to these ferocious and devouring factions, every part of Judea was scourged and laid waste by bands of robbers and murderers, who plundered the towns; and, in case of resistance, slew the inhabitants, not sparing either women or children. Simon, son of Gioras, the commander of one of these bands, at the head of forty thousand banditti, having with some difficulty entered Jerusalem, gave birth to a third faction, and the flame of civil discord blazed out again, with still more destructive fury.
The three factions, rendered frantic by drunkenness, rage, and desperation, trampling on heaps of slain, fought against each other with brutal savageness and madness. Even such as brou't sacrifices to the temple were murdered. The dead bodies of priests and worshippers, both natives and foreigners were heaped together, and a lake of blood stagnated in the sacred courts. John of Gischala, who headed one of the factions, burnt storehouses full of provisions ; and Simon, his great antagonist, who headed another of them, soon afterwards followed his example. Thus they cut the very sinews of their own strength.

At this critical and alarming c onjuncture, intelligence arrived that the Roman an army was approaching the city. The Jews were petrified with astonishment and fear ; there was no time for counsel, no hope of pacification, no means of flight:-- all was wild disorder and perplexity :- nothing was to be heard but "the confused noise of the warrior, " -- nothing to be seen but garments rolled in blood," -- nothing to be expected from the Romans but signal and exemplary vengeance.
A ceaseless cry of combatants was heard day and night, and yet the lamentations of mourners were still more dreadful. The consternation and terror which now prevailed induced many inhabitants to desire that a foreign foe might come, and effect their deliverance. Such was the horrible condition of the place when Titus and his army presented themselves, and encamped before Jerusalem ; but, alas ! not to deliver it from its miseries but to fulfill the prediction, and vindicate the benevolent warning of our Lord : "When ye see (he had said to his disciples) the abomination of desolation, spoken or by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place, [11] and Jerusalem surrounded by armies (or camps,) then let those who are in the midst of Jerusalem depart, and let not those who are in the country enter into her," for " then know that the desolation thereof is nigh." Matt. xxiv. 15, 21 ; Luke xxi. 20, 1-11. These armies, we do not hesitate to affirm were those of the Romans, who now invested the city. From the time of the Babylonian captivity, idolatry had been held as an abomination by the Jews. This national aversion was manifested even against the images of their gods and emperors, which the Roman armies carried in their standards ; so that, in a time of peace, Pilate, and afterwards Vitellius, at the request of some eminent Jews, on this account avoided marching their forces throu' Judea. Of the desolating disposition which now governed the Roman army, the history of the Jewish war, and especially of the final demolition of the holy city, presents an awful and signal example. Jerusalem was not captured merely, but, with its celebrated temple, laid in ruins. Lest, however, the army of Titus should not be sufficiently designated by this expression, our LORD adds, "Wheresoever the carcass is, there will the eagles be gathered together." Matt. xxiv. 28. The Jewish state, indeed, at this time, was fitly compared to a carcass. The sceptre of Judah, i . e . its civil and political authority, the life of its religion, and the glory of its temple, were departed. It was, in short, morally and judicially dead. The eagle, whose ruling instinct is rapine and murder, as fitly represented the fierce and sanguinary temper of the Romans, and, perhaps, might be intended to refer also to the principal figure on their ensigns, which, however obnoxious to the Jews, were at length planted in the midst of the holy city, and finally on the temple itself.

Upvote 0

Messenger 3k

Aug 4, 2018
New Jersey
✟38,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But because of the earth's rotation everyone will see Jesus

Hey! It's Jesus up in the clouds...

But where'd He go?

Oh, He's in Russia at the moment. You know we gotta wait 24 hours for everyone else to see Him as well.

He'll probably be back tomorrow.

Upvote 0