Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To be a people for his own possession to keep the law, not every Jew born is automatically chosen he had to keep the law and currently believe in its fulfillment through the person of Jesus Christ.

Deuteronomy 10:15
The Lord loved your ancestors very much. He loved them so much that he chose you, their descendants, to be his people. He chose you instead of any other nation, and you are still his chosen people today.

1 Kings 3:8
I am your servant here among your chosen people. There are so many that they cannot be counted.

1 Chronicles 16:13
The people of Israel are his servants. The descendants of Jacob are his chosenpeople.

1 Chronicles 16:22
He said, “Don’t hurt my chosen people. Don’t hurt my prophets.”

Psalm 78:71
He took him away from the job of caring for sheep and gave him the job of caring for the descendants of Jacob—Israel, his chosen people.

Psalm 105:15
He said, “Don’t hurt my chosen people. Don’t harm my prophets.”

Psalm 106:5
Let me share in the good things that you do for your chosen people. Let me rejoice with your nation. Let me join with your people in praise.

Isaiah 42:19
In all the world, no one is more blind than my servant. No one is more deaf than my messenger. No one is more blind than my chosen people, the servant of the Lord.

Isaiah 43:20
The wild animals will thank me. The large animals and birds will honor me when I put water in the desert and make rivers flow through that dry land. I will do this to give water to my chosen people.

Isaiah 45:4
I do this for my servant, Jacob. I do it for my chosen people, Israel. Cyrus, I am calling you by name. You don’t know me, but I know you.

Isaiah 65:22
Never again will one person build a house and another person live there. Never again will one person plant a garden and another eat the fruit from it. My people will live as long as the trees. My chosen people will get full use of whatever they make.

Matthew 24:31
He will use a loud trumpet to send his angels all around the earth. They will gather his chosen people from every part of the earth.

Mark 13:27
He will send his angels all around the earth. They will gather his chosen peoplefrom every part of the earth.

Luke 19:9
Jesus said, “Today is the day for this family to be saved from sin. Yes, even this tax collector is one of God’s chosen people.

Romans 11:28
The Jews refuse to accept the Good News, so they are God’s enemies. This has happened to help you who are not Jews. But they are still God’s chosen people, and he loves them because of the promises he made to their ancestors.

Romans 16:13
Greetings also to Rufus, one of the Lord’s chosen people, and to his mother, who has been a mother to me too.

Titus 1:1
Greetings from Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ. I was sent to help God’s chosen people have faith and understand the truth that produces a life of devotion to God.

1 Peter 1:1
Greetings from Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ. To God’s chosen people who are away from their homes—people scattered all over the areas of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are his chosen people, the King’s priests. You are a holy nation, people who belong to God. He chose you to tell about the wonderful things he has done. He brought you out of the darkness of sin into his wonderful light.

2 Peter 1:10
My brothers and sisters, God called you and chose you to be his. Do your best to live in a way that shows you really are God’s called and chosen people. If you do all this, you will never fall.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know, you can do your own research. Better than demanding people do it for you. Just say'n.

It is up to those making claims to document using primary sources to prove exactly what is taught.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please document from primary sources of those who teach "Covenant Theology" with links, so context can be checked.
That's for you to do. I don't claim Covenant Theology. I believe it is man made.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 9 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
God and the Jewish People
9 I am in Christ and I am telling you the truth. I am not lying. And my conscience, ruled by the Holy Spirit, agrees that what I say now is true. 2 I have great sorrow and always feel much sadness 3 for my own people. They are my brothers and sisters, my earthly family. I wish I could help them. I would even have a curse on me and cut myself off from Christ if that would help them. 4 They are the people of Israel, God’s chosen children. They have the glory of God and the agreements he made between himself and his people. God gave them the Law of Moses, the Temple worship, and his promises. 5 They are the descendants of our great fathers, and they are the earthly family of the Messiah, who is God over all things. Praise him forever![a] Amen.

6 I don’t mean that God failed to keep his promise to the Jewish people. But only some of the people of Israel are really God’s people. 7 And only some of Abraham’s descendants are true children of Abraham. This is what God said to Abraham: “Your true descendants will be those who come through Isaac.”[c] 8 This means that not all of Abraham’s descendants are God’s true children. Abraham’s true children are those who become God’s children because of the promise he made to Abraham. 9 Here is what God said in that promise: “About this time next year I will come back, and Sarah will have a son.”[d]

10 And that is not all. Rebecca also had sons, and they had the same father. He is our father Isaac. 11-12 But before the two sons were born, God told Rebecca, “The older son will serve the younger.”[e] This was before the boys had done anything good or bad. God said this before they were born so that the boy he wanted would be chosen because of God’s own plan. He was chosen because he was the one God wanted to call, not because of anything the boys did. 13 As the Scriptures say, “I loved Jacob, but I hated Esau.”[f]

14 So what does this mean? That God is not fair? We cannot say that. 15 God said to Moses, “I will show mercy to anyone I want to show mercy to. I will show pity to anyone I choose.”[g] 16 So God will choose anyone he decides to show mercy to, and his choice does not depend on what people want or try to do. 17 In the Scriptures God says to Pharaoh: “I made you king so that you could do this for me. I wanted to show my power through you. I wanted my name to be announced throughout the world.”[h] 18 So God shows mercy to those he wants to show mercy to and makes stubborn those he wants to make stubborn.

19 So one of you will ask me, “If God controls what we do, why does he blame us for our sins?” 20 Don’t ask that. You are only human and have no right to question God. A clay jar does not question the one who made it. It does not say, “Why did you make me like this?” 21 The one who makes the jar can make anything he wants. He uses the same clay to make different things. He might make one thing for special purposes and another for daily use.

22 It is the same way with what God has done. He wanted to show his anger and to let people see his power. But he patiently endured those he was angry with—people who were ready to be destroyed. 23 He waited with patience so that he could make known the riches of his glory to the people he has chosen to receive his mercy. God has already prepared them to share his glory. 24 We are those people, the ones God chose not only from the Jews but also from those who are not Jews. 25 As the Scriptures say in the book of Hosea,

“The people who are not mine—
I will say they are my people.
And the people I did not love—
I will say they are the people I love.”

26 And,

“Where God said in the past,
‘You are not my people’—
there they will be called children of the living God.”

27 And Isaiah cries out about Israel:

“There are so many people of Israel,
they are like the grains of sand by the sea.
But only a few of them will be saved.
28 Yes, the Lord will quickly finish judging the people on the earth.”

29 It is just as Isaiah said:

“The Lord All-Powerful
allowed some of our people to live.
If he had not done that,
we would now be like Sodom,
and we would be like Gomorrah.”

30 So what does all this mean? It means that people who are not Jews were made right with God because of their faith, even though they were not trying to make themselves right. 31 And the people of Israel, who tried to make themselves right with God by following the law, did not succeed. 32 They failed because they tried to make themselves right by the things they did. They did not trust in God to make them right. They fell over the stone that makes people fall. 33 The Scriptures talk about that stone:

“Look, I put in Zion a stone that will make people stumble.
It is a rock that will make people fall.
But anyone who trusts in him
will never be disappointed.”

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any Jew who did his best was chosen, of course no one who loved kept it perfectly except one person that was sinless which was what the law demanded.

Jeremiah 18 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
The Potter and the Clay
18 This is the message that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “Jeremiah, go down to the potter’s house. I will give you my message there.”

3 So I went down to the potter’s house and saw him working with clay at the wheel. 4 He was making a pot from clay. But there was something wrong with the pot. So the potter used that clay to make another pot. With his hands he shaped the pot the way he wanted it to be.

5 Then this message from the Lord came to me: 6 “Family of Israel, you know that I can do the same thing with you. You are like the clay in the potter’s hands, and I am the potter.” This message is from the Lord. 7 “There may come a time when I will speak about a nation or a kingdom that I will pull up by its roots or tear down and destroy it. 8 But if the people of that nation change their hearts and lives and stop doing evil things, I will change my mind and not bring on them the disaster I planned. 9 There may come another time when I speak about a nation that I will build up or plant. 10 But if I see that nation doing evil things and not obeying me, I will think again about the good I had planned to do for them.

11 “So, Jeremiah, say to the people of Judah and those who live in Jerusalem, ‘This is what the Lord says: I am the potter preparing troubles for you and making plans against you. So stop doing the evil things you are doing. Each person must change and start doing good.’ 12 But the people of Judah will answer, ‘We don’t care what you say. We will continue to do what we want. We will do the evil our stubborn hearts want.’”

13 Listen to what the Lord says:

“Ask the other nations this question:
‘Have you ever heard of anything so bad?’
Israel, who is as dear to me as a young daughter,
has done this terrible thing!
14 It is as strange as not finding snow on Lebanon’s mountains
or seeing the cool streams that come from there stop flowing.
That just does not happen!
15 But my people have forgotten me.
They burn offerings to worthless idols.
They have left the right way that their ancestors followed,
and they stumble on the path they have chosen.
Instead of staying on the good road I showed them,
they prefer to walk on bumpy paths.
16 So their land will become an empty desert,
a place for people from now on to make fun of.
All who pass by there will be shocked by what has happened.
They will just shake their heads at what they see.
17 Like a strong east wind, I will scatter my people.
I will use their enemies to scatter them like dust.
When disaster comes upon them,
they will see me leaving, not coming to help.”

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you show me where the Land promised to Abraham and his believing descendants was promised to the Church?

From my limited knowledge of the subject no one makes such a claim.

Please document from primary sources of those who teach "replacement theology" aka Supersession with links, so context can be checked.

Please document from primary sources of those who teach the claim you are making with links, so context can be checked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's for you to do. I don't claim Covenant Theology. I believe it is man made.

Is not any theology man made? or compiled by humans?

• Agree
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my limited knowledge of the subject no one makes such a claim.

Please document from primary sources of those who teach "replacement theology" aka Supersession with links, so context can be checked.

Please document from primary sources of those who teach the claim you are making with links, so context can be checked.
First answer me this...Does replacement theology teach that the Church replaces Israel?
(maybe we have a different type of RT in mind)

• Useful
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is not any theology man made? or compiled by humans?
Of course it is but hopefully it's source of study is the true God and what He has revealed of Himself, through the Scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can I get a John 5:39? :D
You can but you'll have to use Scripture to get there. :help: (Interesting, no Bible Emojis)

yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
(Joh 5:40)
Don't forget the purpose of Jesus statement...
Theology is the study of God, but it is in vain, if through it's study we do not come into a living relationship. Searching the Scriptures is still of utmost importance.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can but you'll have to use Scripture to get there. :help: (Interesting, no Bible Emojis)

yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
(Joh 5:40)
Don't forget the purpose of Jesus statement...
Theology is the study of God, but it is in vain, if through it's study we do not come into a living relationship. Searching the Scriptures is still of utmost importance.

:amen:

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First answer me this...Does replacement theology teach that the Church replaces Israel?
(maybe we have a different type of RT in mind)

I am not sure, that is why I am asking for quotes from primary sources of those who teach it with links to check context.

Upvote 0