Requesting prayers for Lady Bug and her family. Her mother passed this morning.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Been thinking and praying for you and your family daily Lady Bug. I know this is more complicated for you than most here in your situation but praying that God guides you and gives you wisdom through all of this. :pray:

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I cried today and I feel like I can't cope and I don't see any end to this abysmal feeling :( :(
(((((hugs))))) Crying is so normal, you need to get the grief out of your system, the Lord cares, and has all of our tears in a bottle, He must have a lot of bottles for mine. I know right now it all seems so dreadfully overwhelming, but those feelings will pass, slowly but surely, you will start getting better and that sting won't be so bad. You are in my prayers my friend.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It's been a few hours since I cried pretty bad and at the time I cried I felt at my worst but I am not sure I feel quite as awful as I did before I cried. I hope that I don't relapse again. I'll lose hope again.

On a side note, my medication had been giving me so much emotional blunting that I felt completely unable to cry on anything before this stuff, so I'm surprised I ended up crying.
Just disregard the first paragraph - I'm feeling bad again. My dad's inability to cope is probably contagious and it hinders my ability to recover. I'm not saying it's his fault, he's going through hell. He is not taking this well at all. He wants to eventually move out of the house because it's unbearable for him to be here. I kind of wish I had a say in this, but I don't. He thinks I'll find it unbearable too, maybe he's right. I did cry about that pretty bad myself.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lady Bug - a wee suggestion which may help.

Talk to your mother - she may not be with you physically but she will hear you .
OK, I was wondering if it was still alright to talk to the person who had died, so this answers my question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just disregard the first paragraph - I'm feeling bad again. My dad's inability to cope is probably contagious and it hinders my ability to recover. I'm not saying it's his fault, he's going through hell. He is not taking this well at all. He wants to eventually move out of the house because it's unbearable for him to be here. I kind of wish I had a say in this, but I don't. He thinks I'll find it unbearable too, maybe he's right. I did cry about that pretty bad myself.
(((((hugs))))) Hon, it is perfectly normal to cry and cry after the death of a beloved family member or friend. Grief like this does not leave over night, I know I still cry at times over my dear parents and it has been quite a few years since they died (mom 2005, daddy 2012) You loved her, and this has/is a big shock to your system. Your dad is hating where he lives right now because of the loss of his beloved wife, and doesn't want to be near anything that reminds him of her, this will eventually pass, I really think it would be wise to at least wait 6 months, wait for the horrible sting to lift, then, when thinking clearer, then discuss the idea. As to you finding it unbearable, maybe you would, maybe you won't. But again, you both are going to have thoughts all over the place, it is not wise to decide anything or even think about more stress at this time.:crossrc: ((((hugs and love)))

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Lady Bug - a wee suggestion which may help.

Talk to your mother - she may not be with you physically but she will hear you .

This has to be some orthodox thing, right? I didnt know that we could presume such things. I dont say its a sin, but I thought it to be at least something of a "yellow light" - kind of thing (a greyzone that is)?

Sorry for derailing your thread Lady Bug. You're still in my mind and my prayers. Lord have mercy.

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Today is the funeral and I took my usual medication before bed that already is supposed to make me drowsy and then I took a full Ativan on top of that and I still got only 2 hours sleep because I woke up after that amount of time and couldn't get back to sleep. Then it turns out I gained 3 pounds overnight when I thought I actually ate less than I normally do, and that bums me out because the thing I have to wear was already tight before I gained the 3 pounds. The day is already off to an awful start.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Continued prayers for her and her family. She’ll be back to update when things slow down a bit. Naturally, she is still struggling with everything. So I’m bumping for prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heard from Lady Bug today. Naturally, she is still struggling and misses her mother terribly. She said that her and her father are choosing a grave stone for her mother and have an idea of what they want to put on it. She is having to catch up with grocery shopping and the things of day to day life. Tying up some medical stuff, etc. She said the funeral mass gave her some peace but she would not be able to keep up with the thread till things settle a bit. That tends to be the hard part for most people. But she plans on coming back to update and discuss her struggles with everyone. Again, she thanks all of you for the continued prayers for her and her family. :pray:

Upvote 0