North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
I've just been to a friends house and seen a new programme called 'Rev' - well I say new - I saw about 3 episodes?
I thought it was very funny and so I wondered what others on here thought?
I particularly love the Archdeacon - especially as he thanks everyone for their tea before pouring it down the sink :D

TomUK

What would Costanza do?
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2004
Lancashire, UK
✟62,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
It's a great show. Whereas in the Vicar of Dibley, the church and religion was almost incidental to the comedy it is right at the forefront in rev and in many cases rather close the bone!

I was actually quite moved by the most recent episode (about the breakdown of the 'media' priest).

I partly dislike it because i think there's a mild liberal agenda, but it's so funny i can be prepared to overlook that!

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I work in an area of deprivation in a city.
I have to admit I howled with laughter at the day to day hassel's faced by the Rev. as he does the best he can to care for his parishnor's with so few resources and church politics.

This is the most accurate portrayal I have seen of an ordinary person doing their best to fill Gods extra-ordinary calling to be a priest in an inner city area. Yes it is charactured but we have a female Colin, a reader like Nigel and an influx in June and July of people wanting their older children baptized just to secure a place in the local church school. Its so nice to see a real vicarage instead of something Georgian in a place that no longer exists.

Love the vignettes of people you find in real inner city churches.

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Yeah I agree - its not quite the Vicar of Dibley but I do think its trying to be different - from what I know of Anglican life I think its virtually spot on lol!
I'm so glad that it shows people in the Priesthood who arn't looking down on the congregation, because that isn't the case at all.
I love the Reader Nigel - he is just so funny!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being an American, we don't get a whole lot of British shows except for a few here and there and BBC stuff. Anyway, I saw some show that was about a Church of England parish. It was rather funny but I turned it off when they had a female "priest." I'm opposed to W.0. so that was all she wrote with that show. :wave:Don't know the name of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums