Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear friends, please don’t head for the exits just yet as I’ll be brief, glad to be back with all of you :). We know that sin, war, Satan, disease are all evil and will be destroyed when the Lord returns (Revelation 20:14, 1 Corinthians 15:26). What we may not always comprehend is how God Almighty keeps us on our toes by Divinely using the resident or required evil like war, sin, disease etc., to advance His kingdom (Romans 8:20). Please be clear that I’m not a fascist and am not advocating war.

Let’s look at a painful chapter in the life of King David (2 Samuel 11). Why was it customary for Kings to go to war in spring? Obviously because it was warmer (we all know what the Russian winter did to Napoleon and Hitler), but also because it was their duty to expand their kingdoms and sustain their races. In King David’s case, it was a direct mandate from God Almighty to destroy His enemies (1 Chronicles 28:3). Unfortunately, King David lost his edge and forgot his purpose, i.e., he got lazy. Instead of being combat ready and being about God’s business of destroying sin, he got comfortable and useless. We all know what happened next. Are we instant in season and out of season (2 Timothy 4:2)?

Something as terrible as the turn of events in King David’s life did produce something beautiful. King Solomon, his son, was the wisest and most powerful man who lived at that time and built the magnificent temple in Jerusalem at the Lord’s command (1 Chronicles 28:6). How do we view the evil or misfortune that besets us? Does it empower us to overcome or does it dishearten us? Do we believe that in all things God is working for our good and conforming us to the Image of Christ (Romans 8:28)?

The Lord Jesus Christ was always in tune with the Holy Spirit and God’s will (John 4:34, John 6:38). He was driven by the inexorable power of the Holy Spirit in Him (Luke 4:1, Colossians 1:29). To follow the Master, we need to be like Him and have His priorities (Luke 9:62), sometimes even to the point of being callous and indifferent to the world (Matthew 8:22).

Have a good rest of the week saints. Peace in Christ :).

Last edited:

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another lesson for us is in the life of Solomon, as you pointed out the wisest man, rich and powerful, who in time failed profoundly, building temples to idols for his numerous wives, betraying the Lord, so that in consequence the Lord would break up Israel into 2 kingdoms. The profound lesson here is that wisdom is not enough -- it's not enough to be wise and know truth. We have instead to obey ardently. More like Hezekiah, for instance, who helped to reverse and undo part of the evil Solomon had brought into the people.

Upvote 0