Rev 11- 1st 3.5 years of Final 7 not a time of peace, after all?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will agree, this man WAS God inside, but God with a human body. Therefore He qualified as soon as He rose from the dead. In other words, it COULD NOT be God that was worthy. It had to be a man that became the redeemer.

You still have not explained why no man was found in that first search! Try again.

No man was found worthy Jesus was found worthy. He had a human body with a spirit inside to give life: the very definition of a man. He was found worthy AS A MAN, not as God. We understand God is all powerful - but this is one thing an all powerful God could not do: break those seals. It had to be a man - but a man who rose from the dead to become the redeemer.
Jesus was not of the seed of Adam. He was God entered into the world, becoming a man, but from the seed of the woman.

No man from the seed of Adam, which is everyone but Jesus, can be worthy to take away the sins of world to redeem man, us from the seed of Adam, from the fall. Only God is worthy, Jesus, the Lord from heaven.

1Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please, be my guest: find ANY verse before this all the way back to 4:1 where Jesus is in the throne room.

Question: DID Jesus depart earth (ascend) right after telling Mary not to touch Him? John did not show it, but we can see that was Jesus intent.
There doesn't need to be a verse. Jesus was there because he is the one who called John up. That you are making the challenge is only because you have a theory that Jesus wasn't there.

As to your question, I agree with your conclusion. But what you are not getting is that Jesus was in his resurrected body, not in the just been crucified, slain state.

Is this how Mary saw Jesus, before he ascended to heaven?

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
John 16 tells us:
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Notice, the Holy Spirit will be sent WHEN Jesus departs. Jesus departed from earth and went to heaven. And that is when He sent the Holy Spirit down.
When did the special anointing of the Holy Spirit take place? In Acts, pentecost.

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

When Jesus went to heaven, after telling Mary not to touch him, in the same chapter he returns, after having been to heaven (concluded from what he told Mary) and appears to the disciples..

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Where is Jesus at that time?

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was not of the seed of Adam. He was God entered into the world, becoming a man, but from the seed of the woman.

No man from the seed of Adam, which is everyone but Jesus, can be worthy to take away the sins of world to redeem man, us from the seed of Adam, from the fall. Only God is worthy, Jesus, the Lord from heaven.

1Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
I agree. God created the seed that caused Mary to conceive. Then God became the Spirit inside that seed.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
When did the special anointing of the Holy Spirit take place? In Acts, pentecost.

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

When Jesus went to heaven, after telling Mary not to touch him, in the same chapter he returns, after having been to heaven (concluded from what he told Mary) and appears to the disciples..

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Where is Jesus at that time?
He is in the upper room with them!

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There doesn't need to be a verse. Jesus was there because he is the one who called John up. That you are making the challenge is only because you have a theory that Jesus wasn't there.

As to your question, I agree with your conclusion. But what you are not getting is that Jesus was in his resurrected body, not in the just been crucified, slain state.

Is this how Mary saw Jesus, before he ascended to heaven?

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Remember, this is a VISION. God can do things in a vision. We really don't know what Jesus looked like at that moment. Did He look like a real lamb? Did He speak with Ba's? I doubt it seriously! It is symbolic. He died as Israel's passover lamb. HOWEVER: It seems Jesus CHOSE to keep the holes in His hands and feet, and in his side. Maybe, for the sake of this book of Revelation, He chose to look like He really looked when He died. No movie has shown how terrible He looked.

You should be now understand, this is NOT a "theory." It came from Jesus, the head of the church. God wanted to introduce John to the book - because the book would be so important to His revelation. He wanted US to know also. He could have just mentioned the book and told John what was inside. He chose to show John the book while it was still in the hand of the Father. What you are missing: God's PURPOSE in chapters 4 & 5 are to introduce the book, and show how it would be opened, and reveal the timing of the first seals. They are the very context of the first seal - yet people continually pull that first seal out of its first century context.

Remember Rev. 12:1-5 where Jesus chose to show John about His birth and how the dragon attempted to kill Him as a child? We see the entire life of Christ in ONE VERSE! Why did god do it in one verse? The point of the entire chapter is to introduce John to the dragon. He chose to show John what the dragon did when He was a child. He only needed a tiny outline of Christ's life - just enough so we would get the picture of the dragon - after Him from birth.

It is the same in the vision of the throne room: just enough information we can understand that it was a VISION and not reality. Just enough information that we can follow the passing of time, from a time Jesus was NOT found worthy to a later time when He WAS found worthy - one search followed by another and another. John gives us a hint that this search may have been ongoing since the days of Adam.

I suppose you can imagine Jesus is there but just not seen. Do you really think - in a book ABOUT JESUS that God meant for us to learn from the lack of words rather than words showing us something. There are no words that say "He is not here!" But in a book about HIM, if he was there, at the right hand of the Father, it just makes good sense John would have seen Him. But for the moment hold that thought on a back burner...

look at the next hint: a search for one worthy that ended in failure! How amazing God would choose to show failure in this awesome book - yet He did. Why? Because He is making a POINT: it is a throne room WITHOUT Jesus. the first clue flows right into the second. The second clue confirms he first: that John is seeing a throne room of the past. Then God chose to show us the holy Spirit there, when a normal reader, thinking of 95 AD would imagine HE, the Holy Spirit, would be on earth.

Finally we get a final clue: Jesus is suddenly seen in the throne room - where HE WAS NOT a moment before - as if He were just crucified. You see, this is a PICTURE God is drawing for us - a picture showing us TIMING.

I guess we will just not agree in God's purpose in these two chapters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He is in the upper room with them!
So Jesus is not sending the Holy Spirit down from being in heaven, right? When Jesus said, "Receive ye thee, the Holy Ghost"....Jesus is right there in the upper room.

Upvote 0