Responsible vs. Irresponsible Parenting: A Quiz!

RooMama

FKA AmyR00
Aug 10, 2005
✟9,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I got 6.
Questions 5 (I have 2 non-walkers so it's hard for me *pout*), 18 (when my kids are older, I'm hoping to reclaim my identity), 19 (well, it doesn't here, but it does on another forum I go to, although that one is for mothers), and 23 (only 'cuz they had a kid with them:sorry:).

I enjoy reading y'all's forum because I like to learn about people who are different from me, so I hope you don't mind me lurking.

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I got 6.
Questions 5 (I have 2 non-walkers so it's hard for me *pout*), 18 (when my kids are older, I'm hoping to reclaim my identity), 19 (well, it doesn't here, but it does on another forum I go to, although that one is for mothers), and 23 (only 'cuz they had a kid with them:sorry:).

I enjoy reading y'all's forum because I like to learn about people who are different from me, so I hope you don't mind me lurking.

I'm going to deduct your points for number 23, since the spirit of the question (IMO) means you assumed someone had kids in the abscence of evidence apart from their age or marital status. (*see Funny Story below*) So you're down to five. :clap:

Funny Story: Mrs. Homie and I were at Walt Disney World, having supper in the 50's Prime Time Café. We struck up a conversation with a family at the table next to us. Eventually the conversation went something like this:

MOM FROM OTHER TABLE: Y'all newlyweds?

ME: No, we've been married 7 years.

MOM: Y'all hire a babysitter for your kids?

ME: No, we don't have kids.

MOM: Oh, you left at home with their grandparents.

ME: No, we don't have kids.

MOM: *crickets chirping*

...and the conversation came to an abrupt end right there! :eek:

1 Point for that mom!

Upvote 0

shaslove

On LOA until June 2nd
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2006
Portland, OR
✟30,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think Jayden counts. In fact, I seem to recall reading in a baby name book that it's a Hebrew name, isn't it? I like it, anyway. :)

Okay, now you're all probably wondering what Orchard was doing reading a baby name book, so I'll explain. Over the years I have tried writing fiction (but gave it up because I'm not very good at it... I lack the imagination required to come up with good story lines), and I used a baby name book to come up with names for my characters.
My sister does that...when my dad named my baby sister "Molly", she almost had a heart attack, and offered them like 50 other names to choose from! :D

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In another thread, a Christianity Today article is mentioned in which the writer states that she went to a childfree website and took a quiz to see if she were a bre- ... a "B-word."

I found that quiz, and it is, unfortunately, full of vulgarity and hostility. So I won't post it or link to it here. It also contained some wisdom, though.

To have some fun, I've decided to re-write the quiz, removing the vulgarity and the hostility, and add a few questions of my own invention. And to make it really cool, I've added point values to each question, so it reads like so many of those self-assessment quizzes like you might find in Cosmo or People.

The quiz follows in the next two posts. Please tell us what you think. Also, I ask our lurking parent friends to let us know how you did! And if you agree or disagree with anything in the quiz, let us know that, too.
:thumbsup:

And please, everybody, let's not get offended over this. This is a strictly tongue-in-cheek exercise that's meant for giggles and maybe some thought-provoking and discussion.
The quiz is far too long for me to bother taking and adding up atm (actually I'm so tired I may not be able to add up atm) so I'll just guess I'm in the 1000+ category!

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I got 11 points-- we are taking a super relaxed approach for school this year (it's not really unschooling, but it is admittedly slack we do everything- it's all just more fluid.....) and I have a picture of Bernadette in my sig.
I think that equals my avatar of my kitty Minneke. We should start a quiz for obsessed, irresponsible pet owners (especially today on St Francis of Assisi's day) - a lot of childfree fall in that category. I bet I'd score above 1,000,000. :D

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The quiz is far too long for me to bother taking and adding up atm (actually I'm so tired I may not be able to add up atm) so I'll just guess I'm in the 1000+ category!

I'd be interested in seeing how you scored. I'd like to find out where you and I don't see eye-to-eye and maybe have a thoughtful discussion about it.

Upvote 0