keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Since I planted early I'm already entering the stage of 'What am I going to do with all these zucchini?'. One nice option is zucchini fritters. Especially nice as it looks very reasonable to try different spices.

However, every recipe I've seen so far starts with putting shredded zucchini in a colander and adding salt to help remove moisture. Thankfully only a teaspoon to a pound and a half of zucchini. But I'd like to find a salt free option for this and other dishes that deal with removing excess moisture.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Since I planted early I'm already entering the stage of 'What am I going to do with all these zucchini?'. One nice option is zucchini fritters. Especially nice as it looks very reasonable to try different spices.

However, every recipe I've seen so far starts with putting shredded zucchini in a colander and adding salt to help remove moisture. Thankfully only a teaspoon to a pound and a half of zucchini. But I'd like to find a salt free option for this and other dishes that deal with removing excess moisture.

Would drying using a heat source work?
  • A warm oven
  • A hair dryer
  • Left near a heater
  • Left out in the sun
OB

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dehydrater.
I never knew the importance of removing water in my cooking. My favorite recipe is boiled with onions, tomato sauce and spices. 2nd would be breaded and fried but I'm not good at it.
Wow, a miracle Gardner. Koodoes.
:oldthumbsup: too bad this thumb isn't green:)
Happy Easter!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A salad spinner type approach might help.
We shred it and then dehydrate it to crispy dry. We then put it in a jar with a desiccant pad that will remove moisture from the air. Squash of any kind is very good to rehydrate.

Upvote 0