Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This headline surprised me. The trends in Europe eventually make their way to the US.

There is something wrong with it in that a Christian believes in the resurrection or cannot be called a Christian.

Resurrection did not happen, say quarter of Christians - BBC News

The Barna survey this year for the US:

https://www.barna.com/research/jesu...180602473&mc_cid=ff3f1ecfe7&mc_eid=04180cc2e2

Barna_JesusInfographic_v10-3.jpg

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Resurrection did not happen, says NO Christians.

And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.
(1 Corinthians 15:14)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This headline surprised me. The trends in Europe eventually make their way to the US.

There is something wrong with it in that a Christian believes in the resurrection or cannot be called a Christian.

Was talking with a guy earlier who didn't believe in hell and called himself a christian... and another who didn't believe in Noah's Ark saying the same thing seems to be a trend nowadays. The bible says we must live by every word that proceedeth out of hte mouth of God...yet we see some only living by some of the word or being selective with it.

Upvote 0

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Science, but also intellectual and philosophical thought has progressed. It has a trickle-down effect on just about everybody's lives.

"So to ask an adult to believe in the resurrection the way they did when they were at Sunday school simply won't do and that's true of much of the key elements of the Christian faith."

It sounds to me that Rev. Cavanaugh is saying that because of today’s technological progress invading almost all of our daily lives, that the “old time religion”, (the Word of God found in scripture) is being placed on the back burner. Does this sound familiar? Paul encountered that in Athens (Acts 17) when the philosophers accused him of bringing strange things to their ears when he preached to them Jesus and the resurrection. He was called a babbler.

Only 11% of active 2010 Christians don’t believe in life after death? Well, these 200+ persons can’t correctly be called Christian in my opinion. But this is sad. Just like the last verse of Acts 17 says “some believed…” and these included a few men and a woman named Damaris.

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Why both the death and resurrection is a necessity and core doctrine of Christian faith and practice, part 1.

The Incarnation, Christ's death and resurrection is God atoning for our sins, stepping in the gap for us, and condescending to our condition so that we can fully identify with Him.

In the Incarnation, men/women were granted their desire to meet their Maker face to face. He ate our food, held our children, bore our sicknesses, etc. If Christ had not arose from the dead, then He would not have had the victory over sin and death. (Not even sin and death could stand against God in the flesh.) In addition, if he had not risen, then He would not be dwelling in us, and if He dwells not in us, then neither have we victory over sin and death. If God has not victory over sin and death, then sin and death has victory over God. Now, can anything be stronger than God or have victory over Him? Of course not. Sin and death entering the world had to be destroyed, else they would have overcome God's plan of creation and salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Why both the death and resurrection is a necessity and core doctrine of Christian faith and practice, part 2.

With no risen savior, man cannot escape his fallen nature. Scripture commands us to be joined to that which is perfect (GOD, Christ) in order to escape such sin/corruption. However, a man/woman cannot be joined to God without the eradication of sin because sin cannot be joined to God/Christ. Man has no power or means to eradicate sin becasue man cannot pay the price of sin, which is death, and yet still live. What is the value of man's soul? Is it not infinite? Of so, then how can man pay the price to redeem his soul from death? Only an infinite God can pay such an infinite price, and He could only pay that price with the cost of his own life (the value of His life is infinite). If He had not risen from the grave then that price was not paid!

God alone is very Life. Imputed sin separates us from God/Life. Anyone not joined to that Life is necessarily dead. Without a risen Christ, sin remains; therefore, those to whom sin is imputed are necessarily dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Why sweat this article reporting? BBC just announced a quarter of Americans are not Christians.

And?
The organizations doing the polling and the phrasing of questions in polls are important. The last time I checked (about 2years ago), the major and most respected research polls (several years old) shows that about 50 to 60% of Americans identify with Christianity.

I hope the Barna research presented in the OP is correct as it indicates a favorable change in the US. However, the info in the link is confusing. The research included surveys done in 2005 yet the report came out in 2014. Makes no sense. Did they combine 2005 surveys with a 2014 survey?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This headline surprised me.

The trends in Europe eventually make their way to the US.

Well, if that headline surprised you,
what happens when someone prints the truth in the headlines
about the u.s.a. ?
(hope your heart is strong enough for it)
As Jesus says: Pray today for strength and for wisdom to be able to endure to the end.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Love your signature content.
Thanks. :)
Did you hear? Bruce Jenner had his manhood surgically altered to go with the dress. (Not to get into the graphics but you get what I mean? They can't surgically alter DNA. He's still a man. )

• Haha
Reactions: ILuvMyJesus
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
T

This is in my opinion nothing more than closet Satanists trying to make Christians question their beliefs. It is no different than the closet Satanists who infiltrated the Catholic priesthood to molest every boy they could just to have themselves get caught and have Catholics turn away from Catholicism and be ashamed of their religion. Real Catholic priests are NOT paedophiles. I am not Catholic, but I see through what they did. And now this...I dont know of ONE Christian who doubts the Resurrection and if they do doubt it, they ARENT CHRISTIAN!! The Resurrection is why we ARE Christian!! Their article is a bunch of hoopla.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0