150 Reasons For Believing In The Final Salvation Of All

Mankind
150 Reasons For Believing In The Final Salvation Of All Mankind

Large Myths

7 Myths About Universalism

Summary Of The Divine Plan

SUMMARY OF

Psalm 34:21-22

Affliction will slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Those who are loved by God, let his love continually pour from you to one another, because God is love. Everyone who loves is fathered by God and experiences an intimate knowledge of him. The one who doesn’t love has yet to know God, for God is love. The light of God’s love shined within us when he sent his matchless Son into the world so that we might live through him. This is love: He loved us long before we loved him. It was his love, not ours. He proved it by sending his Son to be the pleasing sacrificial offering to take away our sins." ~TPT

Reactions: wendykvw
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God is an infinite fountain of benevolence and beneficence to every human being. He hates nothing that he has made. He cannot hate, because he is love. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good; and sends his rain on the just and the unjust. He has made no human being for perdition.

It has been well observed that although God is holy, just & righteous, he is never called holiness or justice in the abstract, as he is here called Love. This seems to be the essence of the Divine nature, and all other attributes to be only modifications of this.”

God, then, never created a soul knowing it would be miserable forever." ~Dr. Adam Clarke

Reactions: wendykvw
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is an infinite fountain of benevolence and beneficence to every human being. He hates nothing that he has made. He cannot hate, because he is love. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good; and sends his rain on the just and the unjust. He has made no human being for perdition.

It has been well observed that although God is holy, just & righteous, he is never called holiness or justice in the abstract, as he is here called Love. This seems to be the essence of the Divine nature, and all other attributes to be only modifications of this.”

God, then, never created a soul knowing it would be miserable forever." ~Dr. Adam Clarke
Yes:

(please notice both)

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." == 2 Peter 3 NIV

But nevertheless, Christ points out that some will not repent. Some will choose not to repent.

12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. 13 Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

28 And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, 29 for he was teaching them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - English Standard Version

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
150 Reasons For Believing In The Final Salvation Of All

Mankind
150 Reasons For Believing In The Final Salvation Of All Mankind

Large Myths

7 Myths About Universalism

Summary Of The Divine Plan

SUMMARY OF
The most important and only reason not being there. . .the teaching of Jesus in the NT
which excludes it in John 3:18, John 3:36,
as well as the NT teaching of Romans 9:23, where the objects of God's wrath serve a purpose in God's economy--divine love is made manifestly striking when it shines in the midst of wrath and judgment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
He has made no human being for perdition.
Interesting
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
2 Thessalonians 2:
Let no one deceive you by any means; for unless
the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all
that is called God.

God creates all things for His Own Purpose
Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob I have loved,
but Esau I have hated.
Jacob I Have Loved, But Esau I Have Hated
Vessels of Wrath Created By God For Destruction
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known,
endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy,
which He had prepared beforehand for glory,

Meet the "New" God. Same as the Old God.
Psalm 5 :
For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, nor shall evil dwell with You.
5 The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity.
6 You shall destroy those who speak falsehood;
The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.

The Wicked Have No Memorial in Heaven
Psalm 9:
You have rebuked the nations,
You have eliminated the wicked;
You have wiped out their name forever and ever.

6 The enemy has come to everlasting ruins,
And You have uprooted the cities;
The very memory of them has perished.
But the Lord sits as King forever;
He has established His throne for judgment,
8 And He will judge the world in righteousness;

He will execute judgment for the people fairly.

He Loves and He Hates
Psalm 11:
The Lord tries the righteous: but the wicked and
him that loves violence his soul hates.
Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and a horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

The Lord will cut off all remembrance of the wicked
Psalm 34:
The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

NO Future for the wicked
Psalm 37:
Mark the blameless man, and observe the upright;
For the future of that man is peace.
38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together;
The future of the wicked shall be cut off.

Does God create senseless fools?
Psalm 92:
A senseless man does not know,
Nor does a fool understand this.
7 When the wicked spring up like grass,
And when all the workers of iniquity flourish,
It is that they may be destroyed forever.

There will be no memory of the wicked
Psalm 109:
Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the Lord; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
15 Let them be before the Lord continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.
16 Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.

The Lord is Righteous in ALL His Ways
Psalm 145:
The Lord is righteous in all His ways,
Gracious in all His works.
18 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;
He also will hear their cry and save them.
20 The Lord preserves all who love Him,
But all the wicked He will destroy.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But all the wicked He will destroy.

Evidently then, our God whose love never fails, does indeed fail is radical dimensions of failure.

Perhaps His cherished desire to restore the whole creation to find its one head in the Lord Jesus Christ also fails to reach Yah's expectation.

Perhaps every knee bows in/en His Name means a very few, & that by constraint.

Our God always reaches His objective: always!

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Evidently then, our God whose love never fails, does indeed fail is radical dimensions of failure.
Your words, not mine.
Perhaps His cherished desire to restore the whole creation to find its one head in the Lord Jesus Christ also fails to reach Yah's expectation.
His Will is Good and Perfect, and always accomplishes
His stated Purpose.
What a strange, unscriptural sentiment.
Are you really trying to put all this in my mouth?
My post, if you actually read it, rather than just
fire back a stock answer, is that He will destroy
the wicked and cruel man, those who love violence,
and cruel oppressors of their fellow man. The vast majority of the world's population are being oppressed by the minority. That imbalance will continue to grow
until all who call on the name of the Lord will be
saved. Revelation is very clear, the redeemed from the Great Tribulation harvest will be many multitudes.
If you really want to evaluate my position and
discuss it without the cliches, try here.
Justice For The Poor-Reforming the Traditional View of Salvation

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Our God always reaches His objective: always!
Rather, we are actually made to be like God:

"In His image"
we read, and also Christ said of us: "...you are gods..."

Have a look:

John 10:33 "We are not stoning You for any good work," said the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God."
John 10:34 Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?

And that causes us to have actual, real freedom of choice (sometimes called 'free will'_ -- an ability to make choices.

And so, some will choose the Good -- Christ's Way -- and some others will choose against the Good, and continue to choose against the good, even when urged to repent in many ways during life, and given many chances.

Because we have that real freedom to choose, because God made us like Himself, with that real ability of genuine choice.

We are each individual, and we will not all make the same choice.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
His Will is Good and Perfect, and always accomplishes
His stated Purpose.

What a strange, unscriptural sentiment.
Are you really trying to put all this in my mouth?

Yah always accomplishes His purpose in Himself: always.

That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ινα εν τω ονοματ Ιησου παν γονυ καμψη). First aorist active subjunctive of καμπτω, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ινα. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22 ~N.T. Robertson Word Pictures

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yah always accomplishes His purpose in Himself: always.

That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ινα εν τω ονοματ Ιησου παν γονυ καμψη). First aorist active subjunctive of καμπτω, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ινα. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22 ~N.T. Robertson Word Pictures
Platitudes, platitudes, in the valley of decision.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Some will choose the Good -- Christ's Way -- and some others will choose against the Good, and continue to choose against the good, even when urged to repent in many ways during life, and given many chances.

Because we have that real freedom to choose, because God made us like Himself, with that real ability of genuine choice.

We are each individual, and we will not all make the same choice.

We were made "subject to futility NOT WILLINGLY!

Not willingly = ou hekon

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were made "subject to futility NOT WILLINGLY!

Not willingly = ou hekon
Futility is if you try to do something and cannot.

Let's imagine what would be an actual example of futility -- (hypothetical example): It would be futile for us to try to reform perfectly enough on our own by our own efforts alone without Christ, because we could not manage to be as fully righteous on our own as we need to be in order to be acceptable to God and thus allowed to enter heaven if we didn't have Christ and the change in us that God creates through Him, which God does in us when we turn in repentance and faith to rely on Christ.

On just our own goodness and our own good deeds alone, without that redemption from Christ -- even for the most laudable people that have done the most good in the world but don't have Christ -- we would fall short of the needed full goodness, to be the way we need to be to be in heaven.

Now, everyone (from all times in the past) will have a chance to hear the gospel and a chance to repent and believe on Christ in faith, if they will trust Him and be humble and repent -- 1rst Peter chapter 3:18, 19 - 4:6.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good; and sends his rain on the just and the unjust. He has made no human being for perdition.
"Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?" (Romans 9:21)

So, yes there are people who do not believe the Bible is God's word.

Also, for anyone who trusts that the Bible is God's word >

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." (Galatians 6:7-8)

The way you die will be the way you will reap yourself, so you are so much more of how you have become in this life. Once you are out of your physical body, all you will have is how your character has become in your spirit . . . greatly multiplied in "corruption" or in how we have become like Jesus.

In Satan's kingdom there is "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience." (in Ephesians 2:2) This spirit of Satan . . . of selfishness . . . has nasty stuff which people now try not to experience, by using pleasures and religious practices to keep themselves from feeling the deep nasty stuff which can come with arguing and complaining and unforgiveness and obeying dominating and dictatorial drives and demands for pleasure and security for keeping their pleasures going. And there are various ways of fighting for what they want to make themselves feel. But all this does not get their character changed to be like Jesus who is so pleasing to our Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?" (Romans 9:21)

So, yes there are people who do not believe the Bible is God's word.

Also, for anyone who trusts that the Bible is God's word >

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." (Galatians 6:7-8)

The way you die will be the way you will reap yourself, so you are so much more of how you have become in this life. Once you are out of your physical body, all you will have is how your character has become in your spirit . . . greatly multiplied in "corruption" or in how we have become like Jesus.

In Satan's kingdom there is "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience." (in Ephesians 2:2) This spirit of Satan . . . of selfishness . . . has nasty stuff which people now try not to experience, by using pleasures and religious practices to keep themselves from feeling the deep nasty stuff which can come with arguing and complaining and unforgiveness and obeying dominating and dictatorial drives and demands for pleasure and security for keeping their pleasures going. And there are various ways of fighting for what they want to make themselves feel. But all this does not get their character changed to be like Jesus who is so pleasing to our Father.

Our heavenly Lord has power over the absolute all of all things, including clay, and the hummus from which we are made.

"In love he chose us before he laid the foundation of the universe! Because of his great love, he ordained us, so that we would be seen as holy in his eyes with an unstained innocence. For it was always in his perfect plan to adopt us as his delightful children, through our union with Jesus, the Anointed One, so that his tremendous love that cascades over us would glorify his grace —for the same love he has for the Beloved, Jesus, he has for us. And this unfolding plan brings him great pleasure!Since we are now joined to Christ, we have been given the treasures of redemption by his blood—the total cancellation of our sins—all because of the cascading riches of his grace. This superabundant grace is already powerfully working in us, releasing all forms of wisdom and practical understanding. And through the revelation of the Anointed One, he unveiled his secret desires to us—the hidden mystery of his long-range plan, which he was delighted to implement from the very beginning of time. And because of God’s unfailing purpose, this detailed plan will reign supreme through every period of time until the fulfillment of all the ages finally reaches its climax—when God makes all things new in all of heaven and earth through Jesus Christ." ~TPT

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Futility is if you try to do something and cannot.

Let's imagine what would be an actual example of futility -- (hypothetical example): It would be futile for us to try to reform perfectly enough on our own by our own efforts alone without Christ, because we could not manage to be as fully righteous on our own as we need to be in order to be acceptable to God and thus allowed to enter heaven if we didn't have Christ and the change in us that God creates through Him, which God does in us when we turn in repentance and faith to rely on Christ.

On just our own goodness and our own good deeds alone, without that redemption from Christ -- even for the most laudable people that have done the most good in the world but don't have Christ -- we would fall short of the needed full goodness, to be the way we need to be to be in heaven.

Now, everyone (from all times in the past) will have a chance to hear the gospel and a chance to repent and believe on Christ in faith, if they will trust Him and be humble and repent -- 1rst Peter chapter 3:18, 19 - 4:6.

Nothing of the Lord of glory is in the realm of chance!

His purpose is not a giant game of chance.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
iu

Upvote 0