Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I wrote few posts last year that if Trump doesn’t win on Nov election, Republican will throw away Trump and move on. They will not even know who Trump is. As I can see now, I was 100% wrong on my prediction. Trump is still the leader of GOP and Trumpism is still the ideology of GOP.

Looking at current GOP it seems like 3 type of GOP leader will rise.

Group One - Ride on Trumpism and Trump, but same time have traditional GOP ideology. They will not attack trump or Trumpism but same time find a way to voice the traditional GOP ideology.

Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations
Marco Rubio, U.S. senator from Florida

Group two is “Never Trumper “ or silent GOP who never spoke against Trump or supported Trump publicly

Larry Hogan, governor of Maryland
Ben Sasse, U.S. senator from Nebraska
Scott walker – Gov of WI
john Kasich – Gov of OH

Group Three – Champion of Trumpism . I am interested to see who will be leader in this group. This is the most interesting group to me. They all want to carry the torch of Trumpism and want to be GOP nominee in 2024, but too many of them in this group. If Trump run re-election then he is the leader of this group. But what does rest of them do if Trump run again, fall in line ? If Trump doesn’t run then each of them has to find different path.

Josh Hawley, U.S. senator from Missouri
Mike Lee, U.S. senator from Utah
Mike Pence, vice president of the United States
Mike Pompeo, secretary of state
Rick Scott, U.S. senator from Florida
Greg Abbott, governor of Texas
Tom Cotton, U.S. senator from Arkansas
Ted Cruz, U.S. senator from Texas
Ron DeSantis, governor of Florida
Tim Scott, U.S. senator from South Carolina
Donald Trump, 45th president of the United States

Reactions: mark46

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a useful division of party leaders. I would put Tim Scott in Group 1 rather than Group 3.

I'm not even sure that I would put Pence in Group 3.

I wrote few posts last year that if Trump doesn’t win on Nov election, Republican will throw away Trump and move on. They will not even know who Trump is. As I can see now, I was 100% wrong on my prediction. Trump is still the leader of GOP and Trumpism is still the ideology of GOP.

Group One - Ride on Trumpism and Trump, but same time have traditional GOP ideology. They will not attack trump or Trumpism but same time find a way to voice the traditional GOP ideology.

Group two is “Never Trumper “ or silent GOP who never spoke against Trump or supported Trump publicly

Scott walker – Gov of WI
john Kasich – Gov of OH

Group Three – Champion of Trumpism . I am interested to see who will be leader in this group. This is the most interesting group to me. They all want to carry the torch of Trumpism and want to be GOP nominee in 2024, but too many of them in this group. If Trump run re-election then he is the leader of this group. But what does rest of them do if Trump run again, fall in line ? If Trump doesn’t run then each of them has to find different path.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is a useful division of party leaders. I would put Tim Scott in Group 1 rather than Group 3.

I'm not even sure that I would put Pence in Group 3.

I can see why you wouldn’t put Tim Scott in Group 3, But Mike Pence , why not ?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can see why you wouldn’t put Tim Scott in Group 3, But Mike Pence , why not ?

I think that Pence is more of mainstream conservative than most anyone in the Republican Party. I don't question whether he believes what he stood for for so many years. He accepted the role of VP. He did well in that role. Some think that the VP should speak out against the views of the president. That just isn't his role. When Pence was forced to act, he did. He refused to follow Trump's call for insurrection. This was after the Supreme Court made clear that this was not his role. Trump attacked Pence several times. His army attacked the capitol and called for his death. Pence is a right of center conservative, very far right on life issues.

McConnell is a similar case. He is no way a "Trumper". He had a conservative agenda and did very well in getting a lot of what conservative wanted by manipulating Senate rules as necessary (most obviously judges and the tax cut). When the states certified, McConnell indicated that Biden won the election. He then worked to elect a Republican center in GA.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think that Pence is more of mainstream conservative than most anyone in the Republican Party. I don't question whether he believes what he stood for for so many years. He accepted the role of VP. He did well in that role. Some think that the VP should speak out against the views of the president. That just isn't his role. When Pence was forced to act, he did. He refused to follow Trump's call for insurrection. This was after the Supreme Court made clear that this was not his role. Trump attacked Pence several times. His army attacked the capitol and called for his death. Pence is a right of center conservative, very far right on life issues.

McConnell is a similar case. He is no way a "Trumper". He had a conservative agenda and did very well in getting a lot of what conservative wanted by manipulating Senate rules as necessary (most obviously judges and the tax cut). When the states certified, McConnell indicated that Biden won the election. He then worked to elect a Republican center in GA.

I see your point. To be honest “ Group One” has no chance. Conservative like myself who is a “Never Trump” will never support someone who is in “Group One” no matter how good they are , they have lost my respect for life. Nothing they can do to get my vote. Those who support “Group Three” , as long as there is someone who is promoting Trumpsim , they are not going anywhere.

I don’t see where Marco Rubio will go. He has some good conservative record and ideology, but he is too much of a “opportunist” , He came to Senate with “tea party” movement but became moderate for a while and worked with “Gang of Eight” , but soon after that when things got harder, he moved to right , and then when Trump got nominated, past 5 years he just hide under the bed, pretending nothing there to see.

One of my fav moment of Marco Rubio is during primary debate , Chris Christy forced Marco Rubio to repeat same answer on multiple issue just to prove that Marco Rubio memorized some buzz words, but has no idea what he is talking about.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Scott walker – Gov of WI
john Kasich – Gov of OH

The key thing -- there are some millions of people that believe in Trump.

Believe. In the sense of faith (and hope and trust).

He is very literally their savior they believe.

Literally. This is not a figurative wording. Some literally believe in whatever Trump says with faith, and put their hope and trust and hope for being saved from the trouble of their lives in Trump. (and thus, not in God)

As you might expect, it's a serious wrong to do that, as the Word instructs us:

What Does the Bible Say About Trust No Man?

Over and over, we are warned in the Word -- God's Word to us -- not to put our hope/faith/trust in a mortal man.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that a lot depends on 2022. For now, I can't see a never-Trumper getting the 2024 nomination.

I see your point. To be honest “ Group One” has no chance. Conservative like myself who is a “Never Trump” will never support someone who is in “Group One” no matter how good they are , they have lost my respect for life. Nothing they can do to get my vote. Those who support “Group Three” , as long as there is someone who is promoting Trumpsim , they are not going anywhere.

I don’t see where Marco Rubio will go. He has some good conservative record and ideology, but he is too much of a “opportunist” , He came to Senate with “tea party” movement but became moderate for a while and worked with “Gang of Eight” , but soon after that when things got harder, he moved to right , and then when Trump got nominated, past 5 years he just hide under the bed, pretending nothing there to see.

One of my fav moment of Marco Rubio is during primary debate , Chris Christy forced Marco Rubio to repeat same answer on multiple issue just to prove that Marco Rubio memorized some buzz words, but has no idea what he is talking about.

Upvote 0