• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Repentence

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys,

I’m sorry I have to come here and ask for help for this.

But the day before yesterday,I made a very shameful and bad decision,after what I thought was true repentance,I went back not to a inappropriate contentography website,but a website that was medical but was bugged with an inappropriate pop up,to add no m-word was involved,And it has induced be with shiploads of anxiety.

And since then I’ve been having anxiety attacks,my mind telling me you secretly love inappropriate contentography,when I tell myself I don’t.And it’s a mental struggle.let me be the first to say I absolutely resent it now, and hate how it keeps driving this wedge between me and Jesus,how it keeps giving me anxiety,I’m so angry at myself for peeking once.

Sometimes I get the anxiety that I’m already destined for hell and it scares me.I told Christ I repent of this disgusting material,because it only brings temporary pleasure and he brings eternal pleasure,and I think to myself it’s not worth it,it’ll never bring happiness.The situation I’m in now is pounding me with guilt and extreme hopelessness.

Could I ask,Now that I am free,how can I ask Christ for forgiveness,his Holy Spirit,and to be born again?,

Last edited:

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi guys,

But the day before yesterday,I made a very shameful and bad decision,after what I thought was true repentance,I went back not to a inappropriate contentography website,but a website that was medical but was bugged with an inappropriate pop up,to add no m-word was involved,And it has induced be with shiploads of anxiety.

And since then I’ve been having anxiety attacks,my mind telling me you secretly love inappropriate contentography,when I tell myself I don’t.And it’s a mental struggle.let me be the first to say I absolutely resent it now, and hate how it keeps driving this wedge between me and Jesus,how it keeps giving me anxiety,I’m so angry at myself for peeking once.

Sometimes I get the anxiety that I’m already destined for hell and it scares me.I told Christ I repent of this disgusting material,because it only brings temporary pleasure and he brings eternal pleasure,and I think to myself it’s not worth it,it’ll never bring happiness.

Could I ask,Now that I am free,how can I ask Christ for forgiveness,his Holy Spirit,and to be born again?,
If you were born again once you don't need to again, in fact can't. The first time is the real deal complete with Spirit. However we can pray for a filling of the Spirit, a full cup so to speak. If you have not believed that Jesus died on a cross for us and subsequently called on His name for the forgiveness of your sins then indeed you never were born again as yet. So which category are you in ?

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you were born again once you don't need to again, in fact can't. The first time is the real deal complete with Spirit. However we can pray for a filling of the Spirit, a full cup so to speak. If you have not believed that Jesus died on a cross for us and subsequently called on His name for the forgiveness of your sins then indeed you never were born again as yet. So which category are you in ?
1st category,

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1st category,
OK, well if you're born again you don't need to be reborn again. You do confess to God you're sin walk away and your fellowship with the Holy Spirit is restored. He doesn't leave anyway but sin blocks Him.
1 John 1:9

New International Version

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK, well if you're born again you don't need to be reborn again. You do confess to God you're sin walk away and your fellowship with the Holy Spirit is restored. He doesn't leave anyway but sin blocks Him.
1 John 1:9

New International Version

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Sorry to ask,but how can I know if I wasn’t born again before?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,

Sometimes I get the anxiety that I’m already destined for hell and it scares me.I told Christ I repent of this disgusting material,because it only brings temporary pleasure and he brings eternal pleasure,and I think to myself it’s not worth it,it’ll never bring happiness.

Welcome. Sorry you are going through a difficult moment. But that is what it is, just a moment. Time to move on to more positive things so that your repentance is proven by your actions. We are all still in the flesh and are constantly tested by that very flesh. Satan has reeled you in to think you have somehow lost your regeneration through the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. DONT ever fall into his trap. It is important to understand that questioning your salvation is a far more serious condition because it grieves the Holy Spirit.
Put on the full armor of God , for that which is in YOU, is greater than what is in the world. And Satan seeks to devour.
Never doubt, move on! Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Sorry to ask,but how can I know if I wasn’t born again before?
A change in your life is evidence of the Spirit at work in your spirit. But if you doubt you were you should do it now.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome. Sorry you are going through a difficult moment. But that is what it is, just a moment. Time to move on to more positive things so that your repentance is proven by your actions. We are all still in the flesh and are constantly tested by that very flesh. Satan has reeled you in to think you have somehow lost your regeneration through the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. DONT ever fall into his trap. It is important to understand that questioning your salvation is a far more serious condition because it grieves the Holy Spirit.
Put on the full armor of God , for that which is in YOU, is greater than what is in the world. And Satan seeks to devour.
Never doubt, move on! Be blessed.
Thank you so much;I used to be a terrible inappropriate content user,however I’ve noticed that my character is changing,like I said I resent it now because it only drives a wedge further and further between me and Jesus.my only question is,how or what can I ask him for him to forgive me?

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A change in your life is evidence of the Spirit at work in your spirit. But if you doubt you were you should do it now.
Ok,I suffer from OCD and I often have doubts,if I want not a again,how can I ask Christ?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Blaise I told you, confess it and move on and away from the inappropriate content. Don't make this difficult,the scripture I gave is as simple as it states it. I agree with Maria,the enemy is casting doubts in you. Do you know that we have authority in Jesus Christ to tell that enemy to depart in the name of Jesus and he must do it ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much;I used to be a terrible inappropriate content user,however I’ve noticed that my character is changing,like I said I resent it now because it only drives a wedge further and further between me and Jesus.my only question is,how or what can I ask him for him to forgive me?
How can you ask for forgiveness when it has already been given to you ? God reads our heart. He knows our pain and struggles. Believe in His everlasting forgiveness and move on.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ok that's a big help to you. Listen don't mix OCD thoughts into your faith, the enemy loves to work right in that. Believe what scripture tells us. If you don't where to read any number of us here are willing to help you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok that's a big help to you. Listen don't mix OCD thoughts into your faith, the enemy loves to work right in that. Believe what scripture tells us. If you don't where to read any number of us here are willing to help you.
Thank you Dave,could I ask of you one more thing,I know you’re a child of God,as a child of God,on your part,could you pray to him to forgive me,and to please let me never return?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you Dave,could I ask of you one more thing,I know you’re a child of God,as a child of God,on your part,could you pray to him to forgive me,and to please let me never return?
He forgave you at the cross. I pray you learn more scripture and gain the precepts of assurance. See we have a positional truth in Christ, it's our spiritual reality that we have a destination that is eternal. Experiential truth though ( experiencing our life on earth) we get doubtful. This does not change that spiritual reality but it sure fowls our heads up ! The more we know in scripture the closer we can walk in assurance with God.

I will pray for you but differently than you might be requesting.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys,

Sometimes I get the anxiety that I’m already destined for hell and it scares me.I told Christ I repent of this disgusting material,because it only brings temporary pleasure and he brings eternal pleasure,and I think to myself it’s not worth it,it’ll never bring happiness.The situation I’m in now is pounding me with guilt and extreme hopelessness.

Also could someone help me understand this article I’ve read for awhile and paraphrase it for me? Why Praying For The Strength To Quit inappropriate contentography Won't Help You

Upvote 0

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟26,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I wouldn't waste time with articles like that. A lot of people tend to undermine or underestimate the power of the Lord, especially atheists and nonbelievers.

I've been spending less time online, to help lessen my chance of watching inappropriate content or acting inappropriate. The method has been working for me and I had 23 days without watching inappropriate content or acting inappropriate. With COVID, people may be spending more time online since outdoor life is somewhat restricted or discouraged. I do manage to still keep offline though, because I've noticed that my internet usage is linked to my tendency to observe inappropriate content or act inappropriate.

Upvote 0