Visit site
✟24,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I made this because there are people preaching in these final years of the world, teaching that
just by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ you can be saved. If it was that easy we wouldn't have scriptures
warning us that few will be saved and that the path to eternal life is narrow, of which few be there that find it.

A holy and sanctified life lived in strict obedience unto the commandments and precepts taught in the word of God,
the Holy Bible, is required of all those that seek the salvation of their souls. This is what the Bible is speaking
of when it says that we must be born again. Born again means to be transformed by God into a new moral life.

John 3:3 KJB
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except
a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

If all we had to do was simply believe, demons and the wicked heathen would be saved. For there are
innumerable people in this world that war against God and His saints and know the truth.

James 2:19
"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

If all we had to do was believe then this verse below would have no meaning.

Matthew 7:14
"because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

We see from the verse below that they that do the will of God, that keep His commandments and precepts
taught in the word of God, the Holy Bible, will be saved. Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ that He
is the true messiah, that He really is God in the flesh, is the absolute first step anyone must take on the
path of salvation. It is the first commandment of God we must obey, to simply believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
For why would anyone even begin to consider keeping His commandments and obey Him if you didn't believe He
was who He said He was.

Matthew 7:21
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the
will of my Father which is in heaven."

When it says to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ it should always be accompanied with the explanation that
obedience, love and duty to and for Him is also required in this faith.

James 2:17
"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

We see that faith (trust) in God is really false faith without doing the works of God. What works are these?
These works are the commandments and precepts taught in the word of God. For example, overcoming the world,
and the lusts there of, giving alms, preaching the truth of Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible, encouraging one another, loving one another,
honoring your parents, not hating anyone, not stealing, etc. These are just a few of the many holy commandments
given to us by God in the Holy Bible.

1 John 2:17
"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."

If the entire Bible could be summed up in one verse I would choose the following.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

Understanding faith and grace.
Faith means to have trust and hope in God.
Grace means the favor of God.
To have faith (trust) in God you must have a good conscious toward Him.
To have a good conscious toward God you must obey Him.
Faith and obedience go hand in hand.
If you are obedient to God's commandments and precepts He will give you true faith, real trust in Him.
He will show you that you can trust in Him by the protection of His Spirit (the Holy Spirit).
Grace and obedience also go hand in hand.
If you are obedient, the grace (favor) of God will be upon you and all that you do.

If you want to be saved from the damnation of Hell, get in the word of God,
start in the New Testament at the gospel of
Matthew, preferably in a King James Bible (link to PDF of complete KJB below) and read every word and do exactly as God's word teaches you.

(please note PDF files can contain contain viruses or malicious code, I believe the file is safe and have downloaded it myself, but make sure it is also safe for you)
KJB PDF Download (dont worry it does not instantly download)

Last edited:

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans 4:4-5 "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

This verse alone destroys your entire premise. Faith is counted for righteousness.

Upvote 0

BlessedCreator

Salvation=Obedience
Apr 14, 2020
Oregon
Visit site
✟24,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can quote James 2:17
and say the same exact thing about your premise.

You can't have faith without obedience unto God.

Isaiah 28:10 KJB
"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"

We must look at the whole of scripture and all of what God says, not just verses we choose out that might sound flattering to the ears.

Matthew 7:14 makes it very clear that salvation is not as easy as many would like us to believe.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"

We must look at the whole of scripture and all of what God says, not just verses we choose out that might sound flattering to the ears.

Matthew 7:14 makes it very clear that salvation is not as easy as many would like us to believe.
Faith IS obedience to God.

Romans 10:10, 16-17 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation... But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Paul quotes Isaiah when he says "who hath believed our report" when he states that not all have "obeyed." Faith = obedience.

Also in another verse, Romans 6:17 "But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you." And above Paul states clearly with the heart a man believes unto righteousness apart from works.

Ephesians 2:8-9 is another passage that is absolutely clear on the doctrine of salvation. "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

John the Apostle defines sin as "transgression of the law" in 1 John 3:4; therefore, by definition, to obey the law is to cease from sin. To obey the law is to do the works of the law, which Paul states clearly can justify no man. Romans 3:20 "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

Another absolutely clear scripture is John 5:24, which says, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

And yet another. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

See a pattern yet? A recurring point?

Even in the old testament. Habakkuk 2:4 "Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith."

I can keep going. For every verse you pull out of context to use for works salvation I can provide three more verses that state it is by faith.

• Agree
Reactions: Quietus
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I made this because there are people preaching in these final years of the world, teaching that
just by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ you can be saved. If it was that easy we wouldn't have scriptures warning us that few will be saved and that the path to eternal life is narrow, of which few be there that find it.
Paul preached "that just by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ you can be saved". Scratch that. He actually answered a jailer's question of what he MUST DO to be saved:

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you WILL BE saved." Paul knew exactly what he was talking about. By the way, he was taught directly from Christ.

And the words below your screen name says it all "Salvation = obedience". That is exactly what the Pharisees in Jesus' day thought and preached. And Jesus conemned them.

In Matt 7:21-23 we find Jesus condemning a crowd of people who made their appeal for entering heaven based on WHAT they did. Nothing about what they believed. And Jesus told them to depart from Him.

All the verses you included in the OP have nothing to do with works or obedience for salvation. Those who think so misunderstand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Romans 4:4-5 "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

This verse alone destroys your entire premise. Faith is counted for righteousness.
Bingo!

I would add another pair of verses:

Eph 2:8,9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would remind you that Satan also quotes verses. The key is to keep them in context.

What was James' point in 2:14-26? Faith without works won't demonstrate your faith. 2:18 makes that point directly. It is of no benefit to others, as v.15,16 clearly prove.

Please quote verses that support your claim here.

Nope. Nothing here about faith requiring obedience. Faith is trust. It's taking God at His word.

This is correct. And when we do, we find verses that directly refute your claims. Such as Rom 4:4,5 and Eph 2:8,9.

What is difficult about salvation is having the "child-like trust" that is required for salvation. It's easy for children. But for more sophisticated adults, they bring all kinds of baggage that distract and deceive.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I made this because there are people preaching in these final years of the world, teaching that just by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ you can be saved. If it was that easy we wouldn't have scriptures warning us that few will be saved and that the path to eternal life is narrow, of which few be there that find it.
In Acts 16:31, we read - "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and you're household." Why do so many people make this hard? That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT. This path is narrow and few believe it.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You cant live in sin (living contrary to God's will) and have real faith. This is taught throughout the whole Bible, OT & NT.
Actually, a person CAN fully trust God for their salvation, yet be totally ignorant of what the Bible teaches. You are simply conflating faith for salvation with obedience for blessing and reward. A very common mistake, btw.

Recall that Paul berated the Ephesian believers for still acting like unbelievers, in Eph 4:17.

"So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking."

The words "no longer" means they were still doing it. Paul was telling them to STOP IT!!

Did Paul include any warning about losing salvation or not really being saved by their behavior? No.

The reason for obedience is to be blessed in time and rewarded in eternity. The Bible is full of these teachings.

If salvation were by obedience, Christ died for NOTHING!! How blasphemous!

Gal 2:21 - I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

This verse speaks to your view directly.

• Agree
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

BlessedCreator

Salvation=Obedience
Apr 14, 2020
Oregon
Visit site
✟24,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Faith without works is dead. What works do you need to do have a living faith?

The works are the will of God.
"He that doeth the will of God abideth forever."

If you think you can live however you want, doing whatever you want and still be counted worthy, you should read
Matthew 7:14 that warns us that few will be saved.

The only reason I trust in God is because I have a good conscience towards Him and I only have a good conscience toward Him because I obey Him.

Remember even the devils believe. But they have no faith (trust/confidence in God) because they have chosen to live contrary to His will.

The path is narrow and you are teaching contrary to it. You must obey God otherwise your trust (faith) in Him is a dead faith. Just as we are told in James 2:26 faith without works is dead. The works are the will of God, the commandments and precepts taught in the Holy Bible, they instruct us to a live a Holy and sanctified life in strict obedience unto His will.

1 John 2:17 "...he that doeth the will of God abideth forever..."

Acts 5:32 "
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him."

Why do you think Jesus himself tells us that the lukewarm, hypocrites and unprofitable servants will be cast out into outer darkness? You have to do the works God wants you to to be saved, you must obey Him.

It's really not confusing at all.

If you obey God you can trust in Him. If you don't obey Him and live contrary to His will, you cant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟489,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
just by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ you can be saved. If it was that easy we wouldn't have scriptures
warning us that few will be saved and that the path to eternal life is narrow, of which few be there that find it.

A holy and sanctified life lived in strict obedience unto the commandments and precepts taught in the word of God,
the Holy Bible, is required of all those that seek the salvation of their souls. This is what the Bible is speaking
of when it says that we must be born again. Born again means to be transformed by God into a new moral life.

John 3:3 KJB
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except
a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

If all we had to do was simply believe, demons and the wicked heathen would be saved. For there are
innumerable people in this world that war against God and His saints and know the truth.

James 2:19
"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

If all we had to do was believe then this verse below would have no meaning.

Matthew 7:14
"because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

We see from the verse below that they that do the will of God, that keep His commandments and precepts
taught in the word of God, the Holy Bible, will be saved. Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ that He
is the true messiah, that He really is God in the flesh, is the absolute first step anyone must take on the
path of salvation. It is the first commandment of God we must obey, to simply believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
For why would anyone even begin to consider keeping His commandments and obey Him if you didn't believe He
was who He said He was.

Matthew 7:21
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the
will of my Father which is in heaven."

When it says to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ it should always be accompanied with the explanation that
obedience, love and duty to and for Him is also required in this faith.

James 2:17

We see that faith (trust) in God is really false faith without doing the works of God. What works are these?
These works are the commandments and precepts taught in the word of God. For example, overcoming the world,
and the lusts there of, giving alms, preaching the truth of Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible, encouraging one another, loving one another,
honoring your parents, not hating anyone, not stealing, etc. These are just a few of the many holy commandments
given to us by God in the Holy Bible.

1 John 2:17
"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."

If the entire Bible could be summed up in one verse I would choose the following.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

Understanding faith and grace.
Faith means to have trust and hope in God.
Grace means the favor of God.
To have faith (trust) in God you must have a good conscious toward Him.
To have a good conscious toward God you must obey Him.
Faith and obedience go hand in hand.
If you are obedient to God's commandments and precepts He will give you true faith, real trust in Him.
He will show you that you can trust in Him by the protection of His Spirit (the Holy Spirit).
Grace and obedience also go hand in hand.
If you are obedient, the grace (favor) of God will be upon you and all that you do.

1 Peter 3:21
"The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the
filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"

The above verse is not saying that baptism literally saves us. It is saying that by being baptized
you are keeping God's commandment which will allow you to begin to have a good conscience towards
God because of your obedience. Just as believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is a commandment, so also is baptism.
Continue seeking God's will in all that you do to continue with a good conscience toward God.

If you want to be saved from the damnation of Hell, get in the word of God,
start in the New Testament at the gospel of
Matthew, in a King James Bible (PDF above) and
read every word and do exactly as God's word teaches you.

Good Day, BC

"Born again means to be transformed by God into a new moral life."

What you have there is good old fashion moralism.. not spiritual rebirth.

Give me the Gospel... you can keep your list.

Piper covers it here:

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Like it was mentioned above. Even Satan and his evil army believe in Jesus. Even they have faith in Jesus.

It certainly takes more than just plain faith.

If you have true faith and love of God, good works will follow. Did not the Apostles do good works?

Jesus did many good works. We are to follow His lead.

Born again means nothing if you do not follow Jesus and His teachings.

Jesus said to pick up our cross and follow Him. That is a work that comes from true faith in Our Lord

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know heathens who are more obedient in works than some Christians who claim themselves to be free from all sin... :(

Works-salvation is the teacher... why is it a teacher? Because it teaches that no one can gain salvation through their own works. As Jesus said, you have to be as perfect as God to gain heaven via your works..

It's outside our own capacity to accomplish, we are faulty human beings and without putting every ounce of faith in HIM and HIS work we won't ever enter into heaven. And THAT is the narrow road because it's not easy to trust in what you have zero control over... it's terribly easy to trust in what you can see, touch, taste, feel, and do... but trust in what you don't do? Far more difficult..

Therefore believe .. heart felt, honest. To the core of your being you must trust in HIM .

Is HE also our Lord? Of course... but it's still not our works which save us.

• Agree
Reactions: Quietus
Upvote 0

BlessedCreator

Salvation=Obedience
Apr 14, 2020
Oregon
Visit site
✟24,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So if God doesnt requires us to obey Him and do His commandments to be saved why did Jesus Himself tell us in Matthew 25:30 "And cast you the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So if God doesnt requires us to obey Him and do His commandments to be saved why did Jesus Himself tell us in Matthew 25:30 "And cast you the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

So you think the gold you were given is your works?

Lol... like the servant said:

"Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'"

So here's a man who knows factually that his Master harvests where He does not sow and yet, does nothing to sow where his Master did not... of course he is undeserving of heaven...

So the question for you remains.. what does God harvest that you should he sowing while He is away? What IS the Gold you were given?

I'll guarantee you it's not the work of your hands that you were given! It is was there would be no need of the gift!

Last edited:
Upvote 0