Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
(read description below)
ext

This is Buck Angel, he is a transgender man (he was born female and transitioned to male). Like many transmen, he has a vagina. The question is simple, which bathroom should Buck use?

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Who cares what restroom someone uses? As far as I'm concerned people are making a huge deal out of nothing. They could make all public restrooms unisex and I bet nothing significant would come of it.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is obvious that a person that looks like that cannot go into a woman's restroom. If she goes into a men's restroom and tries to mess with a man, she may pay a dear price. However, reverse the situation. Which restroom should a man who looks like a woman use? If he uses the women's restroom, there is the risk of molesting a little girl. If he uses the men's restroom, he risks paying a dear price when some man finds out "she" is really a man.

It seems to me that either a third one-person restroom needs to be used for such sick people or laws need to be made to prevent such sex changes.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is obvious that a person that looks like that cannot go into a woman's restroom. If she goes into a men's restroom and tries to mess with a man, she may pay a dear price. However, reverse the situation. Which restroom should a man who looks like a woman use? If he uses the women's restroom, there is the risk of molesting a little girl. If he uses the men's restroom, he risks paying a dear price when some man finds out "she" is really a man.

It seems to me that either a third one-person restroom needs to be used for such sick people or laws need to be made to prevent such sex changes.
Why assume he is going into a restroom for any reason other than to use the restroom?

The truth is most of us have walked right past a transgender person in a restroom and never knew it. Why make such a fuss?

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When available and practical, I think a single-user restroom would be ideal. What I most dislike about multi-stall restrooms in the United States is that the majority have doors with gaps on the sides, making the occupant visible. This indignity would be simple to resolve with different doors, like ones commonly used in many other countries that provide more complete privacy. I'd be concerned about Buck being the victim of harassment or violence if someone peered in and could see the parts that should be private on all of us in public restrooms. Of course anyone peering in with such scrutiny is atrociously mannered but unfortunately there are such people.

In California single-occupancy public restrooms have become unisex, which is more pragmatic for all. It alleviates the congestion that was routine at women's restrooms, and provides far more privacy for anyone needing it.

When there is no single-user restroom available, Buck should use the men's room.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Watch all these "holy" and "spiritual" Christians bully the man in this thread, trying to take the speck out of his eye when they have a large 4X2 in their own.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
(read description below)
ext

This is Buck Angel, he is a transgender man (he was born female and transitioned to male). Like many transmen, he has a vagina. The question is simple, which bathroom should Buck use?
If she still have a vagina and a uterus, she should go to the ladies bathroom; and perhaps lay off the steroids, (she has facial hair growing for crying out loud) that much testosterone has got to be harmful to the female body

• Agree
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t think he would get a good reception in a women’s room and would probably go unnoticed in a men’s. Obviously he should use the men’s.

I would be comfortable with the US adopting more single room unisex or multi-stall unisex with full private doors/walls as separation. That would make questions like the OP unnecessary.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(read description below)
ext

People should use the bathroom based upon their appearance. Such is as it has been for many millennia. Noone is subject to a genital inspection before they go to the bathroom.

Is anyone volunteering to be a genital inspector ?

I can't believe that some people are making such a big fuss about this ...

Upvote 0

Sara Shaffer

Dec 25, 2018
Florida
✟47,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think he would get a good reception in a women’s room and would probably go unnoticed in a men’s. Obviously he should use the men’s.

I would be comfortable with the US adopting more single room unisex or multi-stall unisex with full private doors/walls as separation. That would make questions like the OP unnecessary.

So we should redo all the bathrooms in the world to accommodate a freak show?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If she still have a vagina and a uterus, she should go to the ladies bathroom; and perhaps lay off the steroids, (she has facial hair growing for crying out loud) that much testosterone has got to be harmful to the female body
What if he came to your church and sat on the front row? What would be your attitude toward him? Would you support him becoming a member of your church, or would you bully him out the door?

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
People should use the bathroom based upon their appearance. Such is as it has been for many millennia. Noone is subject to a genital inspection before they go to the bathroom.

How about if they are gonna take a shower in the locker room?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

He's just another sinner like all the rest of us, and he is made in the image of God (believe it or not), and Jesus made a very strong point about loving those whom we might find difficult to love in the natural. So, God requires that we love that man as we would love ourselves. If we can't, then God would have a serious issue with us, because those who do not love do not know God because God is love. God loves that man and will defend him against any "holy", "spiritual" Christian who will not love him as Jesus loves him.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How about if they are gonna take a shower in the locker room?
I think he would have the common sense not to do that. I wouldn't take a shower in front of others in a locker room, so I would bet my bottom dollar that he wouldn't either. When I was in the Airforce, I saw guys who loved to take showers in front of others, to show off their well-endowed manhood package! I don't think the guy would be like that at all!

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why assume he is going into a restroom for any reason other than to use the restroom?
Most of the time that would be the reason, but fallen man has a tendency to do evil. Why do you think gay men go in different stalls and play footsie? They are not there to relieve themselves of urine, but of sperm. We are talking about SICK heathens, not believers.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What if he came to your church and sat on the front row? What would be your attitude toward him? Would you support him becoming a member of your church, or would you bully him out the door?
I wouldn’t disrespect anybody, even if they are delusional. What I do have a problem with is this expectation that we are supposed to cater to someone’s delusions. Supposed I (a middle aged man) identified as a 12 year old girl? Should I expect society to cater to my delusions to include allowing me to share locker rooms and shower with 12 year old girls?
If we aren't going to cater to a delusional person concerning their age, why should we do it concerning their sex?
Supposed I identified as a blind person? Do you think there is a doctor who would be willing to surgically remove my eyes so I can feel better about myself? No! The doctor would label me with a psychiatric disorder and suggest a good place for me to get help. But if I went to that same doctor and said I identify as a woman, and requested he surgically remove my male sex organs so I can feel better about myself; that same doctor will eventually comply with my request. Do you see anything wrong with this?

Reactions: gadar perets
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So we should redo all the bathrooms in the world to accommodate a freak show?
Relax! I made a suggestion not a mandate and it works just fine where I have encountered the unisex restroom set up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.