Jan 29, 2010
✟839,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Many churches throughout the land have continued to have various kinds of services. Church members have gone to choir practices and conferences. How many have died? Of course, many governors have allowed folks to gather in unlimited numbers in churches. How many will die?

After this crisis, I suspect that there will be lots of discussion with regard to the relationship of churches and church entities to secular leadership and cooperation with state and local governments.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps instead of congregating they offered themselves up as volunteers in attending to those in physical need as their care system breaks down..

Actually I was hoping this is what the thread would be about, issues with managing already existing Church programs in those areas. Prince of Peach Church which is very close to me has a huge food bank program. Since my family grows stuff we sometimes have excess, sometimes a lot of excess. So I have donated there several times. I have noticed a lot of the volunteers are older people. That creates an issue. Do they continue with those people, try to involve younger people more or cut back on feeding those in need. I expect there are similar issues with any outreach to those already shut in.

To me that is the area worth discussion. Deciding to suspend services is a no brainer except perhaps as it relates to being ready for people to show up anyway and being ready with a handout on how to volunteer and stay in touch while staying 6 feet away.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps instead of congregating they offered themselves up as volunteers in attending to those in physical need as their care system breaks down..
What!?!?! Are you crazy? Those people with COVID 19 are sick. We’ve got choir practice.

Upvote 0

FireBrimstone

Feb 25, 2020
Atlantis
✟13,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If churches and congregations met outdoors in public places like Jesus did instead of having multi million dollar complexes, we could take care of the financial needs of every christian during times of trouble. All the building's we have poured money into so we could be comfortable eating coffee and donuts are setting there empty and worthless.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

But then who would run the cameras or sing the 8th background vocal part?

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What!?!?! Are you crazy? Those people with COVID 19 are sick. We’ve got choir practice.
I stand corrected :) We cancelled the pot luck. I think they were afraid someone might steal the roll of tp from the washroom.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If churches and congregations met outdoors in public places like Jesus did instead of having multi million dollar complexes, we could take care of the financial needs of every christian during times of trouble. All the building's we have poured money into so we could be comfortable eating coffee and donuts are setting there empty and worthless.

"Speak up"
"I can't hear a thing"
"I think He said blessed are the cheese makers"
"Whats so special about cheese makers?"
"Well it's not meant to be taken literally. It could refer to any manufacturer of cheese products"

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,113.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Just having outside services isn't sufficient. There would still be crowds. Some churches have their parishioners stay in their cars.

'Come As You Are in the Family Car.' Drive-In Church Services Are Taking Off During the Coronavirus Pandemic

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Isn't it interesting how so many immediately think congregating in pews as being church.

I wish I could be either surprised or disappointed by the number of people who can't have " Church" without the pomp and pageantry... and of course, being seen.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many churches throughout the land have continued to have various kinds of services. Church members have gone to choir practices and conferences. How many have died? Of course, many governors have allowed folks to gather in unlimited numbers in churches. How many will die?

After this crisis, I suspect that there will be lots of discussion with regard to the relationship of churches and church entities to secular leadership and cooperation with state and local governments.

Source please -

I live in Tulsa, the buckle of the Bible belt where there are more churches, than pimples on a teenager. Not one is open, but most are on line.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just having outside services isn't sufficient. There would still be crowds. Some churches have their parishioners stay in their cars.
Perhaps drive-in theatres will make a comeback hopefully which can be multi-purposed . Bring your own potty.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

'Come As You Are in the Family Car.' Drive-In Church Services Are Taking Off During the Coronavirus Pandemic

Seems like a good solution for the times. I rather like it as opposed to those who put people at risk.

Though the pastors should make sure that people are aware that they should only come with those of their household. This is NOT a time for carpooling.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like a good solution for the times. I rather like it as opposed to those who put people at risk.

Though the pastors should make sure that people are aware that they should only come with those of their household. This is NOT a time for carpooling.
Not even to save the environment?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Source please -

I live in Tulsa, the buckle of the Bible belt where there are more churches, than pimples on a teenager. Not one is open, but most are on line.

I have heard of several that were open or complaining of persecution when pressured to close like everything else.

BUT I think that may be another case of Christianity suffering because the worst examples make the most noise. California is not known for Churches, yet there are easily 100 within biking distance of me. Bicycling and not what I could do at 40 or 50, what I can do at 67 with a bad knee. I would be shocked if the second closest Church is holding services but I would be surprised if they are not continuing to keep their food bank open. And I will be shocked if they get any publicity about it. However if just one of those 100 Churches is irresponsible I fully expect it will be noted. Only unfair in the sense that if there is an irresponsible one all will be painted with the same brush by some.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status