Rest and refreshing ?

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Part 1.

God created all by His wisdom ( it is not the wisdom of mankind that creates anything then)

Then here is the Lord';s wisdom, six days God created the world and all therein, and declared the seventh day as a day of rest, that people may be refreshed, even as God rested and was refreshed.

Remembering Daniel 9:27, we understand that God is confirming this came covenant with us, for one week 9 Jesus is cut off ast the end of the week of His life here on earth creating us in Him)...

Exodus 23:12 Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

Exodus 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

That is the pattern of the Heavens, and Christ entering into Heaven itself to appear in the presense of God for us..

Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Now we understand, the patterns of the Heavens are not the Heavens themselves, neither is the rest and refreshing of what was seen on earth, the real rest and refreshing of the Lord therefore, here in Isaiah 28, it is described, how the rest and refreshing was told to Israel, and the world, but they wold not hear, and the covenant that men have with death ( the law of sin and death) was disannuilled, and the precious corner stone would be laid ( Jesus Christ) and the ones who believe are not ashamed and God hastens to establish this for us.

It is confirmed the commandment before was not of life, so it is disannulled, and by that corner stone, we have to repent and be converted to have our sins blotted out before the times of refreshing ( this is the time of judgement of Christ who entered into His rest and refreshing) and restitution of all things..

Isaiah 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
14 Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.
15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
16 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
17 Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

Hebrews 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Exodus 5:4-5 records how Pharoah witnessed Moses giving rest to the people of Israel, Pharoah disapproved, and Lamentations 5:5 records how Israel found themselves again with their necks under persecution, labouring and having no rest.

Deuteronomy 12, had shown the rest and inheritance when the Lord delivered the people out of Pharoah of Egypt's hands, to rest in Israel from their enemies hands.

They would not go to the rest and refreshing, which the Lord said, " this is the the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear, the word of the Lord was precept upon precept to them, to go and fall backwards and be snared.

That stumbling stone, is to believe in, and the heavy laden are given rest, learning to believe in that stumbling stone to find rest unto our souls, whose burden is light..

Exodus 54 And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.
:5 And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest from their burdens.

Deuteronomy 12:9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the Lord your God giveth you.
10 But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the Lord your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;

Lamentations 5:5 Our necks are under persecution: we labour, and have no rest.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

God has said this same word multiple times, for them to return and in rest they shall be saved. Israel would not. The Lord therefore will wait and be gracious to the remnant, and blessed are they then for the waiting of the Lords exaltation to have mercy upon us.

For Zions sake, the Lord will not rest, until His salvation goes forth as a lamb, and the Gentiles shall see the righteousness and glory, and the new name the Lord names ( Jesus Christ and Christianity)

The Lord in Isaiah 61:1 says He will not hold His peace until He sends forth ( His) righteousness through Christ) and in Isaiah 62:6 the watchmen are commanded by the Lord to not hold their peace, to give the Lord no rest until he establishes Jerusalem the praise in the earth ( through Heaven)...

Isaiah 30:15 For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Isaiah 30:18 And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

Isaiah 61:1 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Isaiah 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence,
7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Israel was delivered into the hands of their enemies, they cried to God who gave them judges, and saviors, but after the people of Israel had rest ( including resting on their sabbaths) they did evil again, and God delivered them many times according to His mercy..

Nehemiah 9:27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.
28 But after they had rest, they did evil again before thee: therefore leftest thou them in the land of their enemies, so that they had the dominion over them: yet when they returned, and cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and many times didst thou deliver them according to thy mercies;

That covenant of Israel resting and then doing evil, was not to be continued.

Now not every man teaches his neighbour, nor any of the ways they did at all are remembered, now God is merciful to our unrighteousness and iniquities, as the old covenant ( and all included in it) decayed and waxed old and vanished away...

Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Part 2.

Psalm 16:9 speaks of Davids prayer of his glory to rejoice and his flesh to rest in hope.

Acts 2 speaks of David on this again, of the Lord being at his right side so he wont be moved. His heart to rejoice as his flesh shall rest in hope.

This rest in hope is because his soul would not be left in hell, by making us know the ways of life.

Psalm 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

These things are spoke of more in Psalms by David, to be taught out of the law of the Lord ( the law of Christ to bear one another's burdens/serving one another in love, in liberty and not mans law. Galatians 5:13)

Then God gives man rest from the days of adversity, when the pit is digged for those wicked adversaries.

God speaks of the work the Lord did in the wilderness ( God works when He has works to do non stop for forty years) and swore Israel has not know the Lords ways ( sabbath keeping wasn't it, or anything Israel did which was instead all evil as told) and God swears in wrath Israel shall not enter into His rest ( sabbath rest is not the rest of the Lord then)

Again in Psalms, our soul is to return unto it';s rest, ( in returning and rest shall we be saved Isaiah 30:15) when the Lord deals bountifully with our souls and delivered our soul from death. ( as David had spoke that our soul should not see corruption, resting in hope)

David in Psalm 132, also prays for the Lord to arise and then to be entering into His rest, the ark of His strength ( as the ark also rested on earth, and this now is Heavenly rest after that, 1 Chronicles 6:31)

The priests now clothed with righteousness ( and salvation) and the Lord establishes Christ upon the throne of David, as the Lord chose Zion desired for His habitation, to be His rest forever ( the sabbath rest was not forever, and is therefore not the Lords rest, it was only mans)..

Psalm 94:12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;
13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Psalm 95:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Psalm 116:7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.
8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

Psalm 132:8 Arise, O Lord, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.
9 Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.
10 For thy servant David's sake turn not away the face of thine anointed.
11 The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Acts 7 confirms the above in Psalms, David desiring the tabernacle for God, and the most High does not dwell in the places they keep sabbath, so where is the place of the Lord';s rest?

Acts 7:46 Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.
47 But Solomon built him an house.
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? (Isaiah 66:1)

When the earth became full of the knowledge of the Lord, and there was that root of Jesse, and to whom the Gentiles sought, then His ( the Lord God Jesus Christ) has His glorious rest.

Christ suffered the things witnessed in the law and the prophets, to then enter into His glory ( His rest)

Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Luke 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Which brings us to Hebrews 4, and Israel we know did never enter into the rest of the Lord, ( Israel and others try nmany times to enter into that rest on sabbath day) and the Lord had declared the works (of creation) were finished form the foundation of the world.

As God had rested we see on the seventh day from all of those works ( of creation)

But God spoke in these places, if Israel would enter into His rest.

It was not sabbath rest, so there remains a rest to the people of God, and Israel entered not in ( to Gods rest) because of unbelief.

The belief was, to day, to hear His voice, and God spoke of another day ( apart from sabbath day rest, or resting in Israel from all of their enemies)

God rested from His works on the sabbath day, and then worked again by taking Israel out of Egypt and His works of forty years in the wilderness.

But that was not the rest and the refreshing, it is through faith to labour to enter into that rest of God ( as Christ entered through faith into His glorious and eternal rest for ever, as He said here He would rest and this is the rest for the weary, if they hear and not harden their heart as Israel in the provocation tempting the Lord forty years who sword they shall not enter into His rest)

Revelation 14:13 confirms all of this, the dead which die in the Lord rest from their labours now, as their works they did in Christ loving another, follow them..

Hebrews 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Hebrews 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

In death they rest, as said to Daniel he would rest and then all stand in our lot at the end of days.

Job spoke the same, to have slept and to be at rest, where thew wicked stop from troubling, the prisoners rest together, the small and the great are there and the servant then is free from their master.

Job who was an example of suffering and patience, shows the longing for that death ( and rest in death) as searching for hidden treasures.

Jesus compares this to the Kingdom of Heaven, as finding that hidden treasure ( of rest for ever) and finding this with joy to sell all you have and to buy that field ( of Heavens rest)...

Daniel 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Job 3:13 For now should I have lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been at rest,

Job 3:17 There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the weary be at rest.
18 There the prisoners rest together; they hear not the voice of the oppressor.
19 The small and great are there; and the servant is free from his master.

Job 3:20 Wherefore is light given to him that is in misery, and life unto the bitter in soul;
21 Which long for death, but it cometh not; and dig for it more than for hid treasures;

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

The backsliding are without belief and do not know the new thing God worked in creation on earth after the six days of what was created, for all creation that was for man and not God that was to be made for us on earth.

The woman ( virgin) has the man, who is the Son of man.

This is to put on that new man ( Jesus Christ) created after the image of God, created in righteousness and true holiness ( true holiness was not in the sabbath sanctified day then)

Then anyone in Christ is a new creature, all old ways of Israel and the law have passed away, ( god made all in six days and rested , Christ made all of Heaven for us in His week and on His seventh day rested in His glorious rest and glory He entered into for us) and gave us this ministry of reconciliation reconciling the world unto Himself by Jesus Christ..

Jeremiah 31:22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"The seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD" - Ex 20:10 this is unambiguous.

"tomorrow IS the Sabbath" Ex 16 -- this too is unambiguous.

The seventh day Sabbath - a day of holy convocation Lev 23:3 - is unambiguous.

For 40 years God demonstrated the unambiguous nature of "the 7th day" - the exact day. Those who found that to be too difficult to comprehend would be fasting one day each week until they caught on - for those 40 years.

In the NT
"The Sabbath was made for mankind" Mark 2:27 - is still the rule of Christ

ALL references to a worship service held on Sabbath is a reference to the 7th day. This is irrefutable as we see in the case of "Every Sabbath" Acts 18:4 - having Gospel preaching to gentiles (and to Jews)

This day continues to be remembered for all eternity after the cross in the NEW EARTH of Rev 21 according to Is 66:23 "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship"

Then anyone in Christ is a new creature, all old ways of Israel and the law have passed away,

1. Not true.
2. No text says that.

Hence "do not take God's name in vain" Ex 20:7 one of the Commandments of God known to Jeremiah and his readers - continues to be "written on heart and mind" under the New Covenant.

"Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the Law" Rom 3:31

"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

Where those commandments include the TEN having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

=====================

Nothing convoluted here. No bending or wrenching texts. Just stating the obvious.

The texts quoted here are substantively "disruptive" to every form of speculation that "needs to ignore them"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
"For 40 years God demonstrated the unambiguous nature of "the 7th day" - the exact day. Those who found that to be too difficult to comprehend would be fasting one day each week until they caught on - for those 40 years."

Here is what is actually told, and demonstrated, during, and, regarding that 40 years.

It is because the children of Israel did not believe in the salvation of God ( Israel did not trust in the Lord)...

Psalm 78:19 Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?
20 Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people?
21 Therefore the Lord heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel;
22 Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:

The wrath of God rose against the children of Israel in the wilderness in that 40 years, but they sinned still and continued to not believe in the Lords wondrous works.

Whenever they remembered God ( such as sabbath remembrance...
Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.) thy flattered Him with their mouth and lied unto Him with their tongues( their heart was never right with Him nor could they continue, to be stedfast in His covenant..

Psalm 78:31 The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel.
32 For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.
33 Therefore their days did he consume in vanity, and their years in trouble.
34 When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God.
35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.

God cast out the heathen for Israels inheritance, and after that Israel tempted God and kept not His testimonies, by turning back and dealing unfaithfully like their fathers had in the wilderness, they also turned aside deceitfully, with their high places and graven images...

Psalm 78:55 He cast out the heathen also before them, and divided them an inheritance by line, and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents.
56 Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:
57 But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: they were turned aside like a deceitful bow.
58 For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images.

Then God chose Judah, and chose David, and brought David to feed Jacob His people, and fed them...

Psalm 78:68 But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved.
69 And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever.
70 He chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds:
71 From following the ewes great with young he brought him to feed Jacob his people, and Israel his inheritance.
72 So he fed them according to the integrity of his heart; and guided them by the skilfulness of his hands.

God Himself fed them in a good pasture, as God sought that which was lost, and strengthened the sick, and fed the strong with judgment....

Ezekiel 34:14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God.
16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Israel through Lamentations cry of their persecution, their labouring and no rest.

Jesus speaks to Israel, to come to Him those who are labouring and have no rest therefore, and He will give them rest, as His burden is light...

Lamentations 5:5 Our necks are under persecution: we labour, and have no rest.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Israel laboured and had no rest, they laboured for that which satisfies not, and did not hear the Lord, making an everlasting covenant with them, the sure mercies of David.

Jesus explains to the men of Israel, that the work of God is to believe on the Son of man, to believe on Him who God sent.

Jesus also corrected Israels assumption of God giving anything good to Israel, by saying the true bread is He that came down from Heaven to give life unto the world..

Isaiah 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jesus then had revealed how He replaces manna, and replaces all work that Israel had previously followed, and had died through following.

Now the Lord of the Sabbath gives better than Israel had ever received...

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Apostle Paul went against the unbelieving Jews into their Synagogues, they opposed themselves ( they did not want their sabbath disturbed) so they continued to believe in sabbath day sanctification, but their blood was also upon their own heads was testified to them by Apostle Paul...

Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
5 And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean; from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Now, that we saw Apostle Paul went to the Gentiles, no such things as what the Jews kept, was taught in the faith of Christ, and why we can understand, one sabbath to another, is the week, and the men of Israel that we see continued to transgress against the Lord ( as told to Israel from henceforth their blood was upon their own heads) have their worm not dieing in unquenchable fire..

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
"Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the Law" Rom 3:3

Where those commandments include the TEN having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2"

WE ESTABLISH THE LAW?

The just are established, not the wicked they are ended. The lip of truth is established, the lying tongue is cut off. The Lord destroys the proud house ( of Israel) but establishes the widow who Israel did not visit ( they had no faithful law of kindness)..

Psalm 7:9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

Proverbs 12:19 The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.

Proverbs 15:25 The Lord will destroy the house of the proud: but he will establish the border of the widow.

The last days and the mountain of the Lord is established, to be exalted above the hills, and His peace ( rest) never ends, upon the throne of David, to establish it with judgment and with justice for ever, and in mercy the throne was established ( in the love of Christ, not law and mercilessness) and He sits upon the throne in truth ( truth is established) judging and seeking judgment and hasting righteousness ( not sin in the law of sin and death)..

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

This is the day of salvation, the covenant of the people, which established the earth, the everlasting covenant...

Isaiah 49:8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;

Ezekiel 16:60 Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

Israel being ignorant of Gods righteousness, go about to establish their own righteousness ( through the law they continue to keep and break)

But submitting ourselves to the righteousness of God, Christ is the end of the law for righteousness, to every one that BELIEVES, IN THE LAW OF FAITH

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The BETTER COVENANT IS ESTABLISHED UPON BETTER PROMISES, He took away the first, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND..

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Hebrews 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

BE NOT CARRIED AWAY WITH STRANGE DOCTRINES ( OF LAW) for it is good that the heart be ESTABLISHED WITH GRACE, NOT WITH MEATS, IT WONT PROFIT THEM...

Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Grace and peace ( the rest of the Lord) is multiplied through the knowledge of God, of Jesus our Lord, by the exceeding great and precious promises, and giving all dilligence add to your faith virtue, and to virtue knowledge...

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2 Peter 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Giver dilligence to make your calling and election sure, to do the things of faith and mercy, and the entrance is ministered unto us into the everlasting Kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, to be ESTABLISHED IN THE PRESENT TRUTH..

2 Peter 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

Upvote 0