loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Retired 'Navy SEAL' praising Trump on Fox News was a fake
Fox News ran a story on Oct. 8 about a decorated Vietnam War Navy SEAL and glass artist who created an enormous presidential glass seal he hoped to give to President Donald Trump.

On Thursday, 11 days later, the network retracted the story after being told the Trump supporter never served in Vietnam at all, much less earned commendations for his service.
tulc( :sigh: )

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So now we have three competing threads saying essentially the same thing. Someone more skeptical than I might conclude that the folks who still dream of overturning the last election are awfully desperate for some new way to keep the political pot stirred. :wink:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So now we have three competing threads saying essentially the same thing. Someone more skeptical than I might conclude that the folks who still dream of overturning the last election are awfully desperate for some new way to keep the political pot stirred. :wink:
It's as if Trump collaborated with Fox News on the piece reported.

I think the Russians are behind this too!

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gosh...it's almost like it was current news or something? :scratch:
tulc(wonders if that's why it's here in this forum?) :wave:

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does the President have anything to do with
that guy lying about his past?
...no, but I'm curious: was there some reason he had to be for it to be news? :scratch:
tulc(didn't think this forum was named "Only Things About President Trump Can Be Posted Here forum") :sorry:

• Agree
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does the President have anything to do with
that guy lying about his past?

Hi pat,

I don't know the answer to your question, but there isn't any inference in this thread, so far, that he was. You guys are just gun shy.

It is a news story that a large news agency like Fox news could be so bamboozled, but this guy admits of his own volition that he's been doing it for years and so likely had a lot of people that may have been supporting his claim that caused Fox news to believe the claim without question. It would be interesting to know 'how' Fox news reporters were led to this story. Who was it that one day got the ear of some Fox reporter that said, "Hey, you should do a story on this guy that's a retired and decorated Navy Seal that's made a wonderful glass seal honoring the president"? Was it the artist himself that called up Fox news and asked to have the story done, or someone else? I imagine that Fox news is looking into that.

Credible news agencies have their credibility brought into serious question when such stories come out. This isn't the first time that such a thing has happened, but for a news agency, it can put a serious dent in their credibility and so I imagine they'd really like to know how they came to cover this piece.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's really sad how many middle aged and senior men lie about this.
It's like they went through life feeling they missed their purpose when in reality they are impressive and important just as they are.
You'd be surprised at how many people begin believing fictionalized stories that they have told. I was the president of our union and routinely told testimony regarding events at our work place. As the years would pass, those who had given testimony began changing the sworn to facts and after a few years what they then said occurred was completely different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's really sad how many middle aged and senior men lie about this.
It's like they went through life feeling they missed their purpose when in reality they are impressive and important just as they are.

Especially since the truth is bound to eventually come out & they'll feel a world of shame for their storytelling.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
...no, but I'm curious: was there some reason he had to be for it to be news? :scratch:
tulc(didn't think this forum was named "Only Things About President Trump Can Be Posted Here forum") :sorry:

How many men claim things they didn't do?
How often does it make the news?
Almost never, unless someone well known is involved.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...still not sure what your point is. :sorry:
tulc(wonders if pat34lee might be over thinking this thread?) :scratch:

• Agree
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
...still not sure what your point is. :sorry:
tulc(wonders if pat34lee might be over thinking this thread?) :scratch:

My point is that I'm wondering what the point of the
thread is, other than hoping that a liar supporting
Trump supposedly smirches Trump himself.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi pat,

I contend that your claim isn't the truth. As the story says itself, it was a Navy Seal who has made it his life's mission to check such things out as people claiming to have given in service to their country and are just outright lying This Navy Seal heard the story and began to check it out and it all unraveled. I don't think the 'oh, it only happens when someone well known is involved' is the reason that this particular story came to light. This appears to be the pride of the Navy Seals policing stories that people claim.

Yes, if this man was claiming to be some famous tax accountant who had made this glass seal, it likely would have never been uncovered by other accountants that he wasn't one of them. But this is a case of a man who made up a claim that went to national news and once it went to national news this Navy Seal who wants to protect the reputation of the Navy Seals checked it out. According to the news account, it's what he does.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is that I'm wondering what the point of the
thread is, other than hoping that a liar supporting
Trump supposedly smirches Trump himself.
uhmmm...the point was a news article about a guy lying about something. Usually people just read the OP to find out what a thread is about. :wave:
tulc(tends to not be very subtle about his threads, it's pretty much always just there in the OP) :sorry:

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Or on less skeptical note maybe some people enjoy watching clown show?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I was one of the three. I... don't really care about the last election aside from the amusing amount of salt it generated.

Upvote 0