Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A retired police captain was fatally shot, apparently by looters, at a St. Louis pawn shop early Tuesday amid ongoing unrest across the US over the killings of black people at the hands of police. The death of David Dorn, 77, was reportedly streamed on Facebook Live before the video was removed by the social media company, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. Police have no suspects yet.
Retired Cop Allegedly Shot Dead by Looters

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A retired police captain was fatally shot, apparently by looters, at a St. Louis pawn shop early Tuesday amid ongoing unrest across the US over the killings of black people at the hands of police. The death of David Dorn, 77, was reportedly streamed on Facebook Live before the video was removed by the social media company, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. Police have no suspects yet.

Allegedly?!? Are they daft. I saw the video Mr. Dorn lay dying bleeding out and no one cared and still here this has been posted four times here and only a couple of people responded. People don't care about Dorn because he was a police officer, he was a grandfather, father, and husband that didn't cross the minds of the idiots who wanted a TV. These "protestors" make me sick.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A retired Saint Louis Police Captain, he was murdered early this morning by looters. Go hereto read about it. May his soul rest in peace, and may he be remembered as a hero in morally saner times.

Requiescat In Pace: David Dorn

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Far more people than just one are going to die in the name of getting George Floyd justice. It's sickening.

Sadly, it's not just George Floyd. On top of that are many "accidental" killings of blacks by police.

These police are let off lightly, did not face prison time.

I don't condone killings, but a country keeping a blind eye on injustices is going to breed a massive social inequality.

And social inequality is strongly tied to unrest, crime rates, etc. Countries with high social inequality tend to have high crime rates, significant corruption in the government, defunct law and order.

Things are working by the numbers. YOu can't make something from nothing. I'm afraid prayers would do little to the situation. This situation require a tangible action.

Even God would say NO. You got to fix this yourselves - peacefully.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sadly, it's not just George Floyd. On top of that are many "accidental" killings of blacks by police.

I think he is talking about Antifa and BLM killing people just like they killed this police officer and have beaten others half to death, those people should never ever be defended as if we did something bad. They are the evil ones and I get sick of being seen as evil because I am a white conservative.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about honorable police being killed because of rogue police like Chauvin? It’s much more multifaceted than observers make it. Nobody is going to get rich being a cop unless they are rogue. We need to see the humanity on both sides.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

There are very few such incidents. A police officer is 18 times more likely to be murdered by a black person than to murder a black person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And social inequality is strongly tied to unrest, crime rates, etc. Countries with high social inequality tend to have high crime rates, significant corruption in the government, defunct law and order.

Actually these problems are caused by cultivated, and deliberate, ignorance. What you are seeing is a selfish, ignorant tantrum being thrown by people who should know better. The response by the authorities is also very short-sighted.

But more importantly is the fact that the majority of Americans have withdrawn to a safe distance from this debacle, and will render their opinion of it this fall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

That evens the score. Everyone can go home now.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Actually these problems are caused by cultivated, and deliberate, ignorance. What you are seeing is a selfish, ignorant tantrum being thrown by people who should know better. The response by the authorities is also very short-sighted.

Doesn't make any sense.

The problems are cause by demographic groups who has very little influence and power over society?

If a nation is in disarray, don't you think those who have the strongest influence and power are the ones to blame because they are not using their influence and power for good?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There are very few such incidents. A police officer is 18 times more likely to be murdered by a black person than to murder a black person.

Does this 18x more likely to be killed by a black person justify excessive use of lethal force when police are dealing with blacks?

Does this mean, if I want a black person dead, I can simply call the cops on them since the cops are likely use lethal force?

Do you see how such trend can be exploited by people with bad intentions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I think he is talking about Antifa and BLM killing people just like they killed this police officer and have beaten others half to death, those people should never ever be defended as if we did something bad. They are the evil ones and I get sick of being seen as evil because I am a white conservative.

I see no evidence Antifa was involved in the killing of the retired police chief in question.

In general, the protesters and the looters seem to be two different groups of people.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

These police are let off lightly, did not face prison time.

I don't condone killings, but a country keeping a blind eye on injustices is going to breed a massive social inequality.

Things are working by the numbers. YOu can't make something from nothing. I'm afraid prayers would do little to the situation. This situation require a tangible action.

Even God would say NO. You got to fix this yourselves - peacefully.
There almost twice as many white vs black people killed by police but you never hear about that.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There almost twice as many white vs black people killed by police but you never hear about that.
I've heard about it, for example when it is explained that it mean minorities are over-represented in the numbers of people killed by police. Perhaps you should question the sources you're reading if you've never seen this before.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've heard about it, for example when it is explained that it mean minorities are over-represented in the numbers of people killed by police. Perhaps you should question the sources you're reading if you've never seen this before.
Interesting logic, how would I post it if I had never seen it, my sources seem totally adequate.

Upvote 0