[request] The Left Bhind Series and the Apocalypse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashWerewolf

Nov 26, 2005
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Is anyone familiar to this book series and of the apocalypse? I have been hearing talk of an apocalypse occuring in 2012...why that year, i have no idea. Ive visited sites about it and what the books suposedly fictionalize, but the sites either are completely bonkers(saying that prez. bush is the end of the third reich and that the galactic federation will save us all) or sites that explain everything with some vocabulary that I don't know. any help/info to clear up the fog in this subject would be appreciated. thanks.

Vlootvoogd

Jul 22, 2004
Best
Visit site
✟189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:preach:

Much can be said about it, but digging in Scripture will help you a lot.
Jesus explains that NOT even the SON knows the date of His return, that is in the authority of the Father.
So it could also happen today!

The Left behind series is a nice pack of books about Revelation.
But the stories are just a warning/explanation of how it could be in the near future.

When you read these books (12 of them) compare it to the Bible and you will grow in knowledge about the apocalyps.

To help you a bit, have a look at various sites about this.
Or visit my web : www.endtime.tk
Or have a look at: http://www.rr-bb.com/
a forum about endtime.

Have a good sunday with the Lord and the brethern.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

The Year 2012 Comes From the Mayans. Their calendar ends in 2012.

Now why any Christian would trust in a calendar created by priests who cut the heart out of human victims to sacrifice them to the Gods is beyond me.

The Series of Books the "left behind" is a Fundamentalist view of Revelation. thus it teaches a Fundamentalist view of prophecy.

This Idea of pre trib rapture was first made popular in the Book "the Late Great Planet Earth"

Written in the Late 60's it claimed that Rapture was going to happen in a few years based on the verse in which Jesus says

34: Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

They believe that the Fig tree mentioned a verse earlier is the Modern Nation of Israel and thus within a Generation of the formation of Israel Jesus would return.

The Book said a generation in the Bible was 20- 30 year. Israel was founded in 1948 so by 1978 Jesus would return.

Well as we all know that Did not happen so A generation became

40 years.............................................oopsssssss

50 years .................ooooopsssssss...............

60 Years..................Well 60 years passes in a couple of years and I am sure that a generation will then become 70 years.

The "left behind" is the Latest entry in this indoctrination publication frenzy of the Fundamentalists.

My personal belief is that the Only thing "Left behind" in these books is THE TRUTH.

The reality is they are fictional books portraying a very narrow view of prophetic scripture. A view that is easily shown to be false by any serious student of prophetic Scripture.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
wrldstrman said:
he Book said a generation in the Bible was 20- 30 year. Israel was founded in 1948 so by 1978 Jesus would return.

a generation is forty years

Actually , a generation is about 100-120 years. Go back to Genesis 15 (?) when God tells Abraham that his descendents would be strangers in a strange land (referring to Egypt) and that in the fourth generation, they would come out.
40 years is just the time it took to kill all those who were 20 and above when they left Egypt.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

The Point is what was said then has been changed because it did not happen. It was based on a false teaching. It really is that simple.

The "left Behind" is just a revised "Late great Planet Earth" Revised because it is obvious to everyone that it was just a bunch of lies that never came true.

Upvote 0

Reazzurro90

Completamente Pentecostale - FORZA ITALIA
Sep 26, 2005
✟574.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just The Facts said:
Hi

The Point is what was said then has been changed because it did not happen. It was based on a false teaching. It really is that simple.

The "left Behind" is just a revised "Late great Planet Earth" Revised because it is obvious to everyone that it was just a bunch of lies that never came true.

That's not wholly accurate. There's several distinctions between the two. Left Behind implies a "revived Grecian empire" while the Late Great Planet Earth calls for a "revived Roman Empire." Anyway, back on Left Behind...It is Tim Lahaye's and Jerry Jenkins' interpretation of the End Times through a fictional account. But all the prophecies occur just like they believe it will happen (invasion of Israel, Babylon, etc).

Upvote 0

Augustine_Was_Calvinist

Mar 16, 2004
✟6,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Just The Facts said:
Hi

Exactly!

Lindsey and Lahaye, as well as the bulk of dispensationalism is poor exegesis, and sensational sophistry, but they sure have made a lot of money selling books.;)

Upvote 0

PastorMikeJ

combat veteran
Nov 10, 2005
Shaftsbury, Vermont
✟3,808.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reazzurro90 said:
That's not wholly accurate. There's several distinctions between the two. Left Behind implies a "revived Grecian empire" while the Late Great Planet Earth calls for a "revived Roman Empire." Anyway, back on Left Behind...It is Tim Lahaye's and Jerry Jenkins' interpretation of the End Times through a fictional account. But all the prophecies occur just like they believe it will happen (invasion of Israel, Babylon, etc).

Actually the Left Behind series was based on the Book of Revelations... I agree with you Reazzurro9. I enjoyed them and recommend them to my non christian friends..you have to remember that they are a work of fiction...no one knows the when but the Father...

God Bless you...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
FlashWerewolf said:
Is anyone familiar to this book series and of the apocalypse? I have been hearing talk of an apocalypse occuring in 2012...why that year, i have no idea. Ive visited sites about it and what the books suposedly fictionalize, but the sites either are completely bonkers(saying that prez. bush is the end of the third reich and that the galactic federation will save us all) or sites that explain everything with some vocabulary that I don't know. any help/info to clear up the fog in this subject would be appreciated. thanks.
The "Left behind" series has it backwards.

In the last days it is to be just like in the days of Noah and Lot. The bad guys will be taken away, and the good guys left. (See Luke 17:26-36).

Those left behind will take part in a glorious thousand year reign of the Church.

Barry

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FlashWerewolf said:
Is anyone familiar to this book series and of the apocalypse? I have been hearing talk of an apocalypse occuring in 2012.
Forget it. Date setting is stupid. The Lord will return when it is His good pleasure, some time between right now and a great many millennia from now. But none of us has any guarantee that we'll live for another 30 seconds. Knowing that to be true, we'd best be ready to leave on very, very short notice, because the end of our world is what we need to concern ourselves with more than the end of the world.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
wrldstrman said:
he Book said a generation in the Bible was 20- 30 year. Israel was founded in 1948 so by 1978 Jesus would return. a generation is forty years
And as the Lord didn't return in '88 either, then either the length of a "generation" is still up in the air, or Lindsey's whole thesis was wrong. Or both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Augustine_Was_Calvinist said:
Maybe He did and they all missed it.
After all, it's a secret coming.
Ooooooh, there is that. Maybe we've all of us been Left Behind, even Hal and Tim and Jack and Tex and all the other date-setters.

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, Left Behind didn't set any dates. Although it creates a feeling of "perphaps today" which is exactly what the Bible says.

Just smile when someone sets a date and immediately disregard it. I believe when anyone sets a date, the Lord marks it off his calendar. I believe the rapture will happen when we truly. do. not. expect. it. And that we will have to explain it to some (i.e. mid-trib and post-tribbers) on the way up.

Say what you want about Left Behind but I think the real thing will be much, much worse. Then again, John wasn't told exactly what to write (unlike Genesis). So the scenes of heaven might be off and maybe some of the judgments. I hear LB12 has the antichrist riding on a horse during armageddon. That's going overboard.

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
knownbeforetime said:
Just smile when someone sets a date and immediately disregard it. I believe when anyone sets a date, the Lord marks it off his calendar.

Well, at this rate, there won't be any dates left!!! :D

do you really believe God actually "marks a date off his calendar" when someone uses that date here on earth? do you really think the date of Jesus' coming is up in the air like that?

I'm not trying to be mean, but I must say, I find the idea that something like the second coming of Jesus to be "flexible" is somewhat,

alarming.....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.