✟8,604.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hiyah Everyone :wave:

Kinda new around here. I am Christian who for some time have lost connection with Jesus. It has been in the back my mind to restart my journey. I am looking forward in learning about the Bible and meet people who can inspire me to grown and walk upon this journey ^_^

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Kinda new around here. I am Christian who for some time have lost connection with Jesus. It has been in the back my mind to restart my journey. I am looking forward in learning about the Bible and meet people who can inspire me to grown and walk upon this journey ^_^

Hello and welcome to CF ... happy to hear you are returning to your first love ... Jesus.

May you be blessed as you reconnect with Him. Amen.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟422,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome to Christian Forums. May the Lord help you in your quest to know Him more.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

It's great to hear that the Lord is drawing you back to Himself. Most believers have similar experiences, it may take some time to settle into a steady walk with the Lord. We tend to wonder away, in the early days but we all discover that true happiness and fullfillment is something that only the Lord can give us.

Upvote 0

Aryne09837

Aug 10, 2020
Sydney
✟8,604.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's great to hear that the Lord is drawing you back to Himself. Most believers have similar experiences, it may take some time to settle into a steady walk with the Lord. We tend to wonder away, in the early days but we all discover that true happiness and fullfillment is something that only the Lord can give us.

I thank you for your messege and for the wisdom regarding having to restart my journey back to God. I notice from your answer from another post regarding prayer, it reminded of a verse, Mt6:6-8 where Jesus spoke about prayer... I am a bit confused, would you be able to explain this verse to me?

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I thank you for your messege and for the wisdom regarding having to restart my journey back to God. I notice from your answer from another post regarding prayer, it reminded of a verse, Mt6:6-8 where Jesus spoke about prayer... I am a bit confused, would you be able to explain this verse to me?
It used to be common practice for people to pray out loud in public, and they would repeat the same prayers over and over again. Jesus rebuked such people because they did it to be seen and to gain respect, so Jesus told His followers to go into their prayer closet as this would remove all distractions so they could focus on God alone.
We should still pray in an audible voice, just as if we were speaking directly with God in our closet. I never prayed out aloud until my pastor preached a sermon about prayer and he showed several Bible verses which suggest we pray out aloud rather than silent prayers.
I found that my whole house became much more peaceful and some unclean spirits left and never returned. So it literally changed my life for the better.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,317.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not sure what lockdown looks like in Australia, here in Germany we are able to physically meet in church but there are sensible precautions in place to do with the Pandemic e.g. no singing in church. But would recommend you get involved in a local church. Many churches have an online presence and you could start meeting with people local to you through Zoom meetings and online meetings if a physical visit is not possible.Just be sure that they preach scripture and follow the basic doctrines that all the churches share and which the Nicene Creed summarises very well. Then just find the one that clicks with you and commit to it.

Upvote 0

Aryne09837

Aug 10, 2020
Sydney
✟8,604.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure what lockdown looks like in Australia, here in Germany we are able to physically meet in church but there are sensible precautions in place to do with the Pandemic e.g. no singing in church. But would recommend you get involved in a local church. Many churches have an online presence and you could start meeting with people local to you through Zoom meetings and online meetings if a physical visit is not possible.Just be sure that they preach scripture and follow the basic doctrines that all the churches share and which the Nicene Creed summarises very well. Then just find the one that clicks with you and commit to it.

Yeah it is a bit different here in Australia. As there is a limited gathering number of people allowed. Thank you for you advice in directing me to other avenues that may help me with my journey :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Welcome to another Aussie. Jesus offers new life, abundant life, a life-force (for want of a better word) that we were not born with. It's the best possible life and I hope you find it soon.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome! Look no further than Jesus Christ of Nazareth. He will fill you with His Holy Spirit so that your journey comes to an end. Be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pam4him

May 15, 2018
Jacksonville
✟25,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome back to the family! I hope you have/find a good strong Bible teaching church to grow in. There's many available online now. But in person when it's available is what was intended. Prayers for peace, strength, wisdom and grace for yourself as you grow.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian