Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,431.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope it's not a repeat of his hate-filled Mount Rushmore speech. I only listened to a small portion and read it afterwards--I was just praying that he didn't set the Black Hills on fire during a drought because he insisted on fireworks, despite warnings from safety officials.

What an embarrassment, surrounded by a monument of four American heroes, to see a would-be dictator attempting to destroy our democracy, reimagine our history, and ruin our future.

The 28 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's Mount Rushmore speech - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that the Democratic Convention theme should highlight wisdom of the Founding Fathers in providing checks-and-balances in the Constitution and honoring the contributions of the US Post Office, past and present, in promoting American democracy!

Interesting! Can you please share one or two of the contribution of the post office in promoting American Democracy. prior to three months ago, they have never been mentioned as part of the political process.

Looking forward to it. I’d be particularly interested in their contributions to promoting American democracy during the world wars or Vietnam. Beyond moving the mail of course, because you realize they also delivered mail from racists.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,732.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think that the Democratic Convention theme should highlight wisdom of the Founding Fathers in providing checks-and-balances in the Constitution and honoring the contributions of the US Post Office, past and present, in promoting American democracy!
Yeah sure! They might want to highlight as well the importance of the electoral college in selecting a President! It's they who want to make some unnecessary point that Trump didn't win the popular vote. They either believe in the Constitution or they don't. You're claiming they do. Their actions show different. They make light of the electoral college at every turn.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting! Can you please share one or two of the contribution of the post office in promoting American Democracy. prior to three months ago, they have never been mentioned as part of the political process
Looking forward to it. I’d be particularly interested in their contributions to promoting American democracy during the world wars or Vietnam. Beyond moving the mail of course, because you realize they also delivered mail from racists.[
You mean like this:
US troops routinely vote by mail. Why can’t the rest of America do the same?
Not surprisingly President Trump has opposed allowing states to give every American the option to vote by mail. While he claims that voting by mail has a tremendous potential for fraud, he has publicly admitted that the real reason is that he fears a large turnout favors Democrats. But if Trump had not avoided military service in Vietnam in 1968, by having a doctor make a dubious claim that he had bone spurs, he would have known that the U.S. military and their families have been voting by mail in large numbers since the Civil War, that Congress has been supporting it these past 150 years, and that there have been almost no instances of fraud. (Ironically in 1864 the Democrats warned of fraud and called it a scheme by Republicans.)
tulc(hopes that helps)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic