Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True! And it was much cheaper. Now some families saw their rates go up by 100,200,300+%

The improvident habitually live off of the thrifty.

....the GOP has not proposed anything yet that will address rising medical cost. Their only solution is to shift the burden to the states, cut taxes and relegate the uninsured to their own fate.
Sounds great! Its always about how it sounds and feels.....leaving out that someone somewhere else is paying for it! Millions of Americans who WERE paying for heath insurance have lost it because it became to expensive. That feels bad to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...some day, you may need help from the rest of us.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
....the GOP has not proposed anything yet that will address rising medical cost. Their only solution is to shift the burden to the states, cut taxes and relegate the uninsured to their own fate.

...some day, you may need help from the rest of us.
I have always paid my own bills.

It's true that the GOP has no plan!

The ACA did nothing to decrease overall medical charges from providers to insurers.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If it helps you feel better by demonizing the left at ever turn, then I'm glad that helps.

It actually does help to vent. My plan was canceled by the ACA. The cheapest new one was 400+% higher with a $6,000 deductible. Fortunately I was married about a year later and could get on a group family plan. I have friends who have been royally ripped off! One family of 4 saw their premiums skyrocket to $1,700 monthly!

I suspect that's not the case for the defenders of the Un-affordable Care Act on this thread.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It actually does help to vent. My plan was canceled by the ACA. The cheapest new one was 400+% higher with a $6,000 deductible. Fortunately I was married about a year later and could get on a group family plan. I have friends who have been royally ripped off! One family of 4 saw their premiums skyrocket to $1,700 monthly!

I suspect that's not the case for the defenders of the Un-affordable Care Act on this thread.

What did your old plan cover? Was it as good as the one you have now?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What did your old plan cover? Was it as good as the one you have now?
My old plan covered what wanted it to. The Trojan horse of the ACA is that it required people to buy coverage for services they didn't need or want in order to pay other people's needs or desires. Considering that plans technically reissue each year, Old plans would be terminated.

I don't think it's my business to tell you to buy certain foods, a certain car, cell phones or health coverage.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Obama never put forth a proposal that was single payer, not even at the beginning of negotiations. Actions are louder than words. I watched the healthcare debates very closely at the time as my mother had just had to jump through hoops because the insurance company claimed that a yeast infection was a pre-existing condition to having an ovarian cyst. It took her forever to get the surgery she needed.

Single payer was never on the table. Never got close to the table. Seems like some (R)s don't like looking at reality when making assessments.

Reality is quite inconvenient; it would mean admitting that their "Art of the Deal" master blew it -- again -- and is desperately scrambling for a scapegoat.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
My old plan covered what wanted it to. The Trojan horse of the ACA is that it required people to buy coverage for services they didn't need or want in order to pay other people's needs or desires. Considering that plans technically reissue each year, Old plans would be terminated.
It covered what you wanted it to? I'm going to assume then that you were a ticking time bomb to be a drag on the system as soon as you got an illness that your plan didn't cover that you couldn't pay for.

*I* would then have been paying for you.
I don't think it's my business to tell you to buy certain foods, a certain car, cell phones or health coverage.
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Reality is quite inconvenient; it would mean admitting that their "Art of the Deal" master blew it -- again -- and is desperately scrambling for a scapegoat.

It's funny that the man who says he's the best at negotiation seems to suck at convincing people in his own party to do something they said they want to do.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
IMG_6962.JPG

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep, it is what it is. Not enough young low risk folks signed on, to lesson the risk to insurers. The ACA did some good things; kids on plan till 26, expansion of medicaid and eliminated pre existing conditions. It is flawed, but it was an effort to provide the most important thing to quality of life; health.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If your previous insurance did not cover a treatment you needed to avoid death, would you have (selfishly) taken the treatment and then either not paid or declared bankruptcy or whatever, or would you have made sure you didn't make others pay for your treatment and just die quickly?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If your previous insurance did not cover a treatment you needed to avoid death, would you have (selfishly) taken the treatment and then either not paid or declared bankruptcy or whatever, or would you have made sure you didn't make others pay for your treatment and just die quickly?
This is one of the false assumptions masking the real problem, millions of Americans who could have had health insurance wait until they're sick, they rely on those who were paying into the system all of their lives. None of this hypothetical addresses the bloated health delivery industry.

And in truth most socialized systems favor the young payers while writing off treatment for older patients.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is one of the false assumptions masking the real problem, millions of Americans who could have had health insurance wait until they're sick, they rely on those who were paying into the system all of their lives. None of this hypothetical addresses the bloated health delivery industry.

And in truth most socialized systems favor the young payers while writing off treatment for older patients.
You should educate your onbthe quality of healthcare in other advanced countries. They typically deliver better health cade outcomes, at far less cost than the US system.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
Upvote 0