Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I hate seeing any one die from cancer, but we have to remember, she was not a defender of the unborn. Now she has to answer to God. May God have mercy on her. She will be on my prayers.
She's also going to have to give an account for her LGBT standings during her career.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I hate seeing any one die from cancer, but we have to remember, she was not a defender of the unborn. Now she has to answer to God. May God have mercy on her. She will be on my prayers.

She was a defender of our Constitution, which clearly states abortion rights cannot be taken away. People who want abortion to be illegal are really saying they oppose bodily autonomy, every woman's choice not to have a baby or one more baby, and women who accidentally got pregnant when contraception failed or were raped should be treated like second class citizens. They don't care about women; only the zygote or blastocyst even she does not know exists matters to them. Nowhere in the Constitution does unborn lives get the right to live before birth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She was a defender of our Constitution, which clearly states abortion rights cannot be taken away. People who want abortion to be illegal are really saying they oppose bodily autonomy, every woman's choice not to have a baby or one more baby, and women who accidentally got pregnant when contraception failed or were raped should be treated like second class citizens. They don't care about women; only the zygote or blastocyst even she does not know exists matters to them. Nowhere in the Constitution does unborn lives get the right to live before birth.

Those for abortions don't care about babies

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here is one answer to whether rest in peace is in the bible. Is it biblical to say ‘rest in peace’ (RIP) in regards to someone who has died? | GotQuestions.org "At the end of the book of Daniel, an angel speaks of Daniel’s death, saying, “You will rest” (Daniel 12:3). And the prophet Isaiah says, “Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death” (Isaiah 57:2). These two passages are the closest the Bible comes to the idea behind RIP. Still, the exact words rest in peace are not used." The question is did RBG walk uprightly? I think we all know that answer when you apply her decisions to the word of God.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She should be commended for her service to her country.

And the best way to commend her is to honor her dying wish:

RBG’s Dying Words: “My Most Fervent Wish Is That I Not Be Replaced Until a New President Is Installed”

I worry far more about "Sunday Christians" than a valiant woman who worked tirelessly, even attending hearings from her hospital bed, until her dying day to defend human and civil rights.

I believe that God is non-denominational in his mercy--and that he loves the heroes and heroines among us with all his heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hell has another occupant.

Having said that, when I was in law school her husband Martin Ginsburg came to speak. He was engaging and seemed to enjoy the back and forth with this very conservative student. The Ginsburg's and Scalia's were best friends and routinely went to the opera together. An era of civility has ended.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hell has another occupant.

That isn’t your call.

Having said that, when I was in law school her husband Martin Ginsburg came to speak. He was engaging and seemed to enjoy the back and forth with this very conservative student. The Ginsburg's and Scalia's were best friends and routinely went to the opera together. An era of civility has ended.

I last saw Scalia at a funeral about six years ago. He spoke with our faculty after the service sand said “Ruth wanted to be here, but she is in such bad health.” He died a few months later, she made it another six years.

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Joe Biden is not for abortions. I already explained that.
I would be willing to bet the farm he would never say he was 100% against abortion on the campaign trail or the debate coming up. Wish he would, but it will never happen. The liberal left would have a conniption!

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That isn’t your call.

I last saw Scalia at a funeral about six years ago. He spoke with our faculty after the service sand said “Ruth wanted to be here, but she is in such bad health.” He died a few months later, she made it another six years.
She wasn't a believer in Jesus Christ and was hostile to him and God her entire life. According to John 7:24 we may judge with righteous judgment, meaning we may judge against the light of scripture. She wasn't a believer and if we believe that only Christians who are bonded to Christ in his death and resurrection are saved then by definition those who aren't are in Hell. That includes Ginsburg, it will include my parents if they do not repent and billions others. It was us too before God called us to faith.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.