Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must say that it's an non sequitur argument to insist that what I wrote in my other post is strictly my opinion. It's actually rather pointless to accuse me of that because I didn't write this article: Christians Tempted By Trump Idolatry | The American Conservative and I certainly didn't write this article: Billy Graham's Granddaughter Rebukes Franklin Graham And "Hypocritical" Evangelical Trump Supporters.

I definitely didn't write Trump-Loving Christians Owe Bill Clinton an Apology or Donald Trump and the Great Evangelical Compromise. In fact, I didn't write any of these articles, which substantiate what I wrote about the reputation of the current Republican Party being torn to shreds because of Trump and because he's being defended by many conservatives Christians. It's obviously not just my opinion.

Evangelicals have abandoned their mission in favor of Trump

How could Christians support Trump’s lies? It depends on what you mean by ‘truth

Evangelicals slammed Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct. So why does Trump get a pass?

Fox News Video: Juan Williams: Evangelicals sell their souls for Trump.

On a side note, even other evangelical Christians have voiced their disbelief and disapproval.

I’m an evangelical. The religious right leaders who support Trump don’t speak for me.

Evangelicals: This Is What It Looks Like When You Sell Your Soul For A Bowl Of Trump

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
{snip}I can guarantee that if Trump is actually forced to testify under oath, he would perjure himself, just as Bill Clinton did.

I honestly don't think Trump would last ten minutes under oath before he would perjure himself.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How long after he's out of office will Melania last? I give it no more than 4 years.

He's 73, in lousy shape, and looking at a bunch of possible indictments as soon as he leaves. If she's smart, she'll ride it out until he's either dead or in jail and then live as wealthy single woman in her 50's.

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
He's 73, in lousy shape, and looking at a bunch of possible indictments as soon as he leaves. If she's smart, she'll ride it out until he's either dead or in jail and then live as wealthy single woman in her 50's.
Oh, my thought was the other way. I think there's a distinct possibility that he thinks so highly of himself he can turn Melania in for a younger model at any time. I think there's a pretty good case that can be made that money is a big factor for Melania sticking around as long as she doesn't step on any toes. At this point, he slept with a inappropriate contentstar when Baron wasn't even a year old. If she sticks around for that, she'll likely stick around through anything. Kinda sad.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
R's will submit to any misbehavior from Trump. So their opposition to impeachment is not indicative at all of the merits of the case. Thats the age we're in now. Party first!
What a colorful theory! One side has, for the first time in American history, attempted to overthrow the results of a presidential election on the basis of "our candidate lost"...and I'm reading how it's all the fault of the party that won the election!!

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, my thought was the other way. I think there's a distinct possibility that he thinks so highly of himself he can turn Melania in for a younger model at any time. I think there's a pretty good case that can be made that money is a big factor for Melania sticking around as long as she doesn't step on any toes. At this point, he slept with a inappropriate contentstar when Baron wasn't even a year old. If she sticks around for that, she'll likely stick around through anything. Kinda sad.

eh, I don't know about that. Maybe, but again, he's 73 - I gotta imagine that even a player like him would run out of gas at some point. And they've been married for 14 years, which is almost as long as he and Ivana were married.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a colorful theory!

A theory proven thus far: The Republicans have chosen not to attack the merits of the case. Instead, they howl about the process....a process their own party blessed only a few short years ago.

One side has, for the first time in American history, attempted to overthrow the results of a presidential election on the basis of "our candidate lost"...and I'm reading how it's all the fault of the party that won the election!!

Impeachment was inserted into the Constitution to provide Congress the ability to remove an elected official prior to the next election. This is not the first time nor will it be the last time.

Suggest you take it up with Mason, Madison and Jefferson if you have an issue.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What a colorful theory! One side has, for the first time in American history, attempted to overthrow the results of a presidential election on the basis of "our candidate lost"...and I'm reading how it's all the fault of the party that won the election!!

That's basically the tactic that Republicans took against Obama. You guys lost? Oh, well, then it must have been because he was some Kenyan-born interloper who got a bunch of illegals to vote for him, not because "real Americans" actually preferred him. And then there's Merrick Garland. The only reason you guys didn't make a serious attempt at impeaching Obama is because he didn't do anything that would remotely warrant it, though that didn't stop some folks from flirting with the idea.

The case against Trump is a lot stronger than it was against Andrew Johnson.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I must say that it's an non sequitur argument to insist that what I wrote in my other post is strictly my opinion.

Sorry but that is just your opinion and quite frankly I could care less if you put down some links of one's who agree with you. You can't justify saying the Republican party is in shambles when it seems currently they're in good standing to win the 2020 Election.

• Agree
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
More revealing of Nadler's statement from 1998 on Laura Ingraham, with Rep Steve Scalise, Rep Lee Zeldin, and Rep Andy Biggs. They indicated you can probably very much expect that they'll bring up to the forefront Nadler's statements from 98....

Nadler's Statement: "There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other. Such an impeachment would lack legitimacy...."

Start video at 18:20

Upvote 0