Student at William Jewell
Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟16,028.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Daily Message Readers,

READ: Psalm 139

Psalm 139 (NASB) "You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me."

George Muller, Christian author and writer, once wrote, "The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety."

This statement is indeed true for us as Christians. The very moment we allow anxiety to enter our lives is the same moment we allow our faith to hit a pit of despair. It is also the time we forget the words of the author of Hebrews. Writing about God's presence in our lives, the text says, "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account" (4:13).

This truth about God's nature is both comforting and faith provoking. It is certainly comforting because God stands ready to deliver and rescue us when we are in trouble (Psalm 139:10). It is faith provoking because, as Solomon records, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good" (Proverbs 15:3).

Moreover, in Psalm 139, David provided some comforting words that can help all of us. Though we cannot escape God's presence. He is with us, wherever we go. And I am encouraged that when God turns out the lights at night, He is watching over my life and those I love and pray for each day.

The next time you are tempted or in some kind of perplexing situation, remember the words of psalmist in Psalm 33:13: "The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men." That helps me rest easy--even when the entire world seems out of control.

Faith Lesson: When world seems misplaced, we can put our minds at ease because God's mind is on us.

In Christ,
Darin Smith