Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wife and kiddo went out of town to visit family, so I decided yesterday to find a church closer to home for worship. Originally I had intended on finding my closest non-FWB church, but in recalling and having recently researched the Presbyterian theological points, I decided to venture down to the Presbyterian church in town. Also, having recently done a bunch of genealogical work, my paternal side has a long history of Presbyterian ministry and I felt it good service to rekindle that old flame.

Safe to say the church was quaint, but the sanctuary felt peaceful and the stained glass was a welcomed sight. The order of service was mostly familiar. Most importantly was that the congregation was most welcoming, kind hearted, and made me feel right at home.

I hope that I can get my wife and son there when they return; albeit it will be like pulling teeth because my wife and her whole family are staunch Baptists.

I am sorry to hear PCUSA is loosening traditional values for the sake of social and political acceptance, but it's happening to the Baptists and especially the Methodists as well. I pray this is just a phase.

Last edited:

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry to hear PCUSA is loosening traditional values for the sake of social and political acceptance, but it's happening to the Baptists and especially the Methodists as well. I pray this is just a phase.
People say things like this so often that I don't think (or at least I hope) they don't realize what they're actually saying. You are accusing other Christians of ignoring the Gospel for popularity. I'd like to hope that those I disagree with are trying to follow Jesus, and that we disagree on the best way to do that. Please avoid this kind of attack on the motives of people you disagree with.

(It's also an odd accusation, since by now pretty much everyone knows that conservative Christianity is more popular than liberal Christianity.)

Upvote 0

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The PCUSA, for the most part, is apostate. They are pretty much on the left end of the spectrum and any good Reformed Christian should avoid those churches. If you are looking for a good, sound, Reformed church (whether Presbyterian or Reformed (depends on which side of the English Channel they started)) I would look for one that is a member of the PCA, OPC, URC, or similar denominations.

Of course, if your wife is Baptist in upbringing it will be a major hurdle to get over when it comes to paedobaptism (infant).

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0