Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lawsuit: Rep. Jim Jordan Knew About Strauss Sexual Abuse During Coaching Tenure at OSU

In a federal lawsuit filed last Thursday, a professional wrestling referee claims in 1994 he told now-U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan — at the time an assistant wrestling coach at the school — about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct by former Ohio State University doctor Richard Strauss.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court, contradicts repeated assertions by Jordan that he was unaware of allegations against Strauss.

An independent report by law firm Perkins-Coie released in May says that Strauss, who killed himself in 2005, sexually abused at least 177 male students during his 1979-1998 tenure at OSU. The report also says that more than 22 coaches, 18 athletic trainers and others were aware of the abuse. Coaches were not named in that investigation, and a spokesperson for Jordan has said the Ohio congressman was not among them.

Numbers released by OSU earlier this year suggest Strauss committed roughly 1,500 acts of sexual abuse.

The latest suit — one of more than two dozen that have been filed against the school — represents 43 former OSU students who claim Strauss sexually abused them.

It was a long time ago but I can understand how for the victims of this, it's not the sort of wound that just heals up over time. The damage done by that kind of abuse early on in life can last.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK
ex-wrestler testifies to Ohio legislators

Ohio representative and former Ohio State University wrestling coach Jim Jordan aided and abetted in the university's cover-up of sexual abuse within the program, a former team captain said in front of Ohio state legislators on Wednesday.

"Jim Jordan called me crying, groveling, begging me to go against my brother, begging me, crying for a half-hour," DiSabato said Wednesday. "That’s the kind of cover-up that’s going on there."

Eight wrestlers have said publicly that Jordan was aware of—and did not do anything to stop—Strauss's systemic abuse.

• Informative
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0