Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it possible to repent of the act of selling one's soul to Satan?
Before you get Saved, he already owns your soul, so his claim that you sold it at a later time is just another one of his lies.

Jesus said (of unbelievers),
You are of your father the devil,
and the desires of your father you want to do...
" John 8:44 NKJV

When you get/got Saved, it is because Jesus bought you back with His Blood. The devil has absolutely no claim on you, whatsoever.

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit
who is in you, whom you have from God,
and you are not your own?
For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body
and in your spirit, which are God’s." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NKJV

(Also, if you are struggling with OCD, seek out treatment or you will always be harassed by the accusation in your OP.)

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Selling one's soul to Satan is fictional. I coincidentally just watched a couple of Twilight Zone episodes where this fictional exchange takes place. Both involved someone signing a contract in the presence of Satan. I believe these tales are inspired by a 16th century play called Faust or Doctor Faustus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Is it possible to repent of the act of selling one's soul to Satan?
Absolutely. Numbers of Satanists have come to Christ and been totally delivered.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. Numbers of Satanists have come to Christ and been totally delivered.

I hadn't thought of that. I imagine some sort of pledge would be involved with it. But of course as you say, coming to Christ would nulify it.

Upvote 0

Shodan

Feb 22, 2002
Midwest
✟30,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only unforgiveable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit - that is, rejecting the call of the Holy Spirit to come to Christ. If you repent, not just of the sin of selling your soul to Satan but any sin, you aren't committing blasphemy against the Spirit.

As mentioned above, Jesus paid the price for your soul with His blood. Thus he has a prior claim, and the contract, if challenged, has no validity and Satan is SOL. Sux to be him.

IANAL.

I once tried to write a short story about a guy selling his soul to Satan, in return for eternal life, youth and riches. Satan agrees, the guy signs a document repudiating his baptism with the idea that Satan would never get him because he would never die.

Satan smiles and immediately drags the guy to Hell. The guy is yelling in protest, that he never got his eternal youth and life. And Satan laughs at him, and says, "I lied!'

You don't need to worry about these things. Jesus has it covered, and He has thought of everything. He is good at that.

Regards,
Shodan

Upvote 0