loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Republicans Cherry-Pick Facts on Impeachment
As the House Judiciary Committee began public hearings on whether to draft and approve articles of impeachment, Republicans presented a set of facts that they claimed cleared President Donald Trump of any wrongdoing.

The Republican National Committee on Dec. 4 selectively highlighted several facts from the investigation, providing an incomplete picture on what the congressional testimony has revealed.

The same day, Rep. Jim Jordan repeated some of those talking points in the House Judiciary Committee’s hearing. “The facts are on the president’s side,” Jordan declared.

Here we review the Republican statements in the context of documents and testimony that House investigators have gathered since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the impeachment inquiry on Sept. 24.
tulc(in case anyone was curious) :wave:

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing new about the thread title. I noticed it during the Intelligence Committee hearings. While Democrats avoided cherry-picking favorable questions, Republicans only asked what they wanted to hear. JIm Jordan spent his entire five-minute time limit lecturing one of the witnesses about three meetings not happening instead of his job, which is to ask questions. All I heard Devin Nunes say was lies about having no evidence of wrongdoing during his long opening statements. Gaetz and Ratcliffe were as bad as Jordan in their questioning. It would not suprise me one bit if Republicans in the Judiciary Committee treat all the witnesses the same way next week.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing new about the thread title. I noticed it during the Intelligence Committee hearings. While Democrats avoided cherry-picking favorable questions, Republicans only asked what they wanted to hear. JIm Jordan spent his entire five-minute time limit lecturing one of the witnesses about three meetings not happening instead of his job, which is to ask questions. All I heard Devin Nunes say was lies about having no evidence of wrongdoing during his long opening statements. Gaetz and Ratcliffe were as bad as Jordan in their questioning. It would not suprise me one bit if Republicans in the Judiciary Committee treat all the witnesses the same way next week.
Well...in their defense everything presented clearly shows President Trump did in deed do what he's accused of so they don't really have anything besides ad hominems and bluster so...:sorry:
tulc(is just sayn') :)

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Because there is so much evidence against Trump, I still cannot understand why Republicans refuse to be civil and respect the witnesses on national television. They have to be smarter than that. As it is, they are just making fools out of themselves and being hypocrites.

Upvote 0