• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Researching for a book on Theistic Evolution.

Discussion in 'Theistic Evolution' started by Didaskalos, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Didaskalos

Didaskalos He is Lord Of ALL Supporter

+947
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Researching for a book on Theistic Evolution. Looking for resources, books, authors, adherents, contributors, etc etc etc.
    Want connections between TE and the gap theory (not a theory IMHO).
    Looking for non-hoax scientific - geological and archeological evidence.
    Looking for evidence within scripture that supports TE.
    I am going to scan this forum for possible quotes, excerpts, evidence etc. I will ask some for permission to use material. I will give credit and source to any such material used.
    If you are a teacher/preacher/author/blogger etc I will provide links and sources.
    The book will be supportive in tone, and will address criticisms. I want to treat this in a serious manner and address implications to faith and the gospel. Ultimate goal is to help those who doubt the gospel based on prejudices and misconceptions based on the creation teaching.
    Been a Christian since 1971. I have authored dozens of books (amazon - search for C .Alan Martin) on topics from Speaking in Tongues, Faith, Security of the Believer, Prophecy, and many other subjects.
    Thank you for any help you can provide.
    Lord Bless and be Strong in the Power of His Might!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. KomatiiteBIF

KomatiiteBIF Well-Known Member

+1,478
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Finding Darwin's God by Kenneth R. Miller is pretty good. He is a theistic evolutionist.

3. Didaskalos

+947
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Thanks K!

4. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+5,044
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    biologos.org has a wealth of materials, as well as pointers to numerous books on the subject.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Radagast

Radagast is a Trinitarian Christian

+6,596
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    That will be in straight science books.

On the "for" side, see www.asa3.org and biologos.org. On the "anti" side, there's a recent book from Crossway.

6. 2tim_215

2tim_215 Well-Known Member Supporter

+435
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The Language of God by Frances Collins

7. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,119
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Chapter 13 of Stephen Hawking's Universe is a good place to start for a comparison. It is entitled The Anthropic Principle and gives an Atheistic explanation for the Cyclic Model of the Universe but...... former Atheist Mellen Benedict saw a Theistic version of the Cyclic Model.

https://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/experiences/mellen-thomas-benedict.html#a05
    You may like my blog because it gives so good links to related webpages:

www.CarbonBias.blogspot.ca/

8. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,119
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    In my opinion Dr. Chaim Tejman has explained how life would originate from fundamental energies.

http://www.grandunifiedtheory.org.il/Book4/Html/Origin_of_life.htm

9. Sola1517

Sola1517 Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)

+187
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Here's a website:
    God of Evolution

10. Gbob

Gbob New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Married

I wrote 2 books on TE, but from a Days of Proclamation view, One on Creation through the Flood and one on Anthropological evidence supporting my view of the Flood. I would send you pdf's if you want. it is out of print, but in the past years since I sold them, nothing has come up in science which nullifies my views, and indeed, Neanderthal breeding with modern humans, a prediction of my book, has come true.

If there is a way for you to pm me, I will give you my email. Once you know my name you can find out about me on the internet.

11. Didaskalos

+947
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I am specifically looking for a relation to the 6th day making of an evolved-primate/man into the image of gods by the archons, and the subsequent creation of Adam by God in Eden. I see these are two separate "kinds" of men which eventually interbred and became what we see now.
    Not solid on this, just seeking. Also things like pre-adamics, the pre-adamic civilization, and the effect of the fall of satan on the earth...
    I would be interested in what you have to say about the neanderthal breeding as well as the flood effect on man, nephilim, and the final product that we now see as "man."

12. Gbob

Gbob New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Sigh, I specifically cover that. Type Glenn R Morton into google search and you will find out more about me than you want to know.

13. Didaskalos

+947
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Read some reviews. Sounds very interesting. I am most interested in your archaeological and geologic findings. Also scriptural evidence. Would enjoy the PDFs.

14. -57

-57 Well-Known Member

+1,235
    Christian
    Private
    Didaskalos, One of the problems with Theo-Evoism is how do they explain mans sin nature. How did mankind fall? When did mankind fall? Why did mankind fall?

When evolution theology is applied to scripture Gen 3....which answers the question...has to take on a whole new meaning. Where Paul tells us sin and death spread because of one man has to take on a whole new meaning.

What The-Evo theology does is change what scripture says and replaces it with non-biblical context.
    As an example "pre-adamic" civilizations are mentioned which changes the statement that Eve is the mother of all.