• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reports suggest Don Jr about to be arrested.

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Kentonio, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+2,742
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    "Donald Trump Jr. Expecting to Be Indicted by Mueller Soon

Two days ago, Gabriel Sherman reported that White House officials are concerned about Donald Jr. “I’m very worried about Don Jr.,” a former West Wing official told Sherman, who fears Mueller will be able to prove perjury. Deep in a report about Trump’s 2020 campaign plans, Politico drops the news this morning that Trump Jr. “has told friends in recent weeks that he believes he could be indicted.”"

Donald Trump Jr. Expecting to Be Indicted by Mueller Soon

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+25,493
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I heard about this yesterday. Do you think this is the motive behind the firing of Sessions?

3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+6,468
    Other Religion
    That would be absolutely delicious. I've said for a while that my peak schadenfreude would have Trump as the last man standing, alone, with his family broken and everybody around him disgraced and/or in jail for having followed him into this mess.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Active Member

+244
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    If they cannot tell you who said it, it could be because no one said it. Lots of innuendo no facts typical media of today

5. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+4,179
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    I have a feeling that Mueller will get everyone that needs to get got....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. disciple Clint

+244
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Would you say that Trump is responsible for all the hate?

7. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+5,105
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I (and the goats) just don't feel the love in your posts?

We study the Bible up top of the mountain and are taught to love our enemies.

Makes for less stress and a happy life.

M-Bob

8. Kentonio

+2,742
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    I think so. If not, its an amazing coincidence.

9. disciple Clint

+244
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Sessions was taking a long walk on a short pier, the results were inevitable.

10. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+6,468
    Other Religion
    Some of it, but no, not all of it. I think we're all capable of at least a little tribalism and schadenfreude and are ourselves responsible for how we respond to different situations.

However, I do think he's responsible for needlessly stirring up and triggering those capacities, and I think he's responsible for whatever criminal and professional repercussions come his way.

ETA: I think certain parts of the media also bear a lot of responsibility for stirring up hatred, on both sides. Anger is good business for them.

Was it love that inspired you to create a thread proclaiming how great you and your fellow Republicans are for not rioting after the election? Because that looked a whole lot like sanctimony and self-righteousness from the bottom of the mountain.

And then there was the one gloating about an old woman falling and landing in the hospital.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member

+2,312
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    All?

I wouldn't say all, so no. This hate has brewing for several years with Trump surfacing as the face of it. From my observation, this current version of hate (that I'm referring to) originated around the same time as the 'Tea Party' surfaced. Although it was much more civil then, that frustration and angst has been stoked into what we are seeing now.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  12. Kentonio

+2,742
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    I'm sure the one gloating about Ginsberg having an accident was just pure love.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+6,468
    Other Religion
    Yeah, I remembered that one as you posted it.

14. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+1,316
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Perhaps. I feel like with the replacement of the attorney general with a loyalist is going to put a quick halt to the Mueller probe, especially if it comes close to family. BOOM. Shut down.

Mueller took too long I'm afraid. I think his time is probably really short. Matthew G. Whitaker the new temporary AG:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...robert-muellers-funds/?utm_term=.4e8ff24d788d

“So I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced with a recess appointment,” Whitaker said, “and that attorney general doesn’t fire Bob Mueller, but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt.”

15. cow451

cow451 The Ecstasy of Gold Supporter

+8,379
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Bullying behavior typically leads to ill feelings. The President behaves like a typical bully.

16. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,294
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I would note that Mueller has shared much of what he has with NY authorities. Jr and others have likely violated state and local laws through their actions as part of Trump companies and charity.

17. mark46

+2,294
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Sessions was laws going to be fired after the election. Perhaps this cost Sessions a week, perhaps not.

18. CitizenD

CitizenD Active Member

+497
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Politico Trump turns his attention to his own political survival:

19. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+2,680
    Atheist
    Says the man gleeful that Justice Ginsburg was hospitalized.

You might want to invest in some mirrors up on the mountain.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. mark46

+2,294
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat

I would note that Trump can have any AG approved by the Senate. He has the votes. It is conservative pressure and pressure from FOXNoise that will likely get Trump to nominate someone else. Whitaker will likely serve until that person is approved by the Senate.

The BOTTOM LINE is that Trump controls the Senate and can have any AG he wants. If Dems want Whitaker out, they need to allow the Republicans to push through a nomination.